Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergic to Work

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

If You think it's so great, Go quite your job go on the dole receive 188 pw and see how you get on. Any new's on them TD's that were going to live on the dole to prove how easy it is ?

No one gets a free house, No one gets anything other than the entitlements they qualify for. The largest part of the SW budget is Pensions not JSA. Lets have a show of hands who has not taken the child benefit. Or not taken a medical card if they qualify.

No the right people don't get the entitlements they SHOULD qualify for because they are given to the lazy undeserving people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

There are probably 3 types of people on JSA/B

The people who want to work and hate being on the dole.
    The people who would take a job if offered but are happy enough with how things are.
    The people who would rather chew off their limbs than work.

Considering that unemployment was at about 5% and there is something like 20 people per job application (from what I read last anyway) I dont see what cutting the dole will achieve. Would rather see something done to promote job creation for the first 2 groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

As a general aside, I've always considered people who air thoughts like "shur I wouldn't know what to with meself if I wasn't working" to be among the dullest bastards who ever shoe leather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

If You think it's so great, Go quite your job go on the dole receive 188 pw and see how you get on. Any new's on them TD's that were going to live on the dole to prove how easy it is ?

No one gets a free house, No one gets anything other than the entitlements they qualify for. The largest part of the SW budget is Pensions not JSA. Lets have a show of hands who has not taken the child benefit. Or not taken a medical card if they qualify.
    Im sorry but you are wrong about free houses.

I could name ten in my estate who are single mothers with kids and have a free house/apartment, also a few families who don't work but have no problem having a large enough family.

And that word entitled.

You're not entitled to anything in this life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

222233 wrote: »
    No the right people don't get the entitlements they SHOULD qualify for because they are given to the lazy undeserving people

Proof ?

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »

I could name ten in my estate who are single mothers with kids and have a free house/apartment, also a few families who don't work but have no problem having a large enough family.

And that word entitled.

You're not entitled to anything in this life.
    JustTheOne is online now Report Post

Really they own the house/apartment ?

SW call it Entitlements blame them.

Proof ?

Proof, look at any person out working on a low rate of pay, people new to the workforce etc. struggling to afford GP visits, childcare etc..

Draw benefits and they will hand it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Really they own the house/apartment ?

You know exactly what I mean.

What's the difference in them owning it or not once they don't have any payments on the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

looksee wrote:
    But if an accountant is waiting tables he is not unemployed. And if he is in any way employed and has no previous experience in his skill area he will not be eligible for any of the jobbridge type schemes that are the only way of getting that experience. And until the jobbridge comes along he is obliged to be sitting on his backside sending out applications. Waiting tables only qualifies you to wait tables.

Not the tax payers problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

They mean the house isn't literally free, the tenants still have to pay rent.

• Advertisement

Proof, look at any person out working on a low rate of pay, people new to the workforce etc. struggling to afford GP visits, childcare etc..

Draw benefits and they will hand it to you.

Really ? I thought it was the transition in the west to unpaid internships killing off the job market. Testing before they even pay you.

You know exactly what I mean.

What's the difference in them owning it or not once they don't have any payments on the property.

It's not free.

Really ? I thought it was the transition in the west to unpaid internships killing off the job market. Testing before they even pay you.

So your happy to work for everything, so someone else can have that everything handed to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They mean the house isn't literally free, the tenants still have to pay rent.
    sorry but I can never let this old chestnut go....where does their rent money come from?

sorry but I can never let this old chestnut go....where does their rent money come from?

Their sw payment plus rent allowence. Sure try get somewhere in Dublin on Ra.

Better than paying a mortgage for people so, we should all be on the housing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So your happy to work for everything, so someone else can have that everything handed to them?

What a silly question

You make it sound like the only reason people work is so others get stuff for nothing.

Do you think that if people had their welfare payments stopped that it'd somehow mean that you have to work less, or that you'll get paid more as a result?

You must really hate your job to be filled with such bitterness and resentment over having to work at all.

And you're obviously not earning enough if you look at long term unemployed people and think, 'Jaysus, that's the life'. You should look for a raise or find a job that you're actually happy to do.

Better than paying a mortgage for people so, we should all be on the housing list.

What would you do with all the people mugging and committing crime as they have no house or food ? Would you be happy walking around with your Iphone for example ? It would cost way more to employ more police have more jails than paying the SW payment. About 10k for SW about 60k to jail someone for a year, not including court costs lawyers police.

What a silly question

You make it sound like the only reason people work is so others get stuff for nothing.

Do you think that if people had their welfare payments stopped that it'd somehow mean that you have to work less, or that you'll get paid more as a result?

You must really hate your job to be filled with such bitterness and resentment over having to work at all.

I love my job, I love that I paid my way through my education by working, to get a job I love.

It might as well be the only reason have a look at your next tax deductions, cause I aint getting anything in return for my Tax

What would you do with all the people mugging and committing crime as they have no house or food ? Would you be happy walking around with your Iphone for example ? It would cost way more to employ more police have more jails than paying the SW payment. About 10k for SW about 60k to jail someone for a year, not including court costs lawyers police.

I don't own an iPhone, i wouldn't be able to afford one.

Shouldn't be a level of that crime in the first place, people should have morals and they can stay on the housing list, never said they had to come off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Forget the social housing for the next 10 years, as 90,000 people are on it waiting, and little-to-none being built. A person will be waiting for eternity to get housed the way things are now.

I love my job, I love that I paid my way through my education by working, to get a job I love.

It might as well be the only reason have a look at your next tax deductions, cause I aint getting anything in return for my Tax

Says the person with no hint of irony talking about Entitlements..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

With fewer claymants and increase in taxpayer numbers, they would be taxed less or receive better services in return for their tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

If you're a member of society then you are. If you think otherwise then go live in some god forsaken place with no government or taxes and see what your quality of life is.

Shouldn't be a level of that crime in the first place, people should have morals and they can stay on the housing list, never said they had to come off

What would you replace the money in the economy that RA generates ?

Says the person with no hint of irony talking about Entitlements..

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, I don't get anything from the state, never have, but I do think I should be entitled to something in return for my taxes

What would you replace the money in the economy that RA generates ?

Accommodation shortage in Cork for students a lot of the time, no fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

...so the accomodation is free since it's paid for with money that they didn't work for. Obviously I am not including people who have worked, paid their stamps and subsequently lost their jobs in this.

mhge wrote: »
    With fewer claymants and increase in taxpayer numbers, they would be taxed less or receive better services in return for their tax.

We Still talking about Ireland here ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Sorry but if you can't afford a smart phone then it doesn't sound like you pay much tax at all then, if you're on a low wage.

Advertisement