Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Ososlo wrote: »
    That's fantastic! Anyone know if they're going to go?
    Surely Moosehead could help with sponsorship!

Cathal will be in Beijing for Worlds. Would have been interested had there not been a clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Cathal will be in Beijing for Worlds. Would have been interested had there not been a clash.

Ah shame. Hopefully Thirstywork can do it???

We'd better have a whip round to buy him a tee-shirt if he decides to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Whatever! 68 second PB off no training. I'm going to make a mockery of that National Record next year. When I do I am going to declare for another country that appreciates me! I won't have 25 miles in the legs over the previous 36 hours either. Under sub 5.40 or bust. Where's my bloody invite? They should be sending me to gain some big game experience!

Haha! Trash talk for 2016 is already underway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Haha! Trash talk for 2016 is already underway!

Sound like a man whose been training:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Sound like a man whose been training

I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Who is takin the 5k entries,so I can reg ye...this day two weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

Is our Irish Champ or 1 of the Top 3 heading to World Beer Mile in SF in August ?

If not - we could make entry €20/head next year with cash going to cover travel costs of our champ or travelling rep to the World Beer mile...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ron Gomall wrote: »
    Is our Irish Champ or 1 of the Top 3 heading to World Beer Mile in SF in August ?

If not - we could make entry €20/head next year with cash going to cover travel costs of our champ or travelling rep to the World Beer mile...

€200 won't get you very far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

€200 won't get you very far!

Not even for Superman?

http://youtu.be/Qe8RGKk2m4I

Josh Harris drops a 4:56 in prep for World Classic. Under the current WR and equals a pending WR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

http://youtu.be/Qe8RGKk2m4I

Josh Harris drops a 4:56 in prep for World Classic. Under the current WR and equals a pending WR.

I hate to say it about our favourite Beermiler but he doesn't appear to have finished all those beers, particularly the 3rd one :eek:

menoscemo wrote: »
    I hate to say it about our favourite Beermiler but he doesn't appear to have finished all those beers, particularly the 3rd one :eek:

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm sure he'll go faster in San Francisco anyway.

ah mostly froth, maybe a little more left in 3rd bottle all right.

The fact he has a drinking glove has impressed me greatly :)

ah mostly froth, maybe a little more left in 3rd bottle all right.

The drinking glove is class alright :D Hope he comes through in the worlds. When's it on and will there be live coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Sales of drinking gloves set to sky rocket in line with Moosehead sales in Dublin around midsummer 2016...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm going into the drinking gloves business. Buy one get one free up until March 2016. Comes with 2 free Moosehead beers

* Buy one get one free is limited to one per person. The Free glove will be left handed and may be used and have holes in it. The Beers will be out of date. No Refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

send them over to Josh Harris & get him to autograph a bag full

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Am gonna predict that unfortunately he'll be denied an official WR due to the beer left in the bottom of the 3rd bottle.
    Having said that, its the first time I've seen that tactic used (close up look from camera) rather than the turning on his head before discarding it.

In fact, do the rules state that you must turn it upside down on your head?
    If so, then he could be ruled out on that basis.

Still think he'll be unbeatable at worlds.

• Advertisement

Am gonna predict that unfortunately he'll be denied an official WR due to the beer left in the bottom of the 3rd bottle.
    Having said that, its the first time I've seen that tactic used (close up look from camera) rather than the turning on his head before discarding it.

In fact, do the rules state that you must turn it upside down on your head?
    If so, then he could be ruled out on that basis.

Still think he'll be unbeatable at worlds.

It's not something you can do in a timed race given the number of runners but in a solo time trial it's certainly more proof of having finished a bottle than tipping it over your head. So in the spirit of the beermile it's cool provided you have finished the beers (a certain amount of froth is allowed). I have seen other guys post similar videos.

That said the official WR holder James Nielsen drank from cans in a solo time-trial and neither poured (all) of the cans over his head nor had any camera close-ups to prove he drank them. So who knows what the powers that be deem acceptable....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

How the pink bananas did he do that solo??!! Can't wait to see the WCs, whoever has the wr now better enjoy it...it is going to be demolished in Beijing...

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    How the pink bananas did he do that solo??!! Can't wait to see the WCs, whoever has the wr now better enjoy it...it is going to be demolished in Beijing...

Beijing. HAHAHA. Now that would be something to strive for, to have it included as part of the IAAF's showpiece.

Nah, the World Classic is in San Francisco on 22 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Beijing. HAHAHA. Now that would be something to strive for, to have it included as part of the IAAF's showpiece.

Nah, the World Classic is in San Francisco on 22 August.

Haha :o oops I really thougt it was in Beijing (separate event/occasion of course!)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Haha :o oops I really thougt it was in Beijing (separate event/occasion of course!)

The Chinese haven't quite embraced the beer mile as of yet, judging by the lack of anyone from there in the all time top 1000. :)

The Chinese haven't quite embraced the beer mile as of yet, judging by the lack of anyone from there in the all time top 1000. :)

still alcohol is a drug and I guess some competitors (maybe 35% of them) will be consuming drugs for their races ;)

That didn't last long :eek:

Things really hitting up for the World Classic now. Was that a cinder track he ran on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Is there not a bit too much left in the third bottle there also? Beer 3 seems to be the hardest. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Saves a good bit of time by not emptying the beer over his head, is that not in the rules? At least this was in an actual race, not a fan of WR's being handed out based on runs where only the competitor and his significant other is present.

Advertisement