Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOTE NO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Hes obviously winding people up. Probably a teenager. Nobody thinks like this anymore. And ninety year olds usually don't know how to access the internet.
    On a side note id love to meet up for a pint. Preferably in a Gentlemans club where i dont have to tolerate the sight of women holding pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jimdublin15

ibstar wrote: »
    I'm voting No, but not for religious reasons since I'm an atheist.
    But it saddens me that my vote will be associated with people like OP :/
    People voting Yes ether don't have children and don't know what it's like to raise them or they simply doing it out of guilt because they have a friend/relative who's gay.
    I have colleagues who are gay with whom I get along fine and maintain professional relationship and can rely on in work, but that doesn't give me enough reasons to trust homosexual couples raising children they were never meant to have naturally.

Yes they can already adopt which is wrong imo, but ones the legislation passes (which unfortunately it will from what I'm observing), this will relax the rules towards adoption even more.

This country has enough problems with it's pedophile priests, now we're going to hear even more cases of domestic abuse, ether sexual or physical, because these so called same sex "parents", I repeat SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO ADOPT KIDS BECAUSE IT'S NOT NATURAL. I'm an atheist so no religious bias here. Just simple nature and biology.

I'm not against gay relationships, I'm just firmly and strongly against them having children.

Your entitled to your thoughts and views, and of course to vote as you please I respect your entitled to this. However I do disagree.

Many Gay people already do have kids be that one is the biological parent or both the biological parent this already happens and will continue thanks to nature...Think. I also sure some will adopt. This will continue, no matter how anyone votes they will have kids and live their lives. Some will have a longer road to travel to have kids than other gay parents but voting “No” as you suggested to stop gay household and/or gay parents sound slightly delusional to me.
    I'm not against gay relationships, I'm just firmly and strongly against them having children.

Do you really think that you have any say whether or not Gay people can have kids by voting no on the a Marriage referendum ? Sorry you don’t, and I'm sorry to upset you but you never will. My reproductive system is my own and so is how i choose to use it.

Gay households, be that with two Gay people or single Gay persons with kids biological parents or even adopted with kids will continue as we did before the 22nd of May no matter what way the vote goes.

Please vote as you wish, just don't think it will change gay parents as we simply do not need anyones permission and never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Wang King wrote: »
    Any teachings of Jesus to show where he condemned homosexuality?

Show me where He ever contradicted the Father

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'll be voting yes. I'm not getting behind any yes or no campaign because I think it's wrong to try and coerce people into voting one way or another through emotional manipulation. I'm simply voting yes because I feel it is the right thing to do.

Which is a large part of the problem that is being rectified (all to o slowly mind)

we wouldnt even have a country if it wasnt for the catholic church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

macker33 wrote: »
    God didnt, man did

And to think it all started with the theft of an apple.

Seriously? Hows That?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This country was here before the Catholic Church?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I'm voting No, but not for religious reasons since I'm an atheist.
    But it saddens me that my vote will be associated with people like OP :/
    People voting Yes ether don't have children and don't know what it's like to raise them or they simply doing it out of guilt because they have a friend/relative who's gay.
    I have colleagues who are gay with whom I get along fine and maintain professional relationship and can rely on in work, but that doesn't give me enough reasons to trust homosexual couples raising children they were never meant to have naturally.

Yes they can already adopt which is wrong imo, but ones the legislation passes (which unfortunately it will from what I'm observing), this will relax the rules towards adoption even more.

This country has enough problems with it's pedophile priests, now we're going to hear even more cases of domestic abuse, ether sexual or physical, because these so called same sex "parents", I repeat SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO ADOPT KIDS BECAUSE IT'S NOT NATURAL. I'm an atheist so no religious bias here. Just simple nature and biology.

Sorry to break it to you, but voting no isn't what will have you associated with the OP, it's your incredibly ignorant views. In fact, the OP is clearly a troll, or simply lacking a functioning brain cell, whereas your post seems genuine. Therefore your post is far more offensive in my eyes than anything else posted in this thread.

macker33 wrote:

What makes you say that? I'm just curious.

• Advertisement

You must not know many women.

how do you figure?
    i'm pretty sure you must have something written down on a piece of paper somewhere about what women are like.

Dude, what magazines tell you and real life are two different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Macker, I presume you'll never have children?

I'm gonna assume that because gay men rape little boys, you wont take the risk of having a child of the opposite sex, because you wont be able to control yourself, and will repeatedly rape them?

It's really not
    really it was

macker33 wrote:

What the bible tells you and real life are two different things

Macker, I presume you'll never have children?

I'm gonna assume that because gay men rape little boys, you wont take the risk of having a child of the opposite sex, because you wont be able to control yourself, and will repeatedly rape them?

Macker's children are seen and not heard. And the woman minds them whilst hes taking the sixty mile walk to work.

how do you figure?
    i'm pretty sure you must have something written down on a piece of paper somewhere about what women are like.

Men and women are the generally more or less the same with their sexual desires. Everyone loves sex. Even sneaky finger in the bum sex.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Have they really said that? Any chance you could provide a link to the press release? I would be very interest to see it, it would be the first time a thought has been criminalised as far as i am aware.

The government hasnt thought that far ahead, its called not considering the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

how do you figure?

Woman will try anal. From my experience, they even bring it up first.;)

really it was

Females get abused as well.

The government hasnt thought that far ahead, its called not considering the consequences.

Bloody free staters!

• Advertisement

Still no answer to the issue. Just joking waffling around the issue. Many of the same arguments were brought up by racist groups to tell people how interracial relationships are wrong and ungodly etc and shouldn't be allowed. The world would end and other crap.

So not only are those voting no akin to racists, but the only argument they put forward is that the world will end.

You make the OP sound rational!

To everyone who thinks it is only the no side that get hysterical, please read this posters efforts. It's mad stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

macker33

With all your b****** about voting no because of the church maybe you would like to revisit the time when the church would take "illegitimate" children from their biological mothers how can you say that these children were passed on to safe homes?

Seeing as you blame pedopheila on homosexuals.

Shock horror. I will always carry a cross to bed with me, but I stick it in a comdom so it's protected.
    Don't even get me started on what I use rosary beads for. They are sterilised in holy water.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

Men and women are the generally more or less the same with their sexual desires. Everyone loves sex. Even sneaky finger in the bum sex.

I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong thread. I was looking for the anti-gay marriage thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

So not only are those voting no akin to racists, but the only argument they put forward is that the world will end.

To everyone who thinks it is only the no side that get hysterical, please read this posters efforts. It's mad stuff!

Why are you voting no?

222233 wrote: »
    macker33

With all your b****** about voting no because of the church maybe you would like to revisit the time when the church would take "illegitimate" children from their biological mothers how can you say that these children were passed on to safe homes?

Seeing as you blame pedopheila on homosexuals.

Eh! He hasn't left that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Show me where He ever contradicted the Father

So that's a no then, grand, glad we got that sorted at least!

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

I think we can all agree that everyone is a bit bisexual.

I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong thread. I was looking for the anti-gay marriage thread.

Totes awks bbz. This isn't the anti gay marriage thread anyway.

We work hard, we play hard. Some one grab the pillow, I'm going in dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There hasnt been a decent argument put forward yet that doesnt boil down to much more than "because they're gay"

By all means though, on you go. The floor is yours...............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement