Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭bren2001

colossus-x wrote: »
    Murphy's SNOOKER is anything but boring and that's what's counts. Yawn Yawn watching Hawkins play. Hawkins reminds me of a little school boy the way he keeps picking his nose. He needs his mummy with him to fix his bow tie etc or he wouldn't be able to survive on his own. Really hope Murphy runs away with it tomorrow.

I don't think its fair to use the fact that Yann had to fix his bowtie as a stick to beat him with. Yes, Hawkins is a slow and calculated player. However, I don't think he is boring to watch. Generally takes his shots relatively quickly but plays on the safe side of the game. He is a hell of a lot more interesting than Ebdon or Rod the Plod.

Murphy is exciting enough to watch. Any long potter is. Takes risks etc. I don't really care about his interviews etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

bren2001 wrote: »
    I don't think its fair to use the fact that Yann had to fix his bowtie as a stick to beat him with. Yes, Hawkins is a slow and calculated player. However, I don't think he is boring to watch. Generally takes his shots relatively quickly but plays on the safe side of the game. He is a hell of a lot more interesting than Ebdon or Rod the Plod.

Murphy is exciting enough to watch. Any long potter is. Takes risks etc. I don't really care about his interviews etc.

How do you mean it's not fair ? I was just using it as an example of his 'mummy boy' demeanor which exists whether his bow tie needed to be fix or not. And if your followed the post I was replying to this comment :
    Can't stand Murphy, come on Hawkins.
    so I was just sticking up for Murphy. My comment was thus perfectly fair. And he does keep thumbing his nose for some naughty boy reason lol . And on the subject of interviews , how are Hawkins interviews ? Riveting I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

obriendj wrote: »
    Why?
    He is so boring and seems to have no personality. look at his interview on youtube snoring!!

He's a gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just watching Stewart Bingham's interview's ithere and he was emotional making the semi's! Hope he makes the final now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Anyone else think this has been a mediocre championship? or are we just watching too much snooker? f

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Trump is still a bit reckless, he played a silly shot but Bingham let him off the hook, if he keeps playing wild shots like that I can't see him winning the title

Great break by Bingham to rob this frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bingham is playing some good Snooker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break by Bingham, hope he can keep this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Really enjoying Hendrys commentary i have to say.

Very enjoyable first session, don't think I've ever seen Bingham play that well, between last nights final session and tonight, this is great stuff.

• Advertisement

macpac26 wrote: »

Yeah some of the other commentator talk like they talking to old grannies who haven't a clue what's going on but Henry make some really insightful remarks which is refreshing to see so agree with you there !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

macpac26 wrote: »

Yeah, he's excellent. Willie Thorne does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Dishonourable mention for John 'WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Virgo - usually said when the cue ball is nowhere near going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

What do you think of Trumps's Burger King sponsorship??

don't mean to be sniffy but it kinda cheapens the whole event, and in this age of childhood obesity its a bit inappropriate don't you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Mr Murphy's wearing his camouflage suit today

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

My favourite player this tournament is Ball-run Bingham. Never really saw much of him up to this but it's great to see how well he is doing and how much it means to him. He was very emotional with tears in his eyes after beating Ronnie. I hope he can go all the way.

fryup wrote: »
    What do you think of Trumps's Burger King sponsorship??

don't mean to be sniffy but it kinda cheapens the whole event, and in this age of childhood obesity its a bit inappropriate don't you think??

Yes it's sticks out like sore thumb. But be careful, you may be accused of being a snob like I was when voicing an opinion on the changing of the whole look and feel of the presentation of the sport. Someone in the audience at this mornings opening had a placard that said "TON UP" ! The camera did a deliberate close up of it as Walker was introducing BarrrrrrrrrrrrrrY Hawins in boxing match or darts style. Apparently it's all an attempt to make the game more popular - by making it more appealing to the lower working classes. Like Darts. So I guess the theory is is that there are more lower working class ppl that more sophisticated cultured ppl like your typical snooker fan like myself so lowering of all standards is on the cards , slowly , bit by bit. Well it might work but will it make it better ? Defiantly not.

Murphy's flying here, long way back for Hawkins.

colossus-x wrote: »
    How do you mean it's not fair ? I was just using it as an example of his 'mummy boy' demeanor which exists whether his bow tie needed to be fix or not. And if your followed the post I was replying to this comment :
    so I was just sticking up for Murphy. My comment was thus perfectly fair. And he does keep thumbing his nose for some naughty boy reason lol . And on the subject of interviews , how are Hawkins interviews ? Riveting I'd imagine.

I suppose my point was how does that have any relevance on the snooker table? My point was that Hawkins is relatively easy on the eye when he is at the table.

I was expanding on a point made by another poster but didn't feel the need to quote him on Murphys playing style. I have been a Murphy fan for years and he is arguably my favourite player.

On this mornings session, its almost game over at this stage. Poor from Hawkins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Murphy is running away with it, 10-2 at the interval. Can't see any way back for Hawkins from here.

• Advertisement

Glenman wrote: »
    Murphy is running away with it, 10-2 at the interval. Can't see any way back for Hawkins from here.

It's a long long way back for him. Needs to win the next 2 mini-sessions 3-1. That would give him a fighting chance. However, his standard of snooker in this semi suggests that is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ah dammit thought it wasn't on until the afternoon! Has it been pretty smooth sailing for Murphy?

jimmii wrote: »
    Ah dammit thought it wasn't on until the afternoon! Has it been pretty smooth sailing for Murphy?

Pretty much. Hawkins has put him under no pressure, any time he has got a hand on the table he lost control of the cue ball. Very disappointing SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bren2001 wrote: »
    Pretty much. Hawkins has put him under no pressure, any time he has got a hand on the table he lost control of the cue ball. Very disappointing SF.

On the plus side it could be set up for an epic come back which would be fun!

That black jumping on the floor is the break Hawkins needed to stem the flow, We've seen players make big comebacks before, Murphy has a bit to do yet.

jimmii wrote: »
    On the plus side it could be set up for an epic come back which would be fun!

Ha, that is what I used to love about Ken. Never really mattered about how far behind he was, he would give it a good go. That is good from Hawkins, one mistake from Murphy and punished. I'd like to watch some interesting snooker tonight so I am hoping for 4-0.

Hawkins can't afford to miss chances like that, especially with the way Murphy's been killing frames in one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

11-3 Murphy. All over bar the shouting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Just looking at murphy's sponsor, it's the royal manchester childrens hospital, guessing he is wearing it for free, he is giving them £100 for every ton he makes.

• Advertisement

If Hawkins wins the next two frames I think he'd still be in it, but if Murphy keeps up the form he's shown this morning, no one will be able to stop him.

Advertisement