Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOTE NO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

macker33 wrote: »
    Thats whats going to happen if gays are allowed to marry, marriage will be so devalued people wont see the value of it anymore.
    The only people getting married will be gays.

Marriage is devalued anyway. Enough straight couples did that

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Wang King wrote: »
    Again, it's not your sexual proclivities I was alluding to, but do carry on.
    well what other things can you do with a rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Hey sympathy addict, disagreeing with gays isnt a crime, dont make it out to be one

Neither is being a dumbfück but .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

RiseToMe wrote: »
    OK despite having tried dialogue with this poster off thread to point out that I was speaking of gender ROLES not gender and asking them to remove this accusation it has proved fruitless.

For anybody who thinks I may be transphobic, i would like to point out that I am not, in any way, transphobic. Quite the very opposite. If I offended any people I apologise, it was gender ROLES I was referring to.

For those of you who doubt that, feel free to pm me and I will clarify my exact position.

I asked the mod to edit it, as a new user I can't edit the post, I hope this is satisfactory to you and you threat of litigation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

gravehold wrote: »
    I have been asked to edit this or remove it by a user, as a new user I cannot edit posts can a mod edit it cause they threatend to sue it it stays up even after I told them I am unable to edit posts

Ignore the muppet and report the pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

2edgy4me

I have been asked to edit this or remove it by a user, as a new user I cannot edit posts can a mod edit it cause they threatend to sue it it stays up even after I told them I am unable to edit posts

Hahaha threatened to sue. Lol

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    As a gay man I just want to say thank you, it means a lot

Took longer than i thought but the first gay circlejerk has got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Windowsnut

Hey sympathy addict, disagreeing with gays isnt a crime, dont make it out to be one

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I ask as a straight person myself, why do you give a ****e whether gay people can marry or not? How does it affect or have anything to do with you?

Did your parents ever tell you to mind your business?

Or are you really one of those gay people who loathes / hates themselves, you know, despises himself/herself for who you really are instead of living up to being a half decent human being?

OR are you REALLY one of those gays that likes to hide in the woods /alleys and have relations with every thing and anything that comes your way??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I am leaning towards voting no.

But when I read efforts like that, I then wonder. I just don't want to be guilty by association.

True, but one side is as bad as the other as far as I can see. It's divisive and I'd guess that a lot of people won't be inclined to vote at all.

Educate yourself on something before trying to knock it.
    Christians arent bound by the jewish Laws, such as mixed fabrics, menstruating women etc
    Thats convenient. Agreeing with the bits of the bible that you want, to suit your own agenda. Leaves you free to hate gay people without any of the restrictions on your life like having to stone your son for disobedience etc. Unless hes gay, then maybe stone him a bit? Or how does that work?

How about the question of murder? Is it a sin?

You can be the soggy biscuit

if you have kids or going to have kids at some stage ,i ask that you reconsider your views before your destroy their childhood

You hit the nail on the head, consider the children first and dont impose sexual politics on your 5 year old,
    because sexual politics sexualises.

I see ibstar is still reading the thread (thanking posts) but doesnt feel able to answer the posts that showed his to be wrong. How brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I asked the mod to edit it, as a new user I can't edit the post, I hope this is satisfactory to you and you threat of litigation

Report the pm to an admin. Its a site bannable offence to threaten legal action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I originally only had 1 reason to vote yes...its a civil right.But after reading this thread I'd also vote yes just to pi$$ of the bigots and zombie worshippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

How are things back in the 1920's Macker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Report the pm to an admin. Its a site bannable offence to threaten legal action.

Thanks done, I could not comply with their request as boards doesn't allow me to edit posts as my account is too new so was unsure what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

How about the question of murder? Is it a sin?

From what point of view? In times of war, murder is approved by the nations and societies involved. If that's your compass, no murder isn't always a sin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Paedophile priests are what happens when gays become priests, correct me if i'm wrong but most of the abuse was male on male.
    Yeah, gays didnt mess things up there at all.
    And now you want gays to be able to adopt, i'm not being funny but would you trust your kids with a gay, i certainly wouldnt.

There was never a suggestion of them being gay actually, the church were so sexist that girls were not allowed to alter serve etc so there were no girls "available"...
    Your homophobia is disgusting

Dunford wrote: »
    what a vile post and attitude. seek help my friend.

Anyone who puts their faith in a group of child rapists and imaginary friends has no right to preach to us.

And also. who the hell gives you people the right to stick your bigoted nose into the affairs of other people? its none of your dam business if a person is gay or not.

Right, blame the whole catholic church because of a few gay priests.

Things become my business as soon as they are forced across my line of sight,
    You think i way gay values promoted into my front room by shows like emmerdale farm and coronation street?
    Children are sitting in front of the telly and two guys start kissing and they are told by the show that its perfectly ok, Do parents get a say at all?

All this so called abuse gays supposidly get, how would somebody know if they were gay unless they were broadcasting it.
    Gays look for it so they can feed off the sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Windowsnut

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89695899

legalise prostitution macker33??

Isn't that a sin too? degenerate scum

BarryD wrote: »
    From what point of view? In times of war, murder is approved by the nations and societies involved. If that's your compass, no murder isn't always a sin.

From the point of view of murder thats punishable in the courts in Ireland.

If god doesnt like gays, why create gayness?

God didnt, man did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

i think this thread has to be a wind up, surely there is no one who is genuinely this uniformed and psychopathically religious left in ireland ...

Who might you be referring to?

Hes talking about the gay priests

Things become my business as soon as they are forced across my line of sight,
    You think i way gay values promoted into my front room by shows like emmerdale farm and coronation street?
    Children are sitting in front of the telly and two guys start kissing and they are told by the show that its perfectly ok, Do parents get a say at all?

All this so called abuse gays supposidly get, how would somebody know if they were gay unless they were broadcasting it.
    Gays look for it so they can feed off the sympathy.

You're blaming all the gay population on a children being abused by straights/gays.

Ah I see your troll has become undone. The lols were had.

What can we blame them on thats the whole organisations fault so? Living in a big gold palace while purporting to be about helping the poor? Running a system of "workhouses" where women werent allowed to leave, had their children taken from them and sold.

Was that " a few gay priests " too? Were the nuns gay priests?

• Advertisement

Is murder a sin?
    of course

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement