Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Overheal wrote: »
    the-red-hulk-and-spider-man-5-things-we-learned-from-the-leaked-civil-war-trailer-and-p-599597.jpg
    Captain-America-Civil-War-Teams.jpg

what's flying in the background? It shows up in a couple promo images

It's falcons redwing drone which replaces the bird in the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

I think he had a thing on his wrist and it would fly to him in IM3 and AoU.

He did yeah, I think the briefcase was only used in IM2.

Can not wait for this, love Ant Man on Cap's shoulder in the poster, nice little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

crybaby wrote: »
    He did yeah, I think the briefcase was only used in IM2.

Can not wait for this, love Ant Man on Cap's shoulder in the poster, nice little touch.

And on Hawk eyes shoulder in the other poster. Gonna be epic.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah, I didn't even spot him until ye mentioned it there. I re-watched Any man the other night on Netflix and I actually enjoyed it even more then when I first saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

Hawkeye and black widow on opposite sides? Thought they were BFFs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hah, I didn't even spot him until ye mentioned it there. I re-watched Any man the other night on Netflix and I actually enjoyed it even more then when I first saw it.

I have a two year old who watched it with me, when Thomas the Tank engine had a guest appearance, he almost sh1t himself, more so than a 2 yo typically does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

How do people not like IM3? I thought it was brilliant and up there with IM1 for me...the less said about IM2 the better it was shocking.

TWS and the first avengers are the best in the marvel staple in my opinion although I haven't seen Ant Man yet.

Civil War has the potential to be amazing say what you will about Marvel but they know how to make "mostly" good superhero movies

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New trailer being released tomorrow.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/disney-confirms-captain-america-civil-wars-runtime
    Disney confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that "Civil War" will run for 2 hours and 27 minutes. This is just one minute longer than earlier rumors indicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can. Not. Freak. Ing. Wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, genuinely didn't expect that cameo, but I guess they couldn't keep it hidden forever. Looks decent, and hope whatever fallout from this 'war' sticks for a few movies anyway & that not everything goes back to normal by the roll of the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Spiderman
    looked.......weird. It looked very dodgy CGI.

Trailer looked ok. Downey, as good as he has been playing Stark if a little overplayed, doesn't convince me of someone leading a 'war', from the trailers anyway. It is a very, very hard storyline to get right and translate to film I think though so it'll be interesting how they juggle all the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well I wanted one thing from this movie, and I've gotten it.

hawkeyeiconic31-e1433974525665.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Corholio wrote: »
    Spiderman

Looked straight out of a comic book, especially
    the way his eyes move.
    I think it looks great.

Penn wrote: »

Holy. ****. It looks brilliant.

Also the line where Tony says Stay down, final warning, freaking chills.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Oh boy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Well I wasn't expecting that. Disappointed I know about it now, damn my curiosity.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the way his eyes move.
    I think it looks great.

I always got the impression
    his eyes didn't move
    in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Penn wrote: »

Whaaaaat?! I wasn't expecting that at all. Looking forward to see how this all comes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheKevin

Whatever the plot, it will still benefit from more RD Jr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

the way his eyes move.
    I think it looks great.

Have only seen a still image so far (don't really want to watch the trailer) but
    the design looks heavily influenced by Alex Ross and the early comics to me.

http://media.creativebloq.futurecdn.net/sites/creativebloq.com/files/images/2015/01/16/UNI117_legends_page33.jpg

Who funnily enough had these designs turned down by Raimi for the original movie.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113734/3036302-1358479585-spide.jpg

Not to sure about the look, especially the breaks in the web pattern on the arms/legs, but at least it's different.

The eyes are an homage to the 1966 cartoon.

Wasn't the first captain america a load of ****e?

Wasn't the first captain america a load of ****e?

That's your 2 cents..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Corholio wrote: »
    Spiderman

I'm guessing
    the eyes are mechanical (I think there is even a whirring noise) that can allow for zoom or something akin to Iron Man. Maybe even Stark has a hand in Spidey's suit design?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got a shiver down my spine watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Spiderman looks awful. Badly rendered cg and sounds like a 12 year old kid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Effects wrote: »
    Spiderman looks awful. Badly rendered cg and sounds like a 12 year old kid.

This Spider-Man in the marvel universe is meant to be 14.

Loughc wrote: »
    This Spider-Man in the marvel universe is meant to be 14.

I think, and i could be wrong, but in the MCU he's 15..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks like more cheap and lazy mush, I was hoping it would be a big event with way more characters but the shot of the ten of them running at each other on the airport tarmac summed it up, so sick of this boring crap now. The whole setup is fcuking stupid, why would Tony Stark turn on Captain America because of the events of the last few films? What was the alternative? At least in the comic the setup to Civil War had some balls and both sides had their arguments to make after it...

Advertisement