Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! History HL 2015 ... predictions, guesses and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bryanbryan2

You know both US economy & civil rights came up last year
    Just seems very narrow focus there
    Hope you have few other options learnt just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 6 allenmac

Not questioning you but how do you actually know this.?? It would be fantastic if you right.!!

wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=bjOcgu1DLlw&feature=youtu.be

trusting this fella, hopefully its right. say a few of them will be on it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

You know both US economy & civil rights came up last year
    Just seems very narrow focus there
    Hope you have few other options learnt just in case

What would you recommend I learn so? Just because it came up before in the previous year does not mean it can't come up again, I learnt that the hard way via OL Irish Paper II.

Stick to the foreign policy areas and you should have all basis covered
    Cold War
    Vietnam
    Detente
    Civil rights & mont. Bus .boycott very good too

Domestic factors that affected foreign policy may also be smart choice
    Containment / McCarthyism / Anti War Movement / Assassination JFK / Eisenhower ind.compkex / economi spending on def / etc should cover that area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lexijade

Someone already asked this but nobody answered. If I learn Stalin with show trials and purges and a small bit on economy, how could I use rhat in a communism essay? The Q will throw me. Help

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Lads I'm truly f***ed for history.

I didn't even pick history and ended up doing it and failed my mocks miserably! So nervous for tomorrow and I still haven't learnt anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Domestic factors that affected foreign policy may also be smart choice
    Containment / McCarthyism / Anti War Movement / Assassination JFK / Eisenhower ind.compkex / economi spending on def / etc should cover that area

I'll look into that, thanks! I just never really liked those topics. Would it be too risky with Viet, MBB and economy?

Remember you already should have close to 20% done with your special research topic
    The doc section you should be able to at least achieve 80%
    Then very easy to pass the paper
    Few good questions & a B grade very realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

For Northern Ireland I've Apprentice Boys, Coleraine, welfare state, sunningdale and John Hume done, do you think I'm covered? I hate studying Northern Ireland,it's so extremely boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Really short on time here! If I learned for D + D: hitler's foreign policies, characteristics of nazi state, hitler's economy, propaganda, totalitarian state of Germany and reasons he came into power will I be ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MarkLC2015

LeeLee97 wrote:
    How on earth anyone could write a full essay on Nazi propaganda is beyond me. 700 words max

Are you serious?? It's so easy! You talk about the rallies, the youth , cinema and films, radio and goebbles!

That narrow but should he ok:
    Learn Vietnam in number of ways to cover all possible questions :
    - Why lose war or Why get involved & consequences
    For MBB make sure know how it influenced civil rights era / James Meredith / MLK / little Rock Arkansas / acts to improve race / Malcolm x /

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flange

So for my special/research topic I called mine ''the art of persuasion1: Nazi propaganda and Hitlers rise to power''
    does this mean I basically shot myself in the foot and can't answer any question on hitler.
    My project mainly focussed on the psychology of propaganda, but it did deal with his rise to power.
    I should be fine if only briefly mention propaganda if a Q on hitler does come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 liahiggins

Really aiming for just a pass grade tomorrow (higher level) but was wondering what people think I should study tonight or what do you think is coming up? Im doing 1) Politics and Society in N. Ireland. 2) Dictatorship and Democracy. 3) USA :) (don't even mention Stalin, was out sick for months when they covered him and not even sure who they guy is)

What you did in your Reseach project is completely separate from any question - it's an desperate body if work
    Although that project does seem a touch too general & broad - your teacher must been happy it did not conflict with Hitlers topics on the cousre to allow it

It's a separate body of work sry
    No relation to any course topics

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flange

What you did in your Reseach project is completely separate from any question - it's an desperate body if work
    Although that project does seem a touch too general & broad - your teacher must been happy it did not conflict with Hitlers topics on the cousre to allow it

Well in the mocks, a Q on Nazi propaganda came up, I did it, and my teacher said that if I had done that in the real exam, I would have been crucified.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MarkLC2015 wrote: »
    Are you serious?? It's so easy! You talk about the rallies, the youth , cinema and films, radio and goebbles!
    Not being smart, but given it's tomorrow - Goebbels

Actually, just looking there, Wiki has a pretty good article on Nazi propaganda. I normally wouldn't recommend Wiki to students, but a quick skim might be good revision just in case it comes up, and give some idea as to how you could organise your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Would I be safe in learning Hitlers foreign policy and Stalin + Lenin for D+D tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Would I be safe in learning Hitlers foreign policy and Stalin + Lenin for D+D tomorrow?

I'd say so there is always goinf to be a Stalin question of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Would it be possible for apprentice boys/coleraine university to not come up 2 years in a row ? I'm nearly 95% sure it won't happen, what does everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shanmcg97

What do ye think will come up for political leaders in gov Eco and soc

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Shanmcg97 wrote: »
    What do ye think will come up for political leaders in gov Eco and soc

lamass or haughey IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yourwan

Hi guys would anyone have any notes on the Belfast blitz I have a feeling it may come up to avoid the predictions thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Well, I've done:

D&D: Nazis and Hitler (incl. Rallies), Lenin and Stalin (incl. Show Trials), Mussolini

America: Foreign Policy (incl. Vietnam), Racial Tensions and Moon Landing (incl. Some tech info)

PSNI: Coleraine, Apprentice Boys, Sunningdale (w/ Good Friday), Brookeborough and O'Neill

That section could be a question who handled Anglo Irish relations better
    Fitz or lynch

Lemass overall impact
    Haughey Defo due

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Kinda worried American topic just doesn't really work In my head Im relying on McCarthyism, anti war movement and civil rights movement with Montgomery bus boycott..is tis honestly too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yourwan

Kinda worried American topic just doesn't really work In my head Im relying on McCarthyism, anti war movement and civil rights movement with Montgomery bus boycott..is tis honestly too risky?

Honestly just to be safe I would do the economy and foreign policy and possibly Johnson/Truman but you'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Same, I know Race Relations well, not much else :L.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement