Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl bike specials 27/4/15 inc glasses with camera

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Corker1 wrote: »
    I picked up a pair of the camera glasses on Monday and I have to say I am well impressed with the video quality. I will use them mostly for the urban sections of my commute. On descents the wind noise is very noticible. If you are wearing a casquette with them don't forget to pop the peak up!

Cover the mic with tape (cellotape or whatever you have). It reduces the noise but tends to keep picking up the sound reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Slydice wrote: »
    Cover the mic with tape (cellotape or whatever you have). It reduces the noise but tends to keep picking up the sound reasonably.

Nice one. I'll give that a shot so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I bought the bib shorts last week and tried them at the weekend. Excellent fit. However, it's been a while since I've had such an uncomfortable cycle. The padding on them is absolutely crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

traprunner wrote: »
    I bought the bib shorts last week and tried them at the weekend. Excellent fit. However, it's been a while since I've had such an uncomfortable cycle. The padding on them is absolutely crap.

dang I picked up a pair too but haven't tried em out yet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I used a pair on over a 100km in wicklow yesterday ; they were fine, although I prefer a thinner chamois anyway. Fit is good and the legs are not too tight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I used a pair on over a 100km in wicklow yesterday ; they were fine, although I prefer a thinner chamois anyway. Fit is good and the legs are not too tight.

One of my main problems is with the leg tightness of shorts. While I have large quads and hamstrings I also have a layer of adipose tissue.

On the ass....maybe I'm just sensitive or it could be that my adipose tissue is putting more pressure on the saddle :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    The manual linked to earlier says battery will last min 75 mins

Incidentally worth noting that the battery isn't covered by the warranty, nor can it be removed (well maybe it's possible to hack it later if required)... So the glasses will only last as long as the battery does.

So my camera sunglasses have decided not to hold their charge any longer (after only 10 months of service!)... pretty shoddy.

Anyone else who got the camera sunglasses experience the same?

I'll chance my arm with their 3-year warranty although I'm guessing they will say batteries are not covered, in which case I'll never purchase another battery-powered Lidl gadget again. The plug-based ones I've bought over the years still run fine.

Advertisement