Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 36th Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

holy sweet baba jesus, so saturday morning i got up to select my captain, hazard or sanchez, hazard has nothing to play for and dont fancy sanchez as even though he is in form he has been hit and miss most of the season.....SOLD hazard to get kun in..... captained him and OMG

Second best Game Week Rank ever 13,647
    Personal OR Record (from 138,000) to 76,665

Total 93 (-4) with sanchez and giroud still to go, 11 will get me a true century, delighted is an understatement...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Down 3,000 to 27,000

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

75 points I beat my main rival by.

The poor Agueroless, Silvaless bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ShaneU wrote: »
    I have 32 (-8) with 3 Arsenal players left

Feel better about your "meh" 70 points now?

Yes. Yes I do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just touched inside the top 5k. Will most likely drop out again tomorrow though.

Main thing for tomorrow please is a GRU blank

• Advertisement

Any word on ramsey for tomorrow night?

He was pictured training with the team so I'm hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Just broke into top 48,500 from 63000 yday.

86 with 3 Arsenal players to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I was already 74 points down but my rival has killed me off after today.

He had Aguero(c) Silva and Kolarov (75 points from just those 3)
    I had no City players.

37(-4) with 3 to play.
    Roll on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

82 (-4) with Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud leaves me just inside the top 31k on 30,966 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

19k to 16k. Hoped it might have been another 2k but 16k is so much better than where I was at 42k just at the start of the last GW.

Terry's goal and my own ineptness at picking the right players in my 15 cost that extra few thousand but Aguero and Silva are legends. Sanchez and Ozil tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Almost halved my rank from 2.9k to 1.6k; top 1k is 15 points off.

Smarty Pants on FPL Discovery told me, "On a more serious note, let’s take a look at the ownership stats:
    Giroud 47,4%
    Bellerín 33,1%
    Ramsey 18,0%
    Ospina 15,6%
    Cazorla 15,5%
    Özil 13,1%
    Koscielny 11,8%

I guess only goals where Sanchez shares points with Giroud or Bellerin may turn out to be detrimental to your overall rank.
    Even if Sanchez scores a goal assisted by, say, Ramsey, total ownership would be 74.4% + 8.2% + 18% = 100%, so it would still be a slightly good thing for you in terms of overall rank (18% out of those would be getting only 3 points for an assist while you’ll be getting 5 for a goal). But if Ramsey scores assisted by Sanchez that would be a slightly bad thing for you."

The big things will be Giroud blank and Swansea goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

OR of 885 my best ever. Sanchez and Bellerin to come. PVA first sub if wenger wants to give Bellerin the night off.

I'm struggling to stay in the top 3 in the Harps league now disastrous last 2 gws.
    I

Yeah. Didn't see that coming at all. Credit to Edgbaston played pva ahead of alder.

Btw. Remember where u were 16 years ago yesterday??! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up to 21k. 86 (-4). Kos, Sanchez and Gitoud to go.

Rivals have captained Sanchez though and all have Giroud so I'd love a nil nil!

F1ngers wrote: »
    50/50 at press conference on friday.
    Trained with squad today.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/arsenal/pictures_ramsey_walcott_and_gnabry_feature_in_training_as_arsenal_prepare_for_swansea_1_4067831

Fingers crossed.

Dropped 500 places myself to 5600ish. Sanchez, Ramsey and Koscielny to play. If ever there was a time for big Laurie to chip in with a goal it would be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Up to 39k. Big score from Sanchez tomorrow and I'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

OR 666...😱😈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A rise of 3k from 8.2k to 5.2k. Delighted. Expecting a slight fall tomorrow, as only have 2 arsenal players, but would be thrilled to stay in the top 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Up to 1.3k. Aim for the rest of the season is to catch that bastard who started in GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

qwabercd wrote: »
    Up to 1.3k. Aim for the rest of the season is to catch that bastard who started in GW2.

We passed him! He didn't have Aguero :pac: and even lost first place in GW2 league: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/276/standings/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

92 (-4)....so happy :) Still have Sanchez and Giroud to play so hopefully hit the 100 mark :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Aguero got me 46 pts. The guy in second to me got 22 points in total. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My captain scored 23 x 2 points and I still lost ground today. Feeling like a deflated beach ball

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah. Didn't see that coming at all. Credit to Edgbaston played pva ahead of alder.

Btw. Remember where u were 16 years ago yesterday??! ;)
    A Kos goal tomorrow is needed badly ;) 16 years ago wow thats scary

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Second time I captain Aguero when he gets a bumper score, pity I had to wait almost 6 months since his last big score (4 goals). My own form just like his, great start and end but big dip in between.
    78 (-8) with Sanchez left to play.
    Swansea goal by Montero and Sanchez goal will do tomorrow. Too many have an Arsenal defender to play or even Giroud as captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

84 with Sanchez and possibly Ramsey to play.
    Grand.

A Kos goal tomorrow is needed badly ;) 16 years ago wow thats scary

Sure is. The first game is an anniversary of something else for me so I always marks it's passing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Sanchez captain. Scary afternoon today.

At least I had Silva:D

64 points and a huge drop down to 3461:mad:

My team overall did really well, but not captaining Aguero was a mistake.

Sanchez(c), Ospina and Giroud left to play tomorrow. There is a good chance I will get back those points this week. Don't expect Sanchez to outscore Kun, but 10 points or more and I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Benteke fail. Transfer fail.
    Kane blank.

PVA 6+ pointer last on my bench. Ah well forgot to take into consideration Everton are on holidays :rolleyes:...

Not a good start despite Schlupp CS. Schmeichel largely outscoring Mignolet is something I didn't see coming when I got him in for GW32. Would have allowed me Kos or Mert in Arsenal defence. I hope I won't have to regret it...
    Was on 14 (-4) from 7 games but only 4 players when I posted that... A moderate drop of 700 positions down to 16.7k. But if I want a top 10k finish can't really afford any fail now.

How a couple of games can change your gameweek :eek:. Terry - Sterling - Silva - Hazard - Agüero (C) see me up to 89 pts (-4) with a 11.6k overall rank. Reduced from 22 to 9 the gap to 10k. With 2 players to go (Sanchez & Bellerin - hopefully Wenger won't rotate any of them 2 -) and a top 10k 9.2 average "Players Played per Team" (from FPL discovery) if things go my way tomorrow I may reduce this gap even more.

Today was an almost perfect day. Aguero (C). Then Silva. His late goal was such a reward from all the faith I kept in him. Same with Agüero. Both repaid me weeks/months of confidence. Then Terry scored. And Chelsea conceded. Such perfection. Perfection would have been absolute if Sterling did bother giving me a little return. He's been such a useless tool for me. And he's using cash and lost me £0.1m (not that it really matters now but still). I should have gone for Henderson. Not only he got more points in the same while but he'd have allowed me even more flexibility in my team (especially regarding Arsenal defence).

Ah well. A great GW so far. Can't really complain for the things that didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

69 from 7 and a gain of 99 places to still be approximately at 16.5k lol.

Thought I'd gain a little more with 69, but there ya go :)

Sanchez, Bellerin, Ramsey to play tomorrow. Mignolet's 2 to sub in for K. Davis

Advertisement