Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Idiots and festivals are hard to separate! Could be worth putting up some articles about cultural appropriation yourself...

He just said that I have to promise not to say anything because he is going there to relax, not be on edge. Like, ffs. You are not the boss of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tell him you'll go in blackface. When he objects, check mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Tell him you'll go in blackface. When he objects, check mate.

He said "they don't mean any harm" to which I countered "neither did gollywogs".

Your move is next! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I'm about to attend the oddest dinner of my life, and probably one of the funnest!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm about to attend the oddest dinner of my life, and probably one of the funnest!

Do tell!

I love odd dinner stories.

• Advertisement

I was correct on both odd and wonderful. I just had dinner with a guy Im dating, and a girl we're both dating, and a guy she's dating, and three other friends, who are all dating each other.

It was a lot of giggling and fun, but also my first time in that kind of scenario where Im actually part of a dynamic 🙈. Definitely my funnest dinner in ages 🙂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ladies, you're all awesome. Anyone have tips for getting bleach stains out of a (green) tshirt :(

I had literally worn it twice when it got stained and it was not cheap..so been sitting in the wardrobe for 3 months or so now making me feel sad :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Ladies, you're all awesome. Anyone have tips for getting bleach stains out of a (green) tshirt :(

I had literally worn it twice when it got stained and it was not cheap..so been sitting in the wardrobe for 3 months or so now making me feel sad :(

Add a few more splashes and make it a feature?

My instinct was to suggest colouring it in... I don't think I'm much help in this case! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My instinct was to suggest colouring it in... I don't think I'm much help in this case! :D

When I googled it - there was a suggestion for that. Using permanent or material markers. It's an odd colour green though so would say you'd struggle to get a match.
    I've seen suggestions of dabbing vodka on as that will spread the colour from surrounding fabric...but as a non vodka drinker that seems like an expensive way to fix a t-shirt :)
    Suggestion of white vinegar there as well to bleed the surrounding colour onto the stains might try that one. The black permanent marker thing would likely work well on black clothing I'd say.

• Advertisement

Be careful bleedimg it, cos that will just leave it even patchier!

Dear god I want to go home now! The sheer amount of work I have to do just hit me like a tonne of bricks! Way too many projects up in the air at the moment. Tuesday date night is the only thing stopping me from bolting for the door!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 hours sleep last night because it was too fecking hot in my room. Can I crawl under my desk now and have a nap, pretty please?

4 hours sleep last night because it was too fecking hot in my room. Can I crawl under my desk now and have a nap, pretty please?

I say yes... bring a pillow, a duvet and the phone. Be grand.

I justvwanna go home and sleep and pretend that i don't have a mountain of actual work. Instead I've volunteered to cook a girls night dinner :( And Ive a doctors appointment at 7.15am.... this makes me incredibly stupid.

It now looks a lot like I'm just spamming myself and the thread! But it's Friday... we survived the weekend, I'm caffeinated and have slept for all the hours, and Cotton Eyed Joe just came on on my Spotify Playlist.

How are all the other Loungers doing this Friday? Anything fun planned for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I have diddly squat planned for this weekend, no boyf/no friends around for the first weekend in ages. i'm going to sleep in, possibly clean the house and force myself to go back to the gym.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the Eurostar to Brussels at the moment, Diamond League athletics this evening and meeting up with old college friends on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I know not of these "plans" things of which you speak.

Seriously, my life is so boring and dull there is very little to say about it. The most exciting thing I've done all week is go to a spinning class for the first time. It went well, until I lost a pedal during a sprint and found it a second later... buried in my calf. Hello excuse to buy more cycling gear.

I wish I had a more exciting, or even normal life (what is normal anyway?) but c'est la vie.

Exciting is as exciting does. This time last year, the most exciting thing I did on a weekly basis was have an argument or watch a tv show. Now I see people and do stuff in the evenings.

I sometimes do cancel with anxiety, but it's gotten so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm getting my **** together because I'm moving to kuwait to start a new job next week! :)

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm getting my **** together because I'm moving to kuwait to start a new job next week! :)

That sounds incredibly exciting!! Have you worked abroad before? Are you not ****ting it!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mars Bar wrote: »

Oooh! Sounds exciting!

That sounds incredibly exciting!! Have you worked abroad before? Are you not ****ting it!?!

I worked for 7 weeks abroad but that's it. This is new and exciting and absolutely terrifying! It's going to be a huge culture change and the weather is unbelievably hot but I'm working with all westerners so they'll help me get my bearings.
    It's created quite the buzz for some reason. The local newspaper is doing a piece on it!
    Oooh! Sounds exciting!

It is!!

Ive just had to rejig my whole evening 🙈 My date has food poisoning, so its back to the drawing board for tonight and tomorrow!

I'm in college tomorrow :(

I'm having a lie in on Sunday, and I'm going out on my bike on Sunday afternoon. And Sunday evening will be spent correcting homework and planning lessons for Monday, and starting the process all over again! Nobody mentioned actually correcting the homework after setting it!!!

But I'm :):):) exhausted. But :)

Mars bar - any room in your case?

Plenty of space!

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm in college tomorrow :(

I'm having a lie in on Sunday, and I'm going out on my bike on Sunday afternoon. And Sunday evening will be spent correcting homework and planning lessons for Monday, and starting the process all over again! Nobody mentioned actually correcting the homework after setting it!!!

But I'm :):):) exhausted. But :)

Mars bar - any room in your case?
    Loadsa work isn't it!
    The teachers went back to school yesterday, I found it pretty tiring because I am in my new school so lots of information to absorb.
    I was made class mistress of a class of first years so I have to pretend I know all about the school!
    I have a very nice timetable and my own classroom so I am happy with that.

Loadsa work isn't it!
    The teachers went back to school yesterday, I found it pretty tiring because I am in my new school so lots of information to absorb.
    I was made class mistress of a class of first years so I have to pretend I know all about the school!
    I have a very nice timetable and my own classroom so I am happy with that.

An unbelievable amount of work. I set homework and then had to correct it after collecting it :(

But it's all good so far. Enjoying it.

sullivlo wrote: »
    An unbelievable amount of work. I set homework and then had to correct it after collecting it :(

But it's all good so far. Enjoying it.
    If you can read French, you might appreciate this: https://edukactus.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/pre-rentree-un-professeur-debutant-choque-dapprendre-quil-pourrait-avoir-des-eleves/ :D

• Advertisement

I reckon after a few months of teaching I will have enough stories to entertain anyone at any dinner party. Teenagers are absolutely hilarious.

Advertisement