Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Joe Hannigan @ 3/1 is my bet, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

My predictions seat wise:

1xFF (Cahill)
    3x Ind ( Lowry,McGrath, Hannigan)

Not sure on last seat... I suspect it'll go to Alan Kelly for a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Joe Hannigan @ 3/1 is my bet, great value.

Who's doing 3/1 dan?

If SF are supposed to be getting this almighty poll boost then they would have to take a seat here but I guess history and low performance compared to the polls would go aginst that and he should really be 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Hannigan now at 13/8 on PP, Healy out to 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mattie was on the streets of Tipperary Town this evening. Was in great chatting form.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Mattie was on the streets of Tipperary Town this evening. Was in great chatting form.

Don't think Ahearn will get many votes around Tipp Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Lowry mattie Kelly Cahill and hanigan was my original prediction ,hasn’t changed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

tipptom wrote: »
    Don't think Ahearn will get many votes around Tipp Town.

Not off the lefties on Facebook anyway!
    However fg took 4 of the 7 seats in the LEA last local elections. There’s plenty fg voters there. Whether they go Aherne or Newman is another thing!
    Can’t see Browne getting anywhere close. Completely unknown outside the LEA and lost his council seat last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Glad to see Mattie McGrath and Joe Hannigan weren't awarded their costs for the High Court action they rushed into.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/two-politicians-withdraw-legal-action-over-tipperary-vote-1.4164039

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Advertisement

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Lowry mattie Kelly Cahill and hanigan was my original prediction ,hasn’t changed

I'm sorry but who even is Joe Hannigan?
    I'd never heard of him until his leaflet came through my door and tbh I wasn't impressed with 'Jo e Hannigan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Predict an embarassment for Tipp myself

2 FF
    2 FG
    1 Labour

Mattie,Goldsboro
    Lowry,Ahearn
    Kelly

:o

Hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Garrett Ahearn won’t get a seat. His ego is worse than Kelly.

Lowry
    Mattie
    Cahill
    Alan Kelly
    Hard to say if Seamus Healy will get in.

If Seamie Morris was running this time, he’d have got it this time. Him and David Doran were the ones building up Sinn Féin in Tipperary for years.

If Seamie Morris was running this time, he’d have got it this time. Him and David Doran were the ones building up Sinn Féin in Tipperary for years.

You never know Seamie behind a Hannigan vote, I see he hopes SF do well overall just not in Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I'd never heard of him until his leaflet came through my door and tbh I wasn't impressed with 'Jo e Hannigan'.

He's a publican from Kilbarron and a former County hurler.
    Politics wise he's a councillor in the Nenagh area, and was the only Tipperary candidate from the part of Tipp that was thrown into Offaly last time.
    He received over 5,000 first preference votes in that election, but didn't receive many transfers from Offaly voters and was eliminated on the 4th count (finishing 6th).

He's also the chairman of the Tipperary County Football Board, and was the driving force behind the Thomas McDonaghs club and the growth of football in the Northern part of the County.
    His son George played midfield for the Tipp Footballers for many years.

He'll be very popular in the northern 3rd of the County and around the Nenagh area. A big thing for him will be how he does south of Nenagh and north of Thurles. That's an area he'll need to get transfers from. Beyond there and particularly in the South (unless they're football people) most probably won't have a notion who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well said Mattie!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Well said Mattie!

You said I was Mattie on Tuesday.

It's getting like Spartacus :)

Big Ears wrote: »
    He's a publican from Kilbarron and a former County hurler.
    Politics wise he's a councillor in the Nenagh area, and was the only Tipperary candidate from the part of Tipp that was thrown into Offaly last time.
    He received over 5,000 first preference votes in that election, but didn't receive many transfers from Offaly voters and was eliminated on the 4th count (finishing 6th).

He's also the chairman of the Tipperary County Football Board, and was the driving force behind the Thomas McDonaghs club and the growth of football in the Northern part of the County.
    His son George played midfield for the Tipp Footballers for many years.

He'll be very popular in the northern 3rd of the County and around the Nenagh area. A big thing for him will be how he does south of Nenagh and north of Thurles. That's an area he'll need to get transfers from. Beyond there and particularly in the South (unless they're football people) most probably won't have a notion who he is.
    Exactly. That's me :)
    This constituency is too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Good weather in the early part of the day will have suited candidates who have the support of the grey brigade.

Bad weather and darkness will have discouraged many half hearted supporters.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/2020/0208/1113979-turnout/

Wrong again!!

Xenophile wrote: »
    Good weather in the early part of the day will have suited candidates who have the support of the grey brigade.

Bad weather and darkness will have discouraged many half hearted supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Turnout was around 60% at one of the Polling Stations at 6.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

digzy wrote: »

Maybe you would like to tell me what is 'Wrong again'

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Maybe you would like to tell me what is 'Wrong again'

The turnout isn’t down on last time. Despite the weather which you suggested would keep ‘half hearted voters’ at home ....
    You deal with anecdotes, I deal in facts!!

Prediction suggests Labour lose 2 seats hopefully Brutal and AK47

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Anyone at the count centre? I've never been at one before, can anyone go in to observe or do you have to be affiliated with one of the candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Anyone at the count centre? I've never been at one before, can anyone go in to observe or do you have to be affiliated with one of the candidates?

I don't know about Tipp but generally speaking they are not public events.
    You need a pass usually arranged through candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭dogcat

The latest tallies are in at #Tipperary . Lowry leads at 16% followed by Browne (SF, 11%), McGrath (IND, 10%), Jackie Cahill (FF, 9%), and then Kelly (LAB, 8%)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I hate to see Lowry do so well - I think we as a County should be better than that - IMO our political representatives should be held to a higher standard and not be crooked or have a strong whiff of brown envelope about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Lowry, Sinn Fein and Mattie McGrath... Once again, Tipperary the laughing stock of the country, and that's saying something when there are the likes of the Healy-Raes in Kerry :mad:

Advertisement