Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Unrelated to the film but I've read about Marvel's big reveal in the comics in regards to Steve.....There's your plotline for Phase 50. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

Howd ye guys find the movie, I think its the first one where Cap showed his powers in comparison to one of the other Avengers, he always seems to be quiet in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Loved Civil War! I went twice to see it because the first time I saw it, it was on a very small screen.

I have one question though, possibly asked already but Im not going to read back over 30 od pages of posts.

Why didn't Tony take Rhody to Seoul to Dr Cho and stick him in the Cradle. They used it when Barton got a flesh wound. And Vision was created from scratch more or less in it. Surely they could have used it to help Rhody.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SarahBM wrote: »
    Loved Civil War! I went twice to see it because the first time I saw it, it was on a very small screen.

I have one question though, possibly asked already but Im not going to read back over 30 od pages of posts.

Why didn't Tony take Rhody to Seoul to Dr Cho and stick him in the Cradle. They used it when Barton got a flesh wound. And Vision was created from scratch more or less in it. Surely they could have used it to help Rhody.

The cradle could synthesise tissue and flesh. It created Vision mostly out of Vibranium.

What happened to Rhodey was likely more spinal damage and nerve damage. It wouldn't have been able to help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Penn wrote: »
    The cradle could synthesise tissue and flesh. It created Vision mostly out of Vibranium.

What happened to Rhodey was likely more spinal damage and nerve damage. It wouldn't have been able to help him.

Thanks I was just wondering. Im sure they will create some sort of nerve regenerating serum. Tony cured Pepper after all. I would love to know how though. It was very much glossed over. I wonder will we ever see her again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Saw it last weekend, was distinctly underwhelmed with Civil War as a movie.

Yes, the special effects are top notch as you'd expect, but if anything, it was more Avengers 3 or Iron Man 4 rather than Captain Americe 3. It's a movie so dependent on you seeing the other current round of MCU movies, I can't see this movie having much rewatchability.

I liked the Marvel comics as a kid and the crossover storylines worked well for that format, but I don't really like it applied to movies as the MCU is currently doing. Captain America 1 and 2 were much stronger movies because the lead character wasn't competing with everyone else for screen time in what should be his movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just rewatched this on DVD and surprised to hear Spider-Man name check The Empire Strikes Back when taking down Giant Man, am I misremembering or did he just refer to it as "that old movie, set in space" or something along those lines in the theatrical release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

He always said the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Just rewatched this on DVD and surprised to hear Spider-Man name check The Empire Strikes Back when taking down Giant Man, am I misremembering or did he just refer to it as "that old movie, set in space" or something along those lines in the theatrical release.

I think he said "...that old movie, Empire Strikes Back...". Always the way I've remembered it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The missus grabbed this one night, not entirely sure why? Didn't even make it till the end, utter garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The missus grabbed this one night, not entirely sure why? Didn't even make it till the end, utter garbage.

Well.. When you get on a rollercoaster, don't expect Shakespear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You ever see that old movie, the empire strikes back?

Is the line :P

Tom Holland hasn't yet seen the movie, according to the blu ray extra's.

You ever see that old movie, the empire strikes back?

Is the line :P

Tom Holland hasn't yet seen the movie, according to the blu ray extra's.

FFS I don't think that I've ever seen it through and am 35

Advertisement