Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

i know it's a bit early to say this with the semis and final to come, but apart from the Hawkins/Robbo match, does anyone think this years WC is mediocre? If so, do you think that's due to the amount of snooker being played? I feel the WC has lost its prestige slightly. The players also look very tired and you can tell they're playing too much, imo. I even find myself taking it for granted, like I am not as excited watching it as previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Is it just me, or does Bingham look like Avram Grant's lovechild...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Is it just me, or does Bingham look like Avram Grant's lovechild...

It's just you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Some match, go on the Hawk.

Love to see him win it.

Won't fear anyone after beating Robertson in that kind of form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

semi2015.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

mdwexford wrote: »
    Some match, go on the Hawk.

Love to see him win it.

Won't fear anyone after beating Robertson in that kind of form.

Match of the tournament for sure. No offence to Murphy but would love to see a first timer when it this year, whoever that might be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yeah he did... 13-12! :p

Boom, and indeed boom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

As well as all the final 4 are playing, its hard to look past Murphy now. Experience of having done it all before could be all important here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Panrich

Hoping for Trump v Murphy final now. I'm not sure the prospect of Hawkins v Bingham would set too many pulses racing, especially among casual fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Delighted for Bingham and Hawkins. Great performances last night. Snooker really is very open nowadays, nobody is guaranteed of winning not like the Davis & Hendry days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd still rather Trump v Murphy final though :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Can't stand Murphy, come on Hawkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭bren2001

2 0 Murphy. Hawkins missed the easiest of reds with only needing a colour for the frame. Murphy cleared up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Can't stand Murphy, come on Hawkins.

Why? He's my favourite!

Hawkins is giving these frames away. 3-0 Murphy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Those shots Hawkins missed in the second and third frames might come back to haunt him at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hawkins having a nightmare start.

These first few frames suggest that Hawkins might still be reeling from that intense Quarter Final with Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Some end to frame 4!

Some end to frame 4!

Murphy should be disappointed with that. Really should be 4-0. Hawkins will take it. Turns an awful session into an ok one.

• Advertisement

Aye, Hawkins deserves a frame tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

Addle wrote: »
    Why? He's my favourite!

Why?
    He is so boring and seems to have no personality. look at his interview on youtube snoring!!

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, Hawkins deserves a frame tbh.

Missing chances like that? He deserves nothing in my book. (I might be slightly biased having money on Murphy)

bren2001 wrote: »
    Missing chances like that? He deserves nothing in my book. (I might be slightly biased having money on Murphy)

Aye, but did Murphy deserve to go 4 frames ahead given the amount of opportunities he missed?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hawkins deserved it for that break he made even though he made a balls of that last shot and got a bit lucky, the late finish is definitely affecting him, hope he can stick with him and Murphy doesn't win it pulling up.

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, but did Murphy deserve to go 4 frames ahead given the amount of opportunities he missed?

I never said Murphy deserved to be 4 up. I think he should be 4 up. Losing the final frame in the manner he did was ridiculous. He has a chance to turn the screw with Hawkins seemingly being so tired.
    Hawkins deserved it for that break he made even though he made a balls of that last shot and got a bit lucky, the late finish is definitely affecting him, hope he can stick with him and Murphy doesn't win it pulling up.

3-1 is probably a fair result so far.

Impressive clearance by Murphy, hope Hawkins wins the last frame, 5-3 wouldn't be too for him, considering he hasn't really been at his best today.

Impressive clearance by Murphy, hope Hawkins wins the last frame, 5-3 wouldn't be too for him, considering he hasn't really been at his best today.

5-3 would be a very good results for both players. Much bigger frame for Hawkins than Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

6-2 to Murphy going into tomorrow's second session.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

obriendj wrote: »
    Why?
    He is so boring and seems to have no personality. look at his interview on youtube snoring!!

Murphy's SNOOKER is anything but boring and that's what's counts. Yawn Yawn watching Hawkins play. Hawkins reminds me of a little school boy the way he keeps picking his nose. He needs his mummy with him to fix his bow tie etc or he wouldn't be able to survive on his own. Really hope Murphy runs away with it tomorrow.

Advertisement