Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

whelan2 wrote: »
    Mech fibre 350. Supposed to hold up to 7 tonnes. Replacing a 170 we had for 14 years

I think the 170 were 17m3 and the 360 is 20m3.

Well wear Whelan. I hope you won’t be putting too many bales through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I think the 170 were 17m3 and the 360 is 20m3.

Well wear Whelan. I hope you won’t be putting too many bales through it.

Never put bales in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Never put bales in it.

Top of the range feeder if you’re not using bales. Brilliant to mix also.
    Trialed one here but was a disaster with bales. By far the best feeder to mix and distribute straights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

would a safety chain attached through the link arms be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does anyone here bother with the ball and spoon hitch or is that just really for the contractors and the big boys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Got this delivered the other day

Well wear, we have the same one here.
    I don’t think the 360 or 340 were supposed to be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Reggie. wrote: »
    davidk1394 wrote: »
    Last minute repairs.com, on a serious note though. Has anyone with a Lely or other brand baker break many tines on the pickup ? I’m after replacing a lot of the original tines.

Hateful job. Have you them set too low
    Some machines are easier to change tines than others.
    Jd baler has m10 bolts which always open . Strautman and pottinger wagons have m8 bolts that never open and get cut off.

My procedure for both is to change them from underneath. open the bottom of the band. Push it to the side. Cut the bolt with an air cut off tool. Then replace the tine.
    Then bolt back on band.
    Half inch air gun with a 13mm hex socket.
    Replace band bolts if needed with stainless steel which dont rust/rot
    5 or 6 minutes a tine once you get going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Looking at buying one of these myself. What you think so far. Happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Looks in super condition. Always liked those grey fergies..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Looking at buying one of these myself. What you think so far. Happy with it?

Haven't used it yet. Hopefully not for a few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Easy know I was baling in the rivaling county :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Easy know I was baling in the rivaling county :D

Not much baling here today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭emaherx

Not much baling here today

Need a snorkel?

emaherx wrote: »
    Need a snorkel?

Nah I'm inside and dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Need a snorkel?

I saw a few videos of lads up the north west, some rivers of water flowing down fields and roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭emaherx

I saw a few videos of lads up the north west, some rivers of water flowing down fields and roads.

I'm at a wedding in a Marquee, think I might need a snorkel and flippers soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm at a wedding in a Marquee, think I might need a snorkel and flippers soon.

The marquee seemed like a good idea at the time:D

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

There was a discussion here a good while ago about the soft drives on leaders and I'm nearly sure it was said that it was okay to leave it on when doing general loading work as it saves to front axle, is that right?
    My mate says the opposite that I'll burst the the gas cylinders, which I would be inclined to agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

487784.jpg
    Demo disc.

There was a discussion here a good while ago about the soft drives on leaders and I'm nearly sure it was said that it was okay to leave it on when doing general loading work as it saves to front axle, is that right?
    My mate says the opposite that I'll burst the the gas cylinders, which I would be inclined to agree with

Rather spend 500 quid every few thousand hours on new bottles than be bounced around stressing machine and the body/back.

• Advertisement

Never turn mine off

Demo disc.

Is it big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Odelay

Leave it on. Turning it off to save the accumulators is like push starting your car to save the starter. Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Rather spend 500 quid every few thousand hours on new bottles than be bounced around stressing machine and the body/back.

That settle that so. I tried lifting bales with the 5445 with it on and it was much better, felt like you'd turn her over if you turned sharply with it off

https://gz-tractors.com/about-us/

Anyone heard about this crowd, based in southern Spain! Those prices can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

https://gz-tractors.com/about-us/

Anyone heard about this crowd, based in southern Spain! Those prices can't be right.

Avoid!! Google image searched on of the fellas that give a testimony. It shows two of the images are taken for LinkedIn. Same with two of the tractors. They are for sale on sites in the UK.

Example.
    https://classified.fwi.co.uk/details/Tractors/New-Holland-T465-Powerstar/4739958/
    https://gz-tractors.com/inventory/2013-new-holland-t4-65-powerstar/

They're link isn't working for some reason, this is it though
    https://gz-tractors.com/inventory/2013-new-holland-t4-65-powerstar/

Thought as much when I seen a 2009 Class AXOS 340 with a loader and 2100hrs for £9,400. Was on my mobile at the time so couldn't check.
    Convincing others that not all people on the internet are honest is an ongoing battle.

For reference, these guys on TFF are kkeping a listing of scammer sites:

https://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/scam-chasers-scam-website-list.250514/page-4#post-6331556

Demo disc.

Is it big enough
    Ain’t bad but amazone Catros is another beast altogether at big widths. Struggle for down pressure and contour following at width usually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

6m? Looks like there has been some rain over there.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement