Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Let me be the first to wish everyone...............happy.........thanksgiving:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Let me be the first to wish everyone...............happy.........thanksgiving:D

Everyone to macs for turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Reggie. wrote: »
    Everyone to macs for turkey

Starter of pumpkin pie soup, main course of Corn beef and cabbage with apple pie for dessert.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭BG2.0

Kovu wrote: »
    Yea she means a good bit to me that heifer, got her mother as an 18th birthday present from my parents. I happened to be showing her on my birthday and they surprised me after I walked her out of the ring

I was wondering when the poll is going up to name the calf? We've heard so much about him we all feel abit invested now..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,232 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

BG2.0 wrote: »
    I was wondering when the poll is going up to name the calf? We've heard so much about him we all feel abit invested now..
    pat smith would be a great name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

BG2.0 wrote: »

Ah he's named Noddy already. Odd-Ear and Noddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Spent this afternoon changing the alternator, drive belt and tensioner pulley on a Passat. Worse language than at any IFA meeting.
    What the hell were they thinking when they designed the thing.

On a positive note however, I feel I must be halfway trained as a gynecologist............

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Spent this afternoon changing the alternator, drive belt and tensioner pulley on a Passat. Worse language than at any IFA meeting.

On a positive note however, I feel I must be halfway trained as a gynecologist............
    Well I can guarantee they weren't thinking of you Nek :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,232 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone see any good farming black friday deals, i see glanbia have a sale on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

whelan2 wrote: »
    Anyone see any good farming black friday deals, i see glanbia have a sale on their website?

53* north have a sale on. Wintery clothes. Gotta good pair of welly socks and a Berghaus balaclava for €46.
    Socks were €26 and balaclava was €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

you probably had half the car on the ground at one stage. Audis just as bad I'm told. you'd want the hands of a child to reach some bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Muckit wrote: »
    you probably had half the car on the ground at one stage. Audis just as bad I'm told. you'd want the hands of a child to reach some bits

I have the hands of a child and my gfs 2004 A4 is still a nightmare'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

If it makes you feel any better the timing belt is a front bumper/grill rad and cross member out jobby as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Clear T.B. this morning :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Super value in black Friday Glanbia sale

Midfield9 wrote: »
    Super value in black Friday Glanbia sale

I think they have that backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Muckit wrote: »

Try a Peugeot! I cant't even change the headlight bulbs on mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Zr105 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better the timing belt is a front bumper/grill rad and cross member out jobby as far as I know

No need for the bumper to be taken off in my passat. But it is a four hour Job and a right curse to get at. Right front wheel, sump guard and mud guard taken off. Timing belt, waterpump, tensioner and two idlers have to be replaced while your at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

heading to Kilkenny for the weekend. any good spots to be found?

degetme wrote: »
    heading to Kilkenny for the weekend. any good spots to be found?

Yeah the road out of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

No need for the bumper to be taken off in my passat. But it is a four hour Job and a right curse to get at. Right front wheel, sump guard and mud guard taken off. Timing belt, waterpump, tensioner and two idlers have to be replaced while your at it.

Yeah Darren, but mines a PD model, with the engine running front to back. So entire front comes off for a T Belt. But just to remove the alternator you discover they used a five inch long bolt, but there is only three inches space till you hit the fan hub. Could they not use two short bolts? Then to remove that you have to get an Allen key socket slid in through the base of the alternator bracket and devise a way of holding the rad fan drive hub. You need to remove intercooler piping to get room. Aaargh.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Father has an 03 passat since it was a year old. He still maintins its the best car he has ever owned. Over 250k miles on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Father has an 03 passat since it was a year old. He still maintins its the best car he has ever owned. Over 250k miles on it

Girlfriend bought a 04 high line one a few months back. Lovely car to drive and a weapon to go aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Girlfriend bought a 04 high line one a few months back. Lovely car to drive and a weapon to go aswell.

I have the 130bhp model, it's a great yoke for getting penalty points:(

tanko wrote: »
    I have the 130bhp model, it's a great yoke for getting penalty points:(

Ya she has the same, you wouldn't feel moving along!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

The car or the girlfriend

naughto wrote: »
    The car or the girlfriend

Your sister

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Your sister

I love that response, use it at least once a day at work -screw your sister , bang your sister , nail your siste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bullocks wrote: »
    I love that response, use it at least once a day at work -screw your sister , bang your sister , nail your siste
    Did they get you before you finished posting?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Bullocks wrote: »

And the answer to that is that's not my sister it's my long haired brother ya fairy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement