Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Russo's delivered with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I have a feeling they will deliver with Civil War as well... That said their biggest test in my opinion will be Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2 in 2018 & 2019 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

http://www.slashfilm.com/civil-war-ant-man/

Possible spoiler for Ant Man in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

"It's a big movie and it includes a lot of characters," said Joe Russo.

"I think that a lot of them have really interesting arcs.
    I think Spider-Man in particular has a really fascinating arc."

Anthony Russo replied, "Certainly Black Panther, who we introduce. Similarly there, introducing a character gives you a great opportunity to take them on a ride, you know?"

"Vision goes on a journey, as well,"
    added Joe Russo.

http://comicbook.com Spoiler link/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gallery-1455913929-civilwar.jpeg

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    gallery-1455913929-civilwar.jpeg

It's amazing how almost spot on it is to the comic cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's amazing how almost spot on it is to the comic cover.

background.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Is that Deadpool in the pile of bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

crybaby wrote: »

Daredevil Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

crybaby wrote: »

Think the red body front and center is Daredevil (baton on his thigh).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

During an interview with BBC Radio 1, Anthony Mackie -- who plays Falcon in "Civil War" -- namedropped Mark Ruffalo as he praised the film. Ruffalo has not yet been confirmed for the film, but Mackie includes his name in discussing "Civil War's" roster of "really good" actors.

"Having seen the movie, it's Marvel’s best movie thus far," Mackie says at the 17:25 mark. "And I'm being honest -- if a Marvel movie sucks, a movie in the Marvel universe, I'll tell you it sucked... 'Winter Soldier' and 'Iron Man 1' are probably Marvel's two best movies. I feel like beats both of those movies. It's really, really good. Because it's more of an acting movie than an action movie, I feel like the story is very concise and interesting, and you get to see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Scarlett Johannson and Mark Ruffalo and everybody just do really, really good acting. And then there's action in it. The great thing about being in a Marvel movie? They have really good actors. I mean, Don Cheadle is in the Marvel Universe!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/mackie-namedrops-ruffalo-in-captain-america-civil-war-cast-list-discusses-oscar-aspirations

Thats awesome. Wonder if the Hulk will be ripping **** up, or if its just Banner.

Or Hulk could just be the secret weapon, similar to how the Thor clone was in the comics..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

My money is on it being a slip and Hulk isn't showing up. I'd be disappointed if he did as it would kind of take away from his choice at the end of AoU to run away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But that was a choice made by Whedon. And we have seen directors and writers completely disregard previous films plot points when needed.

For example, Bifrost destroyed in Thor. But we need Thor in the avengers. So er.....Odin uses dark energy to send Thor to earth. Yeah, that'll do.

Or Captain America and Black Widow clearly have a thing in Winter soldier. But Whedon wants her with the Hulk so we just ignore all that.

Or how about Tony makes a decision to destroys all his suits in Iron Man 3. But we need him to have suits in future films so we will just ignore all that. No mention of it in Age of Ultron :P

Continuity only counts for so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Martin Freeman confirmed to be playing
    Everett Ross, the State Department official and expert on Wakanda

www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/22/martin-freemans-captain-america-civil-war-character-confirmed/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Of the Avenger stable of films, IMHO, the Cpt America films are the best.

Ranking the 3 tie-ins, best to worst.
    1) Cap
    2) Thor
    3) Iron Man.... by some distance.
    (Iron Man 1 was good, but the other 2 could be the worst of the entire MCU)

would people agree?

So, I will be siding with team Cap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kinda obvious from the end of The Winter Soldier who Grillo would be coming back as :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Of the Avenger stable of films, IMHO, the Cpt America films are the best.

Ranking the 3 tie-ins, best to worst.
    1) Cap
    2) Thor
    3) Iron Man.... by some distance.
    (Iron Man 1 was good, but the other 2 could be the worst of the entire MCU)

would people agree?

So, I will be siding with team Cap. :D

I actually loved IM3. I thought it was brilliant.

All three (Cap, Thor, IM) have had bad films. I agree that Cap edges it for best overall. IM2 vs Thor 2 is a pretty close call imo for worst MCU films Thor 1 probably beats both IM1 & IM3.

So yeah, I'd probably agree with your ranking above, but I think it's a close enough tie for 2nd place with Thor and Iron Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Penn wrote: »
    I actually loved IM3. I thought it was brilliant.

All three (Cap, Thor, IM) have had bad films. I agree that Cap edges it for best overall. IM2 vs Thor 2 is a pretty close call imo for worst MCU films Thor 1 probably beats both IM1 & IM3.

So yeah, I'd probably agree with your ranking above, but I think it's a close enough tie for 2nd place with Thor and Iron Man.

I thought IM3 was possibly the best executed of any of them bar the Winter Soldier, but at it's core it was fairly daft and pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought IM3 was possibly the best executed of any of them bar the Winter Soldier, but at it's core it was fairly daft and pointless.

I thought it was one of the worst, IM2 just edges it out. IM1 was brilliant though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I prefer IM3 over even IM1, I think it's probably the most underrated Marvel movie.

IM3 wasn't so bad.. In a way it foreshadowed Age Of Ultron

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Tefral

So General Ross is in this. Wonder if we will ever see him as the Red Hulk?

cronin_j wrote: »
    So General Ross is in this. Wonder if we will ever see him as the Red Hulk?

Probably not.. Though as clichéd as it is, Never say never..

Also how does Tony's armour work in the film, is it literally apart of him or does he carry it around in a briefcase a la Iron Man 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Could be doing that whole extremis armour thing from the comics, or like flying in through the things in his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also how does Tony's armour work in the film, is it literally apart of him or does he carry it around in a briefcase a la Iron Man 2..

I think he had a thing on his wrist and it would fly to him in IM3 and AoU.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,027 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the-red-hulk-and-spider-man-5-things-we-learned-from-the-leaked-civil-war-trailer-and-p-599597.jpg
    Captain-America-Civil-War-Teams.jpg

what's flying in the background? It shows up in a couple promo images

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,027 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the worst, IM2 just edges it out. IM1 was brilliant though.

well, you're wrong. :o

Advertisement