Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOTE NO

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

macker33 wrote: »
    Call it what you want but dont call it love

Same could be said of you

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Thats not answering any of the points. I believe thats called deflection. Is it ok to abuse people as long as their parents sent them to you?

Is it the womens parents fault Rome has so much wealth while people are poor too?

You arent actually trying to push the point that the catholic church is bad are you?
    If it was the other way around and i was talking about gays i would be accused of hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Call it what you want but dont call it love

Who are you to define love.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I'm preaching hate? what exactly did i say? or is disagreeing with gays hate speech now?

In my view, yes you are preaching hate.

Denying any person the same equal status as others, is segregating them from society. That in itself is a hateful act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

In my view, yes you are preaching hate.

Denying any person the same equal status as others, is segregating them from society. That in itself is a hateful act.

the HRC don't agree though

• Advertisement

gravehold wrote: »
    The yes vote is the larger group in this referendum
    its the stupider more gullible group in this referendum

Your family disowning you is worse than being beaten or raped, having your children take away and sold, being used as slave labour?

Thats a weird table of sin ranking you have there.

Its called knowing the difference between the value of something and the price of something.

you do know that little girls were abused also?
    are you really that ignorant?

Look, youve just entered polemics and i have no interest in polemics

You arent actually trying to push the point that the catholic church is bad are you?
    If it was the other way around and i was talking about gays i would be accused of hate speech.

AfxU19h.jpg

If posting facts is hate speech, how does that reflect on the perpetrators of the facts?

Only gay priests hit children did they? What about the other stuff?

Theres more to abuse than anal rape.

I'm actually glad you made that point

• Advertisement

Its called knowing the difference between the value of something and the price of something.

Whats the value of being raped? Of having your children taken and sold?

What value does a starving child get from the popes palace?

OK, bored with this thread now.

Dont forget to do the right thing, forget your own agenda, vote no

OK, bored with this thread now.

Dont forget to do the right thing, forget your own agenda, vote no

Ran out of a lack of answers did we? Aw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

gravehold wrote: »
    A hetrophobe on lgbt suggested that last week as he didn't like straight people around him cause they made him uncomfortable

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95320846
    So what?
    There's a difference between being discomfort and discrimination.
    I know a couple of people who are openly uncomfortable around gay people, yet stongly object to the notion of discriminating against them, and will most certinly vote yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

yeah, the gay ones, dont think straight priests did anything
    Is this a tactic where you say utterly outrageous things so that people arguing against you become emotive and less coherent?
    Research on pædophilia in general shows a majority of abusers identify themselves as heterosexual,[263][264] and the Causes and Context Study of the John Jay Institute found no statistical support for linking homosexual identity and sexual abuse of minors.[256] Additionally The New York Times reported "the abuse decreased as more gay priests began serving the church."[265]

--wikipedia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

The Father called it an abomination, either saint peter or paul did likewise.
    Copyleft isnt going to be much of a defence and it certainly isnt justification.

So i guess its no win for you.

Can you show me where your father said it, and please not the word of man...you can't...and you know why? The bible is the word of man, you just try to twist your holy book to suit your own warped thinkings. Many parallels can be drawn between your use of the bible, and Isis use of the qu'aran

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

I see ibstar is still reading the thread (thanking posts) but doesnt feel able to answer the posts that showed his to be wrong. How brave.

I'm reading, but this topic is like arguing about religion with a Muslim. It's pointless and you'll always be called a bigot or in this case homophobic.

Amen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod: Well that escalated quickly. OP has indicated that he no longer wishes to participate in the thread. I'm going to look through the reported posts to see if any warrant moderator action. Can't even do a spot of saturday morning gardening in peace mumble mumble....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement