Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Male Privilege

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Well we can build submarines, we have built hotels underwater, we have oxyfen tanks for breathing for scuba.

It's very hard to argue that animals have more privalkge than we do. The only time I have heard someone argue this was then they were jealous that their dog didn't have to go to work. This however is not true for many dogs.

:) I'd say it's impossible to argue. For all we know a dog offered the opportunity to become human would say "NO WAY!" and chase you down the street before being distracted by a tree.

That's a problem with this idea of "white male privilege".

Does everyone in society wish they could be a white male? If not, why not?

Would everyone in society be automatically better off if they became white and male? If not, why not?

There are people out there living spectacularly successful lives and some of those people are not white and not male. There are people out there who have miserable lives and some of those people are white and male. So surely we have to consider whether or not this concept of "white male privilege" reflects reality?

It's easy to look at the number of male CEOs and say "Look! Men have all the advantages and privilege, get more women in there!" In a lot of ways I agree that we do need to see more women in the top level positions in society.

At the same time though, where is the campaign to make sure we have more female garbage collectors? Why is there no campaign to make sure that the % of female coal miners is increased? Maybe lets get some of these guys out of coal mining and into teaching and get some of these girls out of the classroom and into the mines. Right?

Surely, it's very hard to argue that one diverse group (white men are not all identical) has more privilege than another, equally diverse, group?

People are still doing this because its easier to define reality when you say "Group A is like this and Group B is like that because of Reason Y" than it is when you say "there are literally millions of variables at play here and you'll never ever be able to understand every interaction".

It seems to me that these catchy phrases such as "white male privilege" exist to create a very simplified, and probably incorrect, understanding of the real world because this simple version of "reality" is much easier to understand and believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

orubiru wrote: »
    :) I'd say it's impossible to argue. For all we know a dog offered the opportunity to become human would say "NO WAY!" and chase you down the street before being distracted by a tree.

Would everyone in society be automatically better off if they became white and male? If not, why not?

There are people out there living spectacularly successful lives and some of those people are not white and not male. There are people out there who have miserable lives and some of those people are white and male. So surely we have to consider whether or not this concept of "white male privilege" reflects reality?

It's easy to look at the number of male CEOs and say "Look! Men have all the advantages and privilege, get more women in there!" In a lot of ways I agree that we do need to see more women in the top level positions in society.

At the same time though, where is the campaign to make sure we have more female garbage collectors? Why is there no campaign to make sure that the % of female coal miners is increased? Maybe lets get some of these guys out of coal mining and into teaching and get some of these girls out of the classroom and into the mines. Right?

Surely, it's very hard to argue that one diverse group (white men are not all identical) has more privilege than another, equally diverse, group?

People are still doing this because its easier to define reality when you say "Group A is like this and Group B is like that because of Reason Y" than it is when you say "there are literally millions of variables at play here and you'll never ever be able to understand every interaction".

It seems to me that these catchy phrases such as "white male privilege" exist to create a very simplified, and probably incorrect, understanding of the real world because this simple version of "reality" is much easier to understand and believe.

Also it's very easy for white woman to become white men if they so please.

No it had nothing to do with eggs.

How many humans can afford egg freezing and surrogacy? That is all financial privalege, if it even works, which is doubtful most of the time. We covered this already, try to keep up.

Yes. It is financial privilege.

If we take the "fish privilege" example then fish can breathe underwater but humans can call upon "intelligence privilege" to design a submarine and some of those humans can then use "education privilege" to learn how to engineer and build that submarine and then they can use "financial privilege" to pay for the materials to create the submarine.

Then we need someone with "submarine pilot" privilege to get in the submarine and finally get down there under the water.

Then we could look at the race and gender of our Imaginary Submarine Pilot.

Uh oh. The Imaginary Submarine Pilot is a white male!

Um, I think I've just proved that Imaginary White Male Submarine Pilot Privilege exists?

Maybe we can agree that if white male privilege is a thing then white female privilege is also a thing and we live in a world where a few million different privileges interact and intersect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

True, but I think some things are hard to deny, like you have a much greater chance of getting shot by cops in the US if you are black male, for example.

Or you will have a much harder time getting hired if you are visibly pregnant. This would be particular to women. And please don;t come back with mushy wushy feelings of bonding blah blah blah to counter this because it cannot compensate for having no money nor can biological risks associated with pregnancy or childbirth be denied.

It is silly however, to look at race and gender without also considering economic status and its mobility.

However I am not a marxist and I don;t believe for one second that we are all social constructs. I do believe mother nature wants what she wants and will do whatever she needs to do amorally and ruthlessly, and it's up to us ti either collaborate, or accept the realities of this and then deal with it.

Also, I don't believe for one second that any of those bunnies actually sleep with Hugh Heffner, and if they do, they cheat on him and he probably doesn't care, as long as they are in the photos and the myth sustains. HUgh Heffner made his fortune off of legitimizing male vanity,and he did this by putting pictures of naked women in Playboy so people knew without debate this was not a magazine for gay men.

True, but I think some things are hard to deny, like you have a much greater chance of getting shot by cops in the US if you are black male, for example.

Or you will have a much harder time getting hired if you are visibly pregnant. This would be particular to women. And please don;t come back with mushy wushy feelings of bonding blah blah blah to counter this because it cannot compensate for having no money nor can biological risks associated with pregnancy or childbirth be denied.

It is silly however, to look at race and gender without also considering economic status and its mobility.

However I am not a marxist and I don;t believe for one second that we are all social constructs. I do believe mother nature wants what she wants and will do whatever she needs to do amorally and ruthlessly, and it's up to us ti either collaborate, or accept the realities of this and then deal with it.

I totally agree with this but I think that the reasons are much deeper than what appears on the surface.

I think that there are elements within our society that encourage us to look at trends (such as the pay gap between men and women) and come to the most simplistic conclusions.

Obviously there are risks involved with childbirth and I think it would be pretty dishonest if I were to try to argue that there were no risks. However, I don't think that we can say that, because men are not directly exposed to those risks, this means there is some kind of "male privilege" there.

• Advertisement

I totally agree with this but I think that the reasons are much deeper than what appears on the surface.

I think that there are elements within our society that encourage us to look at trends (such as the pay gap between men and women) and come to the most simplistic conclusions.

Obviously there are risks involved with childbirth and I think it would be pretty dishonest if I were to try to argue that there were no risks. However, I don't think that we can say that, because men are not directly exposed to those risks, this means there is some kind of "male privilege" there.

Well they do in that they have less responsibility over the pregnancy and birth itself, in fact they have none. He might feel a responsibility if he cares for the survival of his young, but that is subjective. So yeah you could look at that as a privalege. A man will never have to worry about that or all of its consequences, expenses, biological pitfalls, etc. But then they will never give birth...but then neither of the 30% of women who have c sections will either or those who have abortions or those who don't conceive in the first place. So it could be argued that they can enjoy and benefit from the spreading of their seed, without the burdens and responsibilities or risks of carrying it. And they can do this as often as they want. It's not like they run out of sperm. Its a cheap and easily distributed material. At the same time this advantage, was historically used to reason them into the disadvantage of war....at least up to the age of 35. The old men don't want old men doing the fighting.... they don't mind the young doing the dying though. It allows old patriarchs to secure the spoils of war, kill of other men's progeny and reduce competition for women.

So a woman drops one egg a month lets say...and you as a man produce countless amounts of genetic material in that same month. That makes her reproductive value way higher than yours.... but only for a limited time until she hits menopause. Men have no such limits because nature still needs this cheap and mass produced material.

Male sperm swim faster but die sooner. I said earlier in this thread there is a lot of cake and eating it mentality going on in it, the gods always exact a price for whatever advantage they grant you.

Are the young privaleged because they don't get arthritis? Or are the old just biologically disadvantaged....

You have to think about what privalage means in the first place and how it differs from a right. It should not be a privalaedge to not be shot by a cop. That should be pretty standard, but does one injustice to one group mean the other one is privaleges.

Their responsibility starts at birth, and then at least legally speaking, it's purely financial and even then .....there are times when that is a de jure and not a de facto responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

NI24 wrote: »
    No it hasn't. Privilege based on society, economy, and everything else that you've mentioned is completely fluid, and completely dependent on culture. Biology is not fluid. Yet.

Is male biology an advantage and therefore a privelege though?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/555221_2
    Men are biologically and sociologically at a disadvantage from the time they’re conceived to the time they die,” says Marianne Legato, MD, professor emerita of clinical medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and founder and director of the Foundation for Gender-Specific Medicine. Here’s why:
    Females are tougher in utero

Two and a half as many boys are conceived as girls, Dr. Legato says, but they’re so much more likely to succumb to prenatal infection or other issues in the womb that by the time they’re born, the ratio is close to one to one. “They’re also slower to develop physically than girls prenatally, which means they’re more likely to die if they are preemies due to underdeveloped lung or brain development,” Dr. Legato explains.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-22528388
    Women live longer than men partly because their immune systems age more slowly, a study suggests.

Our findings indicate that the slower rate of decline in these immunological parameters in women than that in men is consistent with the fact that women live longer than do men

Can you definitevely say men have a biological privelege over women? Like most things in life its more a case of a trade off. Men endure less suffering from fertility but they are more likely to die in the womb before they even get a chance at life and then they are also more likely to die younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I really hope that this is the last nail in this ridiculous argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The whole pay gap myth was started by social markists. So when moderates jump on the band wagon they seem to forget the consequences of direct action.

Men on average work more overtime and women work in more part time jobs.
    They think decreasing this pay gap will increase pay for women but realistically it would mean bussinesses would push more women to do overtime and reject three day weeks. So it will limit certain womens options.

Maguined wrote: »

Can you definitevely say men have a biological privelege over women? Like most things in life its more a case of a trade off. Men endure less suffering from fertility but they are more likely to die in the womb before they even get a chance at life and then they are also more likely to die younger.

I think your data here is debatable.

More boys are born than girls, but only slightly so and female mortality exceeds male mortality in the womb.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/30/396384911/why-are-more-baby-boys-born-than-girls

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/16/E2102

This is in the US and Canada, not in places where they commit infanticide and abort females.

All in all I would say that males do have privaledge, but that same privaledge has been used to exploit them in specific contexts, like military action.

AS for lifespan, female lifespans have been dropping. But surely lifespan has to do with class, education level, and lifestyle as much as it does gender?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11507678/Alarm-over-sudden-drop-in-female-life-expectancy.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/10/us-women-are-dying-younger-than-their-mothers-and-no-one-knows-why/280259/

• Advertisement

Across all areas women live longer than men on average.

How is it a privilege to men if slightly more men are born?

I was disputing the data presented by Maguined.

Do you have recent data to support what you are saying about female lifespans?

ww.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2014/world-health-statistics-2014/en/

In high income countries men live until 76 and women 82 on average, in low income countries men live until 60 and women 63 on average.

The link doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭NI24

Maguined wrote: »

If men die in the womb, then they are not living. I'm talking about living breathing men (or boys). You aren't seriously considering fetuses in this discussion, are you? And someone mentioned that testosterone weakens the immune system right? Well, estrogen weakens the body. If women took the same physical risks that men do, they would have a higher mortality rate than men. So men's bodies have weaker immune systems, and women's bodies are more fragile. So not only do women endure for their fertility, they endure for their bodies overall. Men do not, as far as I know, have to endure in any way for their fertility--it's really just a pleasure trip, and yes, I consider that a privilege.

And no, Maguined, no person on Earth can definitively say that men have privilege, however, looking back over time, throughout different societies, the idea of "chivalry" has always existed. Why would this concept even exist if most people didn't secretly believe that men are more privileged? That men are inherently immune from things that women are not?

I really hope that this is the last nail in this ridiculous argument.
    Ridiculous to you, because you seem to have the need to have the last word on everything. Ridiculous to you because you never want to admit that men have it easier than women, even in a feminist society. Ridiculous to you, and yet, you keep coming back over and over and over again. It was like pulling teeth to get you to admit that men to do not have to endure for their fertility and you only admitted it because it is a physical phenomenon that can't be denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

And no, Maguined, no person on Earth can definitively say that men have privilege, however, looking back over time, throughout different societies, the idea of "chivalry" has always existed. Why would this concept even exist if most people didn't secretly believe that men are more privileged? That men are inherently immune from things that women are not?
    You've mentioned chivalry a few times now. I'm not sure you actually understand the meaning, use or origin of that term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivalry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Ridiculous to you, because you seem to have the need to have the last word on everything. Ridiculous to you because you never want to admit that men have it easier than women, even in a feminist society. Ridiculous to you, and yet, you keep coming back over and over and over again. It was like pulling teeth to get you to admit that men to do not have to endure for their fertility and you only admitted it because it is a physical phenomenon that can't be denied.

I am a trans woman, no reproduction options since reproduction is so important to you and can say men don't have it easier then women in life. As middle class man then middle class woman life is preety much the same.

Men don't have it easier, but it's actually quite easy to change gender if you think men have it so great

tritium wrote: »
    You've mentioned chivalry a few times now. I'm not sure you actually understand the meaning, use or origin of that term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivalry
    Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about--men holding chairs out for women, men opening doors for women, men helping women with their coats, etc. Why doesn't the reverse exist for men?

gravehold wrote: »
    I am a trans woman, no reproduction options since reproduction is so important to you and can say men don't have it easier then women in life. As middle class man then middle class woman life is preety much the same.

Men don't have it easier, but it's actually quite easy to change gender if you think men have it so great

What does that mean...you used to be a man or the other way around?

Can you get pregnant? Menopause? WIll you need HRT?

How easy is it? How expensive is it? YOu don't struggle socially? It's as easy as pie? So there's no social persecution either?

If men die in the womb, then they are not living. I'm talking about living breathing men (or boys). You aren't seriously considering fetuses in this discussion, are you?
    Why not? Did someone decide that fetuses, pre-partum, can be excluded for some reason? Other than you, that is.
    Ridiculous to you, because you seem to have the need to have the last word on everything.
    No, because the very premise of your logic is rediculous; One gender has an advantage over another in one specific area, ergo it is privledged. I and others have questioned this repeatedly and your response has been to ignore this challenge.
    Ridiculous to you because you never want to admit that men have it easier than women, even in a feminist society.
    Well that's bollocks. When have I done this? Men have it easier in some things and women in others. See, not that difficult.
    Ridiculous to you, and yet, you keep coming back over and over and over again. It was like pulling teeth to get you to admit that men to do not have to endure for their fertility and you only admitted it because it is a physical phenomenon that can't be denied.
    Admitted what exactly. Please show me what I admitted as I think you may be hallucinating at this stage.

Anyhow, are you going to respond to the challenge against your overarching logic or just continue avoiding it?

Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about--men holding chairs out for women, men opening doors for women, men helping women with their coats, etc. Why doesn't the reverse exist for men?

Chivalry is also read as control and a series of codes which regulates permissions.

The use of protection is also exploited to control, as we can see from national security, just as an example.

So the door holding....it was also a case a woman could not enter a room until she had permission to do that, and the opening of the door was not so much to help her, but to block her unless clearly specified.

There is also a convincing argument that conventional courtship rituals give men the advantage in all sorts of areas of life, including rehearsal for risk taking, handling rejection, and getting around obstacles, competition, not to mention the fine art of persuasion.

So when all these social codes are enacted to protect women, protect women from what exactly?

Also Irish men don't do any of that stuff. They don't court either. It's mammy republic.

• Advertisement

Why not? Did someone decide that fetuses, pre-partum, can be excluded for some reason? Other than you, that is.
    If you are actually including unborn children in this discussion, then you're just reaching at this point.
    No, because the very premise of your logic is rediculous; One gender has an advantage over another in one specific area, ergo it is privledged. I and others have questioned this repeatedly and your response has been to ignore this challenge.

Questioned what?!?! I don't even know what the question is!
    Well that's bollocks. When have I done this? Men have it easier in some things and women in others. See, not that difficult.

I meant overall.
    Admitted what exactly. Please show me what I admitted as I think you may be hallucinating at this stage.

That women have to endure for their fertility and men do not.
    Anyhow, are you going to respond to the challenge against your overarching logic or just continue avoiding it?

My logic is that a privilege is a right or an immunity. Anything other than a biological privilege changes over the course of countries and time, so the argument boils down to who has inherent, as in biological, privilege.

Civilary doesnt really need to exist in todays western world but many women still like it. There was a debate about this. Emma Watson a self proclaimed feminist said she liked it. Well of course many women like it. Its preferential treatment.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Civilary doesnt really need to exist in todays western world but many women still like it. There was a debate about this. Emma Watson a self proclaimed feminist said she liked it. Well of course many women like it. Its preferential treatment.

But if men and women are inherently equal, then why does this preferential treatment exist? That's my question.

But if men and women are inherently equal, then why does this preferential treatment exist? That's my question.

It's an old social expectitation that really isn't necessary anymore. There were expected behaviours for both sexes. Second wave feminism fought for equaliy in areas were women were disadvantaged but pretty much ignored areas where they benefited.

It's an old social expectitation that really isn't necessary anymore. There were expected behaviours for both sexes. Second wave feminism faught for equaliy in areas were women were disadvantaged but pretty much ignored areas where they benefited.

http://daily.psychotherapynetworker.org/daily/couples-therapy/cultivating-erotic-intelligence-in-couples-therapy/?mqsc=E3779842&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=Psychotherapy%20Networker%20PN%20Daily&utm_campaign=093014%20Marriage%20Perel

"Ironically, some of America’s best features—the belief in democracy, equality, consensus-building, compromise, fairness, and mutual tolerance—can, when carried too punctiliously into the bedroom, result in very boring sex. Sexual desire doesn’t play by the same rules of good citizenship that maintain peace and contentment in the social relations between partners. Sexual excitement is politically incorrect, often thriving on power plays, role reversals, unfair advantages, imperious demands, seductive manipulations, and subtle cruelties. American couples therapists, shaped by the legacy of egalitarian ideals, often find themselves challenged by these contradictions."

If you are actually including unborn children in this discussion, then you're just reaching at this point.
    I'm asking what gives you the authority to dismiss points in such a cavalier fashion, seemingly whenever those points are inconvenient to your position.
    Questioned what?!?! I don't even know what the question is!
    Then clearly you're not reading. I've asked again in my last post and not for the first time:
    Anyhow, you've been asked already multiple times; if you point to on gender having an advantage of the other in one area, does not mean their privileged.
    I meant overall.
    Which is nonsense - at least from what you have argued.
    That women have to endure for their fertility and men do not.
    But that men might have an advantage in the fertility stakes does not mean that men overall are better off. Don't you get that?
    My logic is that a privilege is a right or an immunity. Anything other than a biological privilege changes over the course of countries and time, so the argument boils down to who has inherent, as in biological, privilege.
    Your logic is opinion. Nothing more. You refuse to accept anything other than biological advantage. But apparently don't accept the difference in mortality rates comparison, despite overwhelming evidence (note, you've not actually supplied any) or that a fetus can be used in a point. You cherry pick what is acceptable, and presume that because you decide the parameters that they must be correct.

They're not. To ascertain an overall 'privilege', you cannot ignore social, legal and other factors. You cannot presume that control over fertility in terms of how long we remain fertile is the most important 'privilege' that eclipses all others. That's just self-opinionated crap.

http://daily.psychotherapynetworker.org/daily/couples-therapy/cultivating-erotic-intelligence-in-couples-therapy/?mqsc=E3779842&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=Psychotherapy%20Networker%20PN%20Daily&utm_campaign=093014%20Marriage%20Perel

"Ironically, some of America’s best features—the belief in democracy, equality, consensus-building, compromise, fairness, and mutual tolerance—can, when carried too punctiliously into the bedroom, result in very boring sex. Sexual desire doesn’t play by the same rules of good citizenship that maintain peace and contentment in the social relations between partners. Sexual excitement is politically incorrect, often thriving on power plays, role reversals, unfair advantages, imperious demands, seductive manipulations, and subtle cruelties. American couples therapists, shaped by the legacy of egalitarian ideals, often find themselves challenged by these contradictions."

Traditional relationships had advantages. There are mixed messages being sent. Women that say they believe in equality but then say they like some traditional things that work in their favour.

Traditional relationships had advantages. There are mixed messages being sent. Women that say they believe in equality but then say they like some traditional things that work in their favour.

Look, when people talk about equality and egalitarianism, I'd wager 95% of the time they don't know what they are talking about. And not all women do talk about wanting equality. Feminists do not equal all women, they are a special interest group who took it upon themselves to speak for half the population.

I'd wager that 95% of the time, they will leave their property to their children or would choose to save their own children over another human, and would certainly asvantage their own blood line over other humans.

I take NO notice of the talk of egalitarianism, because the vast majority of the time, like other ideological pontifications, it is a cover up for more personal needs, wants, agendas etc.

Look, when people talk about equality and egalitarianism, I'd wager 95% of the time they don't know what they are talking about. And not all women do talk about wanting equality. Feminists do not equal all women, they are a special interest group who took it upon themselves to speak for half the population.

I'd wager that 95% of the time, they will leave their property to their children or would choose to save their own children over another human, and would certainly asvantage their own blood line over other humans.

I take NO notice of the talk of egalitarianism, because the vast majority of the time, like other ideological pontifications, it is a cover up for more personal needs, wants, agendas etc.

I didnt say all women. I was refering to the examples I mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

If men die in the womb, then they are not living. I'm talking about living breathing men (or boys). You aren't seriously considering fetuses in this discussion, are you? And someone mentioned that testosterone weakens the immune system right? Well, estrogen weakens the body. If women took the same physical risks that men do, they would have a higher mortality rate than men. So men's bodies have weaker immune systems, and women's bodies are more fragile. So not only do women endure for their fertility, they endure for their bodies overall. Men do not, as far as I know, have to endure in any way for their fertility--it's really just a pleasure trip, and yes, I consider that a privilege.

I was really just offering up the biological reason men seem to die younger, they also seemed to be throwing in details about fetuses as well though Zeffas articles does look to refute that.

Is testosterone not inherently part of male fertility? If you accept that estrogen makes womens bodies weaker is a disadvantage how are you then dismissing men not enduring for their fertility when the hormone that controls it is also the hormone that results in a weaker immune system which is potentially the reason for the shorter life span? Testosterone is also attributed to why men are more aggressive and risk taking.

It's a trade off not one being objectively better than the other. You mentioned biological privilege and I responded to your biological points and you are bringing up chivalry which is not biological but social.

I think your data here is debatable.

More boys are born than girls, but only slightly so and female mortality exceeds male mortality in the womb.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/30/396384911/why-are-more-baby-boys-born-than-girls

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/16/E2102

This is in the US and Canada, not in places where they commit infanticide and abort females.

All in all I would say that males do have privaledge, but that same privaledge has been used to exploit them in specific contexts, like military action.

AS for lifespan, female lifespans have been dropping. But surely lifespan has to do with class, education level, and lifestyle as much as it does gender?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11507678/Alarm-over-sudden-drop-in-female-life-expectancy.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/10/us-women-are-dying-younger-than-their-mothers-and-no-one-knows-why/280259/

Oh completely debatable, I do not believe that women are biologically advantaged over men. I believe neither gender are objectively at an advantage because I believe it is completely subjective. As you say men can be at an advantage by being physically larger and stronger but that ceases to be a privilege when it becomes a disadvantage when it results in you being conscripted to fight a war you wish no part in.

All I am saying is that it is preposterous to suggest men are biologically advantaged when it is completely subjective. I know women that have children that view it as the most important part of their life and feel a closer connection to their child due to pregnancy, in their own words they feel sorry for the partners for being men who do not experience this close connection as they do. I also know women who despise their biology, they never want children and completely hate the hormonal changes their bodies go through and are envious of the male experience. One is not objectively better than the other.

Advertisement