Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Base price wrote: »
    That is where I was trying to log onto. It looks like LSL is down which isn't good as I cannot log onto any marts.

Not good at all!! My two meant to come in in the next ten so can't really do much but wait & hope it comes back on soon. Fcuk them & their level 5 restrictions in marts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Not good at all!! My two meant to come in in the next ten so can't really do much but wait & hope it comes back on soon. Fcuk them & their level 5 restrictions in marts.

It's a horrendous balls of a solution atm and it's placing extra stress on everyone involved. I don't see why a set number of buyer's couldn't be let around the ring in a responsible manner as has been the case for the last few months.. The cattle could still be sold subject and there's no need for the seller's to be on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

16 livestock marts and one machinery auction should be running now with LSL :mad:

It's a horrendous balls of a solution atm and it's placing extra stress on everyone involved. I don't see why a set number of buyer's couldn't be let around the ring in a responsible manner as has been the case for the last few months.. The cattle could still be sold subject and there's no need for the seller's to be on the premises.
    Only the regular buyers/dealers will get a place ahead of everyone else. We have been buying online since the option became available. If it wasn't there I wouldn't bother going to a mart. Online bidding has added competition to the market that was never their before to the benefit of the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I personally walked out a mart because I didn't feel safe there, I made my feelings known to the manager who only shrugged her shoulders ,

week before I left nice them a nice cheque, and I know some of the people around ring the hadnt bought there in weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭MfMan

16 livestock marts and one machinery auction should be running now with LSL :mad:

Thought it was just myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Tileman

MfMan wrote: »
    Thought it was just myself....

Yea was switching between mart bid and lsl and couldn’t get back into lsl. Some loss if business. They will go on all night if they get them fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The few jobbers around the ring will have a field day today ,swings and roundabouts indeed .During the lockdown in the spring you could barely give calves away in the local mart .By the time marts reopened in June ,they had the internet set up and it put E100 extra on most calves all trough the summer .The sale this week was the dearest for the Autumn with mad online bidding .I read that more then 50% of the cattle sold this week in Kanturk went North!!

cute geoge wrote: »
    The few jobbers around the ring will have a field day today ,swings and roundabouts indeed .During the lockdown in the spring you could barely give calves away in the local mart .By the time marts reopened in June ,they had the internet set up and it put E100 extra on most calves all trough the summer .The sale this week was the dearest for the Autumn with mad online bidding .I read that more then 50% of the cattle sold this week in Kanturk went North!!

I didn't think any buyers were allowed at the ring today, jobber or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

What will happen now with LSL down ...will the sales be postponed till it is back up and running again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Tileman

I didn't think any buyers were allowed at the ring today, jobber or not?

Looking at Cashel online and the auction we commentary would suggest there is one or 2 at ringside out of view of camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Just got text from local mart. LSL system down nationally. Oh boy !!!

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

You will get a phone call after they have gone through, asking if you are happy with the price obtained, you can reject the price at that point. Good Luck with them..

You will get a phone call after they have gone through, asking if you are happy with the price obtained, you can reject the price at that point. Good Luck with them..

Ah but the Daddy wants to see them in the ring. Auld fellas......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭morphy87

What happens then, the sale can’t continue till it’s sorted? Some of these I T problems can be hard and slow to fix,what happens if it can’t be sorted today?

I see on the dairy chitchat thread that a special dairy sale that was suppose to go ahead today on LSL has been postponed. The farmer has to take all his cows back home.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115041527&postcount=1400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

The Vegans hacked the Interweb.
    Gozunda has stirred the **** too often.

Only the regular buyers/dealers will get a place ahead of everyone else. We have been buying online since the option became available. If it wasn't there I wouldn't bother going to a mart. Online bidding has added competition to the market that was never their before to the benefit of the seller.

Online is like all technology in that it's great when it works. I'm told LSL is down nationally atm, surely you were better with ringside bidding in conjunction with online bidding.

I think it's back working. Picture of the mart floor from Carrigallen.

Online is like all technology in that it's great when it works. I'm told LSL is down nationally atm, surely you were better with ringside bidding in conjunction with online bidding.
    Yes but only if all buyers have access to the ringside as opposed to a select few.

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    I personally walked out a mart because I didn't feel safe there, I made my feelings known to the manager who only shrugged her shoulders ,

week before I left nice them a nice cheque, and I know some of the people around ring the hadnt bought there in weeks

That's your own personal decision and I'm not going to argue the point. However I definitely wouldn't envy a mart managers role atm. It's a demanding job at the best of times but Covid has added a whole extra workload that never existed beforehand. Will those sales affected resume today or will they be called off? There'll be some row before that's all straightened out.

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

It's working now but when I went to choose my account to bid there is nothing there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Any minute now. (like the KerryGold add)

Sods law, soon as I post that it came back!

Yes but only if all buyers have access to the ringside as opposed to a select few.

That would be an even better solution but I suppose they'll have to draw the line somewhere. The seller's would then be canvassing to be allowed in and it snowballs from there. I'm not biased against anyone and everyone's money has the same value. When you spend 6 day's a week at this craic and see first hand how pointless a lot of these restrictions are it gets very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭morphy87

During a sale are people allowed on the premises but not ringside? How are Marts going to accommodate older people that can’t bid online? As these seem to be good customers, would allowing these on site and a member of staff bidding online work do you think?

Sods law, soon as I post that it came back!

Aaaand gone.

Back on again.

• Advertisement

morphy87 wrote: »
    During a sale are people allowed on the premises but not ringside? How are Marts going to accommodate older people that can’t bid online? As these seem to be good customers, would allowing these on site and a member of staff bidding online work do you think?

That's already happening to a degree but it ties up staff and is another job that didn't exist before Wednesday. It becomes complicated in the office afterwards as you could have numerous lots into the one online account that have to be transferred afterwards. This is problematic if your dealing with numerous client's and it reduces down competition for stock if there's only a few lads buying for numerous other people.

Advertisement