Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

blue5000 wrote: »
    6m? Looks like there has been some rain over there.
    10m machine.
    Getting wet now yep. Taking the approach of rather dry at start of harvest than have it dry at the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Now I see what you meant about following contours. :o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

487784.jpg
    Demo disc.

GPS will make it easier anyway. Is it easy set the depth ? How does is handle damp ground ? Would the discs or rollers block ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Rather spend 500 quid every few thousand hours on new bottles than be bounced around stressing machine and the body/back.

That settle that so. I tried lifting bales with the 5445 with it on and it was much better, felt like you'd turn her over if you turned sharply with it off

The general gist of the soft ride conversation was to leave to on unless doing heavy work like pushing or digging with a bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Have a 135 here that was filling the sump with diesel about 2 years ago. Cured it with a new fuel lift pump but it has started dropping diesel into the sump again.
    Am I now looking at having to get the injector pump resealed or could I be lucky that the leak is being caused by a faulty gasket on the lift pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

rushvalley wrote: »
    Have a 135 here that was filling the sump with diesel about 2 years ago. Cured it with a new fuel lift pump but it has started dropping diesel into the sump again.
    Am I now looking at having to get the injector pump resealed or could I be lucky that the leak is being caused by a faulty gasket on the lift pump?

There is a diaframe in the pump if you split the pump where the ring of screws are you need to inspect it when out can be hard to find small tare in it will let diesel in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Ain’t bad but amazone Catros is another beast altogether at big widths. Struggle for down pressure and contour following at width usually.

They were demo’ing the 8m version locally a fortnight ago. The farmer had a 300 Optum and it wouldn’t budge it. Called for our tractor and I pulled it for an hour. Good machine. It would enter the ground no bother and wasn’t at all inclined to crab. Crabbing is a big enough problem with most makes, especially when the ground is like concrete.
    The Pottinger entered the ground exceptionally well, moved the soil very well and left a good finish considering. It had a rubber type packer roller which I wouldn’t like...will you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingdom fan

The 135 problem, I was plagued here for years with same.
    Lift pump, just get new one. I put 8n 2 in quick succession
    Heater pluv. New ones seem to be totally useless don't last pissing time. Eventually just blanked it off. Never used it anyway.
    Checked injectors. All grand but can be a serious issue.
    Diesel pump. Main shaft had worn in d middle of d pump. Some old fella on d Dock road in limerick stripped it , replaced shaft replaced all seals for a few quid. I think it was a one day turnaround also. He has done other bits too ( another Massey was slow to turn over, thought starter was knackered same fella took it charged me 20E , said it was full of diesel and dirt. Worked grand after he cleaned it)
    Tractor almost never used so lastly ..... still saw oil level going up on dipstick ...
    Put a bottle over the exhaust . Seems to be grand again for d last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Odelay

The 135 problem, I was plagued here for years with same.
    Lift pump, just get new one. I put 8n 2 in quick succession
    Heater pluv. New ones seem to be totally useless don't last pissing time. Eventually just blanked it off. Never used it anyway.
    Checked injectors. All grand but can be a serious issue.
    Diesel pump. Main shaft had worn in d middle of d pump. Some old fella on d Dock road in limerick stripped it , replaced shaft replaced all seals for a few quid. I think it was a one day turnaround also. He has done other bits too ( another Massey was slow to turn over, thought starter was knackered same fella took it charged me 20E , said it was full of diesel and dirt. Worked grand after he cleaned it)
    Tractor almost never used so lastly ..... still saw oil level going up on dipstick ...
    Put a bottle over the exhaust . Seems to be grand again for d last 2 years.

That lad on the dock road is fair handy. Good lad to go to for odd sized bolts too. Very good for injector work too.

Ain’t bad but amazone Catros is another beast altogether at big widths. Struggle for down pressure and contour following at width usually.

They were demo’ing the 8m version locally a fortnight ago. The farmer had a 300 Optum and it wouldn’t budge it. Called for our tractor and I pulled it for an hour. Good machine. It would enter the ground no bother and wasn’t at all inclined to crab. Crabbing is a big enough problem with most makes, especially when the ground is like concrete.
    The Pottinger entered the ground exceptionally well, moved the soil very well and left a good finish considering. It had a rubber type packer roller which I wouldn’t like...will you buy?
    An amazone catros in 12m would be a different beast altogether. We had it crabbing about 20cm off straight, and could set it out of the ground on hard clay. Issue for us is would like an air seeder.

Have a load of Belgians looking at Nh combine today. Keeps breaking a threaded rod to hold a pulley on a spring for tensioning the first rotor that already shat a bearing. We never touched anything as a hire machine, on it’s 3rd one. Driver did say when asked how he liked it, when told it’s lost 20 drum hours vs a class so far they shut up quickly.
    Can make out from the spring with threaded bar broken off which should be on the bracket parralel to it. Lost 6 hours yesterday evening or about 300 ton hagbergs are getting ropey on with wet weather until net Sunday evening/Monday with rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

An amazone catros in 12m would be a different beast altogether. We had it crabbing about 20cm off straight, and could set it out of the ground on hard clay. Issue for us is would like an air seeder.

Have a load of Belgians looking at Nh combine today. Keeps breaking a threaded rod to hold a pulley on a spring for tensioning the first rotor that already shat a bearing. We never touched anything as a hire machine, on it’s 3rd one. Driver did say when asked how he liked it, when told it’s lost 20 drum hours vs a class so far they shut up quickly.
    Can make out from the spring with threaded bar broken off which should be on the bracket parralel to it. Lost 6 hours yesterday evening or about 300 ton hagbergs are getting ropey on with wet weather until net Sunday evening/Monday with rain.

Beginning to look like a bit of a special. Would a replacement be that hard to source. Your in unquantifiable loss territory at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Beginning to look like a bit of a special. Would a replacement be that hard to source. Your in unquantifiable loss territory at this stage.

Theres a 9.80 operating in my area for its second year with no issues as far as I've heard. The lads would clear 80 acres in a good day

1k tons in the field that should be in store? Ouch.

Haven’t they got a spare machine while they’re messing with yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Friend of mine in Essex is trying a Mac Don header on demo. Have either of you tried one out yet? He reckons it’s the bees knees

Friend of mine in Essex is trying a Mac Don header on demo. Have either of you tried one out yet? He reckons it’s the bees knees
    They are good at following the ground, be good for low crops like peas or laid over crops. They say the way the belt feeds in helps output but in reality it’s limited by size of feed houses as the won’t say fudge it and make a design tracks only so loose a few hundred mm each side for foreigners to fit wheels.
    Would also be double the cost of a stock header.

1k tons in the field that should be in store? Ouch.

Haven’t they got a spare machine while they’re messing with yours?
    Wouldn’t be quite that much tons but enough to be cross. Driver used to manage a farm but got bored of the paper work he simply made it clear it’s only a hire, not a sale as of yet. Had 4 Belgians, guy from dealer, guy from Basildon and 2 dealer fitters looking at it.

Theres a 9.80 operating in my area for its second year with no issues as far as I've heard. The lads would clear 80 acres in a good day
    We’ve a 10.90 here that’s nearly burnt it’s self, had a pulley moulted the wrong way round from factory running the belt out of line stressing the tensioner adjuster threaded rod 3 times and a screen covering the rad rattle loose clogging with chaff as no one could be bothered to use a nylock or spring washer. It’s only done 40% of its expected workload from new in 1st season.

Wouldn’t be quite that much tons but enough to be cross. Driver used to manage a farm but got bored of the paper work he simply made it clear it’s only a hire, not a sale as of yet. Had 4 Belgians, guy from dealer, guy from Basildon and 2 dealer fitters looking at it.

There was a man in the next parish that told me the support for the straw elevator cracked and almost fell off. Same craic, Belgians down to crawl over it for a day.
    I think it was the model before yours.

Fair bad that they can’t build them correctly from first day...wouldn’t happen to a Claas.

There was a man in the next parish that told me the support for the straw elevator cracked and almost fell off. Same craic, Belgians down to crawl over it for a day.
    I think it was the model before yours.

Fair bad that they can’t build them correctly from first day...wouldn’t happen to a Claas.

Had issues with Claas and had germans over, they brought one with them for a few weeks having found a structural fault.

Had issues with Claas and had germans over, they brought one with them for a few weeks having found a structural fault.

Structural fault?
    Sounds serious.

• Advertisement

Anyone have the lowdown on a JD 6115R?
    It’s to become a loader tractor.

Faults, problems, what to look for etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It's a john Deere. Its ****e enough said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Any of you know if this is diesel bug?
    Found it partially blocking the filter of the in tank fuel pump for my car. It's a bit waxy/gummy to the touch

Reggie. wrote: »
    It's a john Deere. Its ****e enough said :P

I’ve another Deere to get rid of and it’s the only dealer that’ll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

I have no experience of R series Deeres, so I have nothing constructive to add... But one thing that came to mind is that the 6115 would be at the lower end of the power ratings in the R series, so there my be power to weight issues? Something only other 6115R operators could answer I suppose. On the other hand, if it’s to be primarily a loader tractor, the weight will be an advantage. I’ve heard the size of the bonnet on new Deeres critiscised as being too big for comfortable loader work, but that’s something you’ll be able to decide yourself if you sit into one....

Another toy has arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Another toy has arrived

Not a Deere anyway, I take it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Another toy has arrived

A McHale.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Not a Deere anyway, I take it! :D

God no

• Advertisement

A McHale.

Jaysus nothing fancy like that. Them things cost money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement