Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Itziger wrote: »
    There are a couple of comments I want to make after watching the video but this place is a bit 'conservative' and I'm projecting a new-man of the 21st century thing these days.

Shame really.

Please share. I'm used to critical feedback from yourself. Always welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Itziger wrote: »
    There are a couple of comments I want to make after watching the video but this place is a bit 'conservative' and I'm projecting a new-man of the 21st century thing these days.

Shame really.

Fook the new man image. It's torn up anyway by posting something like that. ;) Man up and post the comments !

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

OK so I've uploaded the results. These are editable so if you would like me to make amendments send me a PM. Specifically with your age, beer etc. I won't be editing comments unless I can think of anything humorous to add ;)

Link for race

I'll give it a few more days and then I'll try and get the results made official. I'll make sure I have all info first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

OK so I've uploaded the results. These are editable so if you would like me to make amendments send me a PM. Specifically with your age, beer etc. I won't be editing comments unless I can think of anything humorous to add ;)

Link for race

I'll give it a few more days and then I'll try and get the results made official. I'll make sure I have all info first

Class - love the comments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like Cathal smashed the old Blue Moon record and TW2 took the Moosehead one too.

Those links have now been updated so we can claim the moosehead and Bluemoon WR's :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Please share. I'm used to critical feedback from yourself. Always welcome :D

You do know I'm talking about the 35 min female Harvard effort.

Game, swears, drinks, 'runs', lets her hair down.

Inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Link for race

Throw down Moosehead for my beer. It's currently blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Chivito550 wrote: »

+1

Same for me. The best thing about that beer is that I only have to drink that p1ss once a year! Managed to pick up the last one in Dunnes, Cabinteely on Saturday. They must have had a rush on it :)...........

+1

Same for me. The best thing about that beer is that I only have to drink that p1ss once a year! Managed to pick up the last one in Dunnes, Cabinteely on Saturday. They must have had a rush on it :)...........

Funny thing is I've never drank one normally, other than half a bottle as a cool down on Sat, at which point you'd drink anything. I went through 17 bottles of the stuff over the course of one week, all chugged.

A mate of mine told me today that he bought a 6 pack of Moosehead a few months back. He had one bottle that day. The other 5 are still in the fridge. Nuff said.

I honestly didn't find it that bad :)

• Advertisement

I honestly didn't find it that bad :)

Sounds like you should have one of these :o instead of :)

kit3 wrote: »
    Sounds like you should have one of these :o instead of :)

No that's a great big :) for next time. Beer training will be done very easily !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

17 of them Chiv! Does anyone else notice how the amount of specific practice ya do for the beermile is inversely proportional to how well ya do :p

Timmaay wrote: »
    17 of them Chiv! Does anyone else notice how the amount of specific practice ya do for the beermile is inversely proportional to how well ya do :p

Pretty sure Meno had far more and he nailed a PB. My issue was having a powerade laden stomach going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Timmaay wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice how the amount of specific practice ya do for the beermile is inversely proportional to how well ya do :p

Humm - I did no practice of the beer drinking and came last, so perhaps the proportional rule applies!.

The first beer and lap where ok, think i got out in about 6/7th place. The second beer was fine but i lost a few places on the 2nd laps due to my choice of running attire. The third beer was very slow while on the third lap i suffered from gas and heat issues again related to 3 beers and running attire. I had to lie down before even attempting to start the 4th beer, there was a bit of very loud belching but no puking. I was 'touch and go' about doing the last lap but i saw vanderlyle finishing last, and thought 'screw him, i'm going to be last' so when off for the slowest lap ever.

I guess i disrespected the beer mile and it crushed me.

Pretty sure Meno had far more and he nailed a PB. My issue was having a powerade laden stomach going in.

Yeah, I skulled close to 40 Mooseheads and coronas in training :eek:

emerald007 wrote: »
    Humm - I did no practice of the beer drinking and came last, so perhaps the proportional rule applies!.

The first beer and lap where ok, think i got out in about 6/7th place. The second beer was fine but i lost a few places on the 2nd laps due to my choice of running attire. The third beer was very slow while on the third lap i suffered from gas and heat issues again related to 3 beers and running attire. I had to lie down before even attempting to start the 4th beer, there was a bit of very loud belching but no puking. I was 'touch and go' about doing the last lap but i saw vanderlyle finishing last, and thought 'screw him, i'm going to be last' so when off for the slowest lap ever.

I guess i disrespected the beer mile and it crushed me.

So you were the moose??
    I watched again today and couldn't believe it. You actually were well ahead of me going into the last beer transition. I knew you had finished last, so specifically looked out for you every time the camera panned. It's kind of funny looking at you hunched over about 6/7 minutes after completing your third lap (Sorry! :P). It's mad to see how well you were going until that final nail in the coffin beer :pac:

p.s. I did tell people not to mock you (until they'd tried it themselves) as you went out on your final lap

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

This is great. Ironically, she ran a faster beer mile than any Irish female in the country this year... <and me>

There's got to be plenty of Irish ladies who can go sub 10 & take the National title, the runner in the video never did a penalty lap for spewing...

Looking forward to the ladies champion next year, could even be a sub 8

Btw - who won the 50k Donadea entry & has to complete it next February ?

Ron Gomall wrote: »

Chivito :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Ron Gomall wrote: »

I'll have to double check with top 3, but I reckon DogSlySmile as he finished 4th and expressed an interest beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

I'll have to double check with top 3, but I reckon DogSlySmile as he finished 4th and expressed an interest beforehand.

Well if no one else wants it, i'll take it off your hands. Wouldnt want it going to waste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

And for me too please!

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Very happy with the result, as sub 9 was the goal going in and I was considerably better than that. Disgusted Little bit disappointed I didn't beat meno though. Delighted to finish ahead of some top athletes, especially KU who lapped me last year. I think we have to recognise that anyone (KU, Chivito, Timaay) who ran a race in lecheile earlier that afternoon seriously underperformed though, so it's a bit of a hollow victory. Those races obviously took a lot out of the lads.

Until next year.......

Think you are being a bit harsh on yourself there. You ran 8:27 which is exactly what my PB is. I ran that on a synthetic track wearing spikes. It is highly unlikely that I could have broken that PB at the National Beer Mile Stadium had I not been racing earlier that day, wearing runners on the cinder. Maybe 8:40ish at best. Timaaay had a shocker last year too, and I don't think he was racing before that one, so you probably would have taken him anyway aswell.

Think you are being a bit harsh on yourself there. You ran 8:27 which is exactly what my PB is. I ran that on a synthetic track wearing spikes. It is highly unlikely that I could have broken that PB at the National Beer Mile Stadium had I not been racing earlier that day, wearing runners on the cinder. Maybe 8:40ish at best. Timaaay had a shocker last year too, and I don't think he was racing before that one, so you probably would have taken him anyway aswell.

I can't believe you're being nice to me after the abuse I was giving you in Sinnotts the other night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm just sh1te at chugging and burping ha, can't really blame the 800 in my legs. Don't know how I can improve this ha, maybe your just born with that skill, bit like the Africans are good at running ha, but in any case it's a great event, epic banter, and a serious challenge whether your doing sub6 or 15mins!

The winner has been invited to the worlds

https://twitter.com/ClassicBeerMile/status/611737557542436864

The winner has been invited to the worlds

https://twitter.com/ClassicBeerMile/status/611737557542436864

Epic. Pity it clashes with Beijing.

Think thirstywork deserves an invite too.

Epic. Pity it clashes with Beijing.

Think thirstywork deserves an invite too.

Agreed, he hadn't run in a month before the beermile and has arguably more potential.

We should let them know. :)

Thirstywork has now also been invited to the worlds. It'd be good to have an Irish team compete at the highest level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Thirstywork has now also been invited to the worlds. It'd be good to have an Irish team compete at the highest level.

That's fantastic! Anyone know if they're going to go?
    Surely Moosehead could help with sponsorship!

Advertisement