Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Staring the tractor here this morning about 7.15. Around - 5 at the time. Started away no bother, around 10 sec later oil pressure light came on, so I stopped immediately.

Started thinking that maybe due to cold oil in the sump had thickened and would be ok when warmed up. Cattle to be fed etc so I started up again and let it tick over. Oil light went off after aprox 2 mins and fine since.

Am I right in thinking that cold oil is the issue? Am I risking damage to the engine?

Oil would be thicker but what else can ya do. You have to feed the masses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Staring the tractor here this morning about 7.15. Around - 5 at the time. Started away no bother, around 10 sec later oil pressure light came on, so I stopped immediately.

Started thinking that maybe due to cold, oil in the sump had thickened and would be ok when warmed up. Cattle to be fed etc so I started up again and let it tick over. Oil light went off after aprox 2 mins and fine since.

Am I right in thinking that cold oil is the issue? Am I risking damage to the engine?
    Was oil changed and filter lately.
    Oil cheapest maintenance ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Attie wrote: »
    Was oil changed and filter lately.
    Oil cheapest maintenance ever.

Around 200 hours since last oil & filter change, so yeah could be done again soon. Last time was done at a garage so I'm wondering was correct oil used?

Anyway will add it to the list of job to do when weather calms down.

Say what ya like about landinis but that one of mine is an animal to push. Never stalled once and I had it really tested a few times in the drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭davidk1394

How are everyone's machines at home after the storm ? Would love to be able to put up a few pictures of the stuff out here. Currently sitting up on a versatile 520 with my feet on the dash waiting on truck loads of maize. The farm runs a fleet of fendt, John Deere, new holland and Claas and krone harvesters. All trucks hauling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

davidk1394 wrote: »
    How are everyone's machines at home after the storm ? Would love to be able to put up a few pictures of the stuff out here. Currently sitting up on a versatile 520 with my feet on the dash waiting on truck loads of maize. The farm runs a fleet of fendt, John Deere, new holland and Claas and krone harvesters. All trucks hauling.

Where are you now?

Where are you now?
    I'm gone out west onto moxey farms. It's a large dairy farm. On the harvest crew at the moment then go at the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Reggie. wrote: »
    Say what ya like about landinis but that one of mine is an animal to push. Never stalled once and I had it really tested a few times in the drifts.

Most landinis are tbf.
    Stick them in a low gear and just push

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

davidk1394 wrote:

Sounds like a great experience. Going to the US myself in a couple months for harvest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Heres one for ye now, if you have advice id appreciate it greatly. I never drew silage as a young lad etc did the odd half day here and there topping and slurry etc at home. But im heading to oz for seeding in the next ten days and in my time in nz when i was on tbe tractors for full days i noticed i used to be stiff as in the evenings even though i used to get down for a walk on the hour just to stretch out. I was just wondering have ye got any tips for me so i dont sieze up over the next 10 weeks?

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

Heres one for ye now, if you have advice id appreciate it greatly. I never drew silage as a young lad etc did the odd half day here and there topping and slurry etc at home. But im heading to oz for seeding in the next ten days and in my time in nz when i was on tbe tractors for full days i noticed i used to be stiff as in the evenings even though i used to get down for a walk on the hour just to stretch out. I was just wondering have ye got any tips for me so i dont sieze up over the next 10 weeks?

If there's a solution to this I wanna hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

If there's a solution to this I wanna hear it

So tis inevitable so

Better living everyone

So tis inevitable so

I was just putting it down to my crash causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I see on fb there's a video of stretches to do while in the cab. If I find it I'll link it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I hate tractors for that reason, to work long hours on them you need to be in your twenties

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Few push ups are great for your back if driving or sitting for long periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There's no real way around it bar changing seat position regularly, and getting down more often for a little walk. Ya might be lucky in Oz and be on something with GPS steering and big fields. So ya could go for a jog beside it as it moves along :)

wrangler wrote: »
    I hate tractors for that reason, to work long hours on them you need to be in your twenties

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There's no real way around it bar changing seat position regularly, and getting down more often for a little walk. Ya might be lucky in Oz and be on something with GPS steering and big fields. So ya could go for a jog beside it as it moves along :)

Till you twist your ankle, and have to hobble along behind and watch as it heads for Kalgoorie 2000 miles away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Nope.

You're just after saying they're wrecking you,
    For your back you couldn't be in worse than a tractor.
    You need only look at the lorries and the seats in them and the cab is suspended and the chassis is on suspension.
    And that's just for the level road.

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    You're just after saying they're wrecking you,
    For your back you couldn't be in worse than a tractor.
    You need only look at the lorries and the seats in them and the cab is suspended and the chassis is on suspension.
    And that's just for the level road.

No never said it was damaging my back. I do be just stiff after a while in the cab. The air seat helps. Ya don't just have to be in your 20s. Some lads enjoy the misery and some don't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Anyone know of a good case ih braker around? Looking for a few bits for a 956xl. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anyone know of a good case ih braker around? Looking for a few bits for a 956xl. Thanks

McDonagh up in Kesh, Co. Tyrone.

Neighbour got the entire top transmission casting for a 955 last week, and the price was very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Grueller

Pat Gregan in Tara Hill, Gorey, Co Wexford

Grueller wrote: »
    Pat Gregan in Tara Hill, Gorey, Co Wexford

Thanks very much

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    McDonagh up in Kesh, Co. Tyrone.

Neighbour got the entire top transmission casting for a 955 last week, and the price was very reasonable.

Thanks very much, got what I needed between the two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I saw a MF375 today near Armagh. With only 574 hours on the clock. It was absolutely mint. Originally came from France. Current owner is putting about 2 hours a week on it

Record chopping yesterday with the 2 harvesters. Put in 3,350 tonnes in 11 hours. Starting to dislike these big new hollands

Record chopping yesterday with the 2 harvesters. Put in 3,350 tonnes in 11 hours. Starting to dislike these big new hollands

Why

• Advertisement

]

Why

The transmission is very clunky between gears and forward and reverse. Cab is small, no place for tools or even to put your boots. I don't really like the lay out of the gears. I was driving a versatile earlier in the week and I preferred that .A/C is good in it alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement