Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! History HL 2015 ... predictions, guesses and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bryanbryan2

What you talking about when you say collapse of concensus ?? Seems very niche & vague question to focus on
    Cuba also is not a question on its own - may come up in Cold War evolution or in comparison with Korea or Berlin
    Cover your bases & don't get stuck on narrow question
    Sample Anglo Treaty Q
    Anglo Irish treaty could come up as 5/6 different questions
    Prepare for a very tough q
    Compare role of de Valera to that of Collins ?
    Who played a more significant part during neg. Collins or Lylod Geoege?
    Led to civil war

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

If I see;
    -Treaty negotiations
    -Apprentice boys of Derry
    -hitlers foreign policy
    -collapse of concensus
    Tomorrow I will be a very very happy (and lucky) bunny tomorrow

Seriously though, I'm lost at what to focus on for America 😭

I think Montgomery bus boycotts and in particular Race relations under MLK are very much looking over. Then possibly a joint question on Nixon and Reagan. Economy is also likely to come up, it was in the mocks too..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LeeLee97

Kermin wrote: »
    Predictions for Pursuit of Sovereignty and Nation States and International tensions?

I thought I was the only one doing nation states on this website! It's the hardest to predict - I've covered Russia 1870-1920 (economic/revolutions etc.), New imperialism, Wilhelm II and the causes of WW1.... Hope its enough! Can see them asking for impact of WW1 on economy of society unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

LeeLee97 wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one doing nation states on this website! It's the hardest to predict - I've covered Russia 1870-1920 (economic/revolutions etc.), New imperialism, Wilhelm II and the causes of WW1.... Hope its enough! Can see them asking for impact of WW1 on economy of society unfortunately

I just have New Imperialism and Bismarck done. Wilhelm i find straight forward just the opposite of Bismarck and the naval race is pretty crucial there too. Might have a look at women in workforce east topic really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Cuba also is not a question on its own - may come up in Cold War evolution or in comparison with Korea or Berlin
    Cover your bases & don't get stuck on narrow question

Cuba came up on its own in 2010?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 MarkLC2015

Treaty Negotiations
    Hitlers Propaganda
    Coleraine university
    Montgomery Bus Boycott.

They all have to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LeeLee97

MarkLC2015 wrote: »
    Treaty Negotiations
    Hitlers Propaganda
    Coleraine university
    Montgomery Bus Boycott.
    How on earth anyone could write a full essay on Nazi propaganda is beyond me. 700 words max

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

What you talking about when you say collapse of concensus ?? Seems very niche & vague question to focus on

-changes in society
    -the emergence of counter culture
    -multiculturalism

It's actually a lovely question really. I think personally anyways. Yeah I can understand how it would seem very vague but it's never been asked before and my teacher went to a thingy with some guy who talks about the papers and he tipped this so, I dunno. Will be focusing on MLK and race relations as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6 allenmac

anyone have any notes on terrance o'neill or mccarthyism?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I'm completely lost on what to study for Ireland 😠I have foreign policy covered for USA, economic and social changes in Britain and Germany and Hitlers foreign policy covered for D+D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

I'm completely lost on what to study for Ireland 😠I have foreign policy covered for USA, economic and social changes in Britain and Germany and Hitlers foreign policy covered for D+D

Parnell usually comes up in some form, so I'd do that. Also maybe 'killing home rule with kindness' and unionism too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bryanbryan2

Cuba may come up as a question along with Korea or Berlin - it came up 2010 yes as question to discuss one or all
    I would strongly recommend answering a question on all three as there is not sufficient information to cover a full essay just on one of those topics

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

If you guys had to cram one topic each for d and d, politics and society in NI, and division and realignent.??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Chef Tony

Predictions. I'm not saying all of these will come up individually on the exam in each section, but something pretty similar to at least one of them on each topic will show up.

International States and Tensions:

New Imperialism
    Franco-German Tensions
    Naval Policy

Movements for Political and Social Reform:

Who was more effective in attaining Home Rule? Butt or Parnell
    Land Agitation leading to land Reform
    Home Rule after Parnell (Dear God I hope not)

Dictatorship and Democracy:

Nazi's rise to power
    Life in Nazi Germany
    Hitlers Foreign Policy
    Lenin and Stalins contribution to Communism

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

i wonder if students in the future will do essays on today ? : o i bet the same sex marriage referendum will be a case study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

So if I have an essay learned on Stalin's economic policy, show trials etc. then if a question comes up on his contribution to communism, how do I inter corporate it into that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cazz19

Does anyone have any predictions for Nation states and international tension and/or division and realignment? No one on seems to be doing them..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Chef Tony

i wonder if students in the future will do essays on today ? : o i bet the same sex marriage referendum will be a case study :)

"What impact did Putin's foreign policy have on the outbreak of the third World War"

"What attempts were made in 2020-2032 to attain unification in Ireland"

"What challenges faced the North Korean regime in peace and war, 1980-2018?"

Cazz19 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any predictions for Nation states and international tension and/or division and realignment? No one on seems to be doing them..

For division and rrealignent my focus is on the oil crisis,youth and Pop culture, and the fall of communism. Along with the main crisi of the Cold War.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I'm gonna learn the essay I have on Michael Davitt and home rule. Hopefully he comes up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sfitzknott

My plan for tomorrow:

D+D: Stalin, Britian in the inter-war years

United States & the World: Race relations, economy, foreign policy

Document: Treaty

Northern Ireland: No idea.

What's slated to come up for Northern Ireland?

Does anyone please have an essay on the montgomery bus boycott there?

sfitzknott wrote: »
    My plan for tomorrow:

I think coleraine is the favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 allenmac

sfitzknott wrote: »
    My plan for tomorrow:

for HL its coleraine, terrance o'neill, apprentice boys, downing st declaration

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

allenmac wrote: »

Do Coleraine and Apprentice Boys not come together often? (Like 1qs)

I have a lot to study but my plan
    America: Race Relations
    D+D: Stalin or the Jarrow March
    North Ireland: Coleraine, Welfare State or maybe sunningdale if im desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Kremin wrote: »
    Do Coleraine and Apprentice Boys not come together often? (Like 1qs)

I have a lot to study but my plan
    America: Race Relations
    D+D: Stalin or the Jarrow March
    North Ireland: Coleraine, Welfare State or maybe sunningdale if im desperate.

If you're looking at Coleraine you're better off also studying Apprentice Boysz they often come up together!

What do ye reckon about what I have studied...

NI: Coleraine/Apprentice Boys, Welfare State, Brookeborough/O'Neill.
    D+D: Mussolini, Stalin and Hitler's Foreign Policy.
    USA: MBB/MLK/Civil Rights, Post WWII economy and Vietnam.

I feel so unprepared :(

Troxck wrote: »
    If you're looking at Coleraine you're better off also studying Apprentice Boysz they often come up together!

What do ye reckon about what I have studied...

NI: Coleraine/Apprentice Boys, Welfare State, Brookeborough/O'Neill.
    D+D: Mussolini, Stalin and Hitler's Foreign Policy.
    USA: MBB/MLK/Civil Rights, Post WWII economy and Vietnam.

I feel so unprepared :(

I am praying that hitters foreign policy turns up- this exam tommorow could go either way- I could get the B I'm after or I could do miserable and get a D

allenmac wrote: »

Not questioning you but how do you actually know this.?? It would be fantastic if you right.!!

Will I be grand? Aiming for a C1:

N.I:
    - Apprentice Boys/ Coleraine University / Responding to social and economic problems 1949-69

D+D:
    - Hitlers Foreign Policy/ Stalin social and economic transformation

U.S.A:
    - Montgomery Bus Boycott/ Sources of the economic boom

• Advertisement

Where is everyone getting the vibe for hitlers foreign policy.??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement