Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

hopeso wrote: »
    I bet he learned some 'French' after that.....:D

No I didn’t say a word.
    He’s only a young lad on his first time away from home, and it’s all a bit too much for him iykwim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Odelay wrote: »
    After spending 4K twice, I’d be thinking about fitting a jib limit sensor. If it can be done, they will do it.

Many thanks. I was wondering why there’s so much travel in that ram anyhow. If you’d no cab it would nearly hit you on the head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Was at a discussion group walk today and we were talking about picking stones. One got a neighbours son to drive the tractor while he threw in a few stones in a good part of the field.

The young lad was spending so much time on his phone and not keeping up with the lads picking that he eventually told him to go home.

Ah the snowflake generation has well and truly arrived. Poor lad was probably only looking up on youtube how to change gear on the tractor. :D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭maidhc

Was at a discussion group walk today and we were talking about picking stones. One got a neighbours son to drive the tractor while he threw in a few stones in a good part of the field.

The young lad was spending so much time on his phone and not keeping up with the lads picking that he eventually told him to go home.

Put the tractor in 1st low and make them all keep up..

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Your forgetting Reggie doesnt have to deal with casual labour.(not ours but did another 5k damage to tractor)

With the cartridge on the ground it looks like he was trying to get those hard to reach nipples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've had my JD with just over 3 years now but I always felt it was slow engaging the shuttle, slow enough to nearly get off and back on again. I mentioned it during servicing but computer says no on the diagnosis so I just kinda accepted it and tried to minimise problems when needing fast engaging when driving cattle and sheep.

It didn't always work though so when JD sent out a survey about the loader, I just filled out that I wasn't happy with the shuttle and sent it off and forgot about it.

I got a call from the UK about it last week and a senior mechanic arrived today to have a luck and brought one of the local mechanics with him.

They adjusted the engagement of the shuttle and it's a different machine tonight. It was slightly off when put together but to be fair to the lads, they did sort it out in the end.

It'll take a bit of time for me to adjust but it just shows how you need to keep hammering the issue home if you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Reggie. wrote: »
    Here she is

488642.jpg

Polish disks. Was looking at them they are strong looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

satstheway wrote: »
    Polish disks. Was looking at them they are strong looking.

Yeah they look a good job
    A mate has them over a year and hasn't broke them yet. That's saying something

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

The trough manufacturer would want to put that pic in their promo material.

• Advertisement

The trough manufacturer would want to put that pic in their promo material.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

I can't for the life of me figure how that happened! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Odelay

I’m guessing staring at a phone screen played a part...

Odelay wrote: »
    I’m guessing staring at a phone screen played a part...

More than likely. It's great propaganda for the drinker tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I can't for the life of me figure how it was posted on social media. If it was myself the family wouldn't even hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I can't for the life of me figure how it was posted on social media. If it was myself the family wouldn't even hear about it.

Local lad had a car crash her a whole ago. Before he even tried to get out of the car or ring for help he posted photos on facebook...that's the age we live in now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

That was a helluva crash between the two tractors drawing silage in Pembrokeshire that was featured on Agriland yesterday.
    Must have been some messing going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

tanko wrote: »
    That was a helluva crash between the two tractors drawing silage in Pembrokeshire that was featured on Agriland yesterday.
    Must have been some messing going on there.
    Lads not talking on the radios of where to meet. Lucky they only did it to themselves not a member of the public

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Odelay

Anyone using joystick steering on a tractor or machine? Have it on a loader and find it very useful, once you get used to it.
    Wish I had it in the car....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

As you get fewer farms running larger machines(rotaries) this’ll be more of a familiar sight. Used to be about a 40ftwide swath of straw at one time...

• Advertisement

Looks like someone was badly stuck for a tedder tine and assembly. No evidence that it worked loose and fell off. No damage to paint at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Looks like someone was badly stuck for a tedder tine and assembly. No evidence that it worked loose and fell off. No damage to paint at all

I always wondered why a local tillage farmer always returned all his gear to home base every night without fail .Now this man would have had score ground over 10-15 miles away and only 30km tractors and back to same ground the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Annoying. But thank God for small mercies.
    Tell us, did the cheeky buggers come into the shed at the back/side of your house? A little camera wouldn't go astray and a bit of signage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Or the bolt holding it on may have been torqued too tight and sheared.
    If you were going to rob a mans machine, you'd bring a "spare" tine when you were at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Muckit wrote: »
    Tell us, did the cheeky buggers come into the shed at the back/side of your house? A little camera wouldn't go astray and a bit of signage

Two of the quads stolen last week in westmeath are on CCTV, Looking at the footage it could be anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

That is the problem with a lot of CCTV footage, you can see the little scrotes in the act but could you be sure and identify them as little Johnny from over the road... You might even be able to identify the clothes they are wearing but unless you can be fairly sure of the face you are wasting your time.
    You would nearly need one of the Netwatch systems that catches them in the act and tells them to feck off but they are seriously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    That is the problem with a lot of CCTV footage, you can see the little scrotes in the act but could you be sure and identify them as little Johnny from over the road... You might even be able to identify the clothes they are wearing but unless you can be fairly sure of the face you are wasting your time.
    You would nearly need one of the Netwatch systems that catches them in the act and tells them to feck off but they are seriously expensive.

If ya can justify spending it, ya should be able to justify securing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

If ya can justify spending it, ya should be able to justify securing it.

Alarms and trackers are the way to go, Gardai got a big haul from a tracker on a robot mower that was stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

wrangler wrote: »
    Alarms and trackers are the way to go, Gardai got a big haul from a tracker on a robot mower that was stolen

Trackers are definately a great idea and i've been meaning to get some on the tractros for the last while

Does anybody have a good tracker on their machinery? If so where did you get it?

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »

Not sure if it was at the back of the house or if I was pulled in somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement