Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CFlat wrote: »
    I can't believe BBC have just done that for a bloody cooking show :(

That's one thing, but breaking live coverage for a rerun of Dad's Army took the proverbial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's one thing, but breaking live coverage for a rerun of Dad's Army took the proverbial

Don't panic Mr. Myrddin, don't panic....

CFlat wrote: »
    Don't panic Mr. Myrddin, don't panic....

I'm grand Cb :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

Okay, so we're back on the red button. I even have that on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

It looks like Ronnie has thrown in the towel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great red to the right middle by Bingham, it looked like he made a balls of it, hard to see Ronnie coming back from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

looks like Bingham has the bit between his teeth. wants it more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

tanko wrote: »
    It looks like Ronnie has thrown in the towel.

He hasn't really looked happy in any match. Has he parted company with the sports psychologist he was seeing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Put it down to the Bingham Stare !!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

He hasn't really looked happy in any match. Has he parted company with the sports psychologist he was seeing?

Nope, he's still with Steve Peters. It's been obvious that Ronnie's head just hasn't been there this year

• Advertisement

Another awful break from Ronnie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He doesn't look to be playing well enough to rattle off 4 frames.

Looks like Ronnie won't be going much further this year. Queue the inevitable retirement talk from him....groan.

Looks like Ronnie won't be going much further this year. Queue the inevitable retirement talk from him....groan.

He hasn't mentioned retiring for some time now

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

Gutted. Was really looking forward to a certain semi.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

One positive to Ronnie going out, at least we won't have eejits roaring their heads off every time his opponent misses a shot, that was very irritating in last year's final.

Hope Bingham plays like that again, but Trump might have it all wrapped with a session to spare.

GeneralC wrote: »
    He hasn't mentioned retiring for some time now

I've a feeling it might rear its head again now, and no doubt will be dispelled again next year if so.

On that note, I actually think we've seen the passing of the guard re Ronnie. I think he has peaked, and will start on a downward slope now for the next while. I can't see him lifting the world championship again either. He was a league unto himself there for years, but probably around last year that started to change. I think Trump will take his place for the next few years, much the same as when Hendry peaked and Ronnie started to dominate.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

One positive to Ronnie going out, at least we won't have eejits roaring their heads off every time his opponent misses a shot, that was very irritating in last year's final.

Hope Bingham plays like that again, but Trump might have it all wrapped with a session to spare.

True and I'm glad for Stuart, but would have loved to see Trump and O'Sullivan play (when they're both on form). Ah well, it was not to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Meanwhile, Robertson looked like going 12-10 up on Hawkins. Got a bad break when he tried to break up the reds and Hawkins has levelled it at 11-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Robertson v Hawkins game is superb.

• Advertisement

Century for Hawkins, 11-11 now, brilliant match.

Eight centuries in twenty-two frames, that is mental, I know people bemoan the lack of 'characters' in this sport, but when the standard is this high I don't give a f*ck how colourful they are away from the table.

Aye, probably game of the tournament so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

Fair play to Hawkins, he held his nerve really well in the end. I didn't think he had it in him. It was Robertson who cracked under the pressure eventually. Brilliant match.

What a game. Hawkins probably just about edged it overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Absolutely superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great match. Had everything. Had more century breaks than the entire tournament had in 1977, which was the first year at The Crucible.

I've a feeling it might rear its head again now, and no doubt will be dispelled again next year if so.

On that note, I actually think we've seen the passing of the guard re Ronnie. I think he has peaked, and will start on a downward slope now for the next while. I can't see him lifting the world championship again either. He was a league unto himself there for years, but probably around last year that started to change. I think Trump will take his place for the next few years, much the same as when Hendry peaked and Ronnie started to dominate.

I agree with that. Ronnie looks disinterested and he isn't practicing as much these days. He use to have his opponents beaten before they even had the match started, that's how much they feared him. He is indeed one of the greats, even not the greatest, but his days of being a force are on a decline. He will probably win another few tournaments, but not the World Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Passenger wrote: »
    What a game. Hawkins probably just about edged it overall.

Yeah he did... 13-12! :p

Advertisement