Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there a release date?

AUGust 23rd

Really like that trailer. Nothing groundbreaking with dialogue changing at the end of a mission but still a nice touch. Gonna do the usual or sneaky sneaky charm attack but his grouesome kills are nice once in a while too.

A novel is being released to link events from Human Revolution to Mankind Divided. Will be released on August 23rd, same as the game. Pity it won't be released even a few weeks earlier.

https://www.deusex.com/news/DX-Black-Light

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    August 23rd

If it's to bridge the two stories then that's bloody stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You have to give it to them, they know how to hype up the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

They have a great story in their hands here, I hope they nail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I hope we have someone less annoying that Pritchard talking to us in between missions.

Deus Ex Go

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach is an innovative game mode, included for free with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This new take on the game offers, for the very first time, an arcade approach on the gameplay of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, providing players with a connected puzzle shooter experience. As a Ripper, a hacker in the year 2029, your objective is to obtain and sell highly classified corporate data by infiltrating some of the world’s most secure servers, using the funds you acquire to upgrade both your skills and arsenal.
    As you play, the rewards you earn, including XP, credits, and booster packs, will allow you to face the increasing difficulty of the game. Challenge yourself, your friends, and people from around the world in the ultimate Deus Ex arcade twist. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach is a live game mode, introducing new challenges and features by rolling out updates on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Really Looking forward to this,the only thing i didn't like about the last game were the ridiculous Boss battles..

• Advertisement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-08-deus-ex-mankind-divided-gets-new-online-challenge-mode-microtransactions
    As for those microtransactions, Marty says they'll be sensitively handled. "It's going to be light, because we want players to be able to go through the game without spending any money.

Ufbr5ej.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Maybe I'm looking back on Human Revolution with rose tinted glasses but from the footage I've seen from E3 of Mankind Divided, it looks like very little has been improved upon in terms of animations, physics, graphics or gameplay. If you were to tell me what was shown was running on a 360 I'd believe you.

The AI seem to move in the same way too and even the takedowns all seem the same / a little messy. Was it stated this is built off the same engine as HR?

Im a huge Deus Ex fan but have been left a little disappointed with the E3 showing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its a different Engine, HR was using Crystal Dynamics "Crystal" engine, Mankind Divided is using the "Dawn" engine, which is based off I/O Interactives Glacier 2 engine (which Hitman 2016 uses)

Trophies announced. This one in particular sounds good :)

Pacifist:
    Complete the game without killing a single soul. .. Bosses are people too.

Full list here
    http://m.imgur.com/a/sauSp

Trophies announced. This one in particular sounds good :)

Pacifist:
    Complete the game without killing a single soul. .. Bosses are people too.

Full list here
    http://m.imgur.com/a/sauSp

Great to see they didn't recycle the achievements from the last game :rolleyes:

Actually the pacifist one glitched on me in HR like it did for many , still a bit bitter about that one.

Sickner to go through the whole game and it glitch like that but at least the bosses sound completely different now.

Sickner to go through the whole game and it glitch like that but at least the bosses sound completely different now.

Yeah thats an odd one, last time it was no kills but the bosses or more specifically "Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand" I was thinking they might go the same way but find an indirect way like they did in dishonoured.

Hope it's not a case of speech checking your way out of a boss fight or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Love "The Mechanical Apartheid" concept! Great idea!!!

Slightly OT but for anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix, the theme music sounds really familiar and it keeps reminding me of Deus Ex music but can't find a similar track. Anyone know of a specific Deus Ex track that sounds like this?

Sounds like the main menu music from Human Revolution (mixed with some Jack Wall and Vangelis. ^_^ ).

I can actually still remember when I heard this music first, and losing my head over how much I loved it. Even the sound of the 'beep' from pressing 'start' was in key with the music. Beautiful.

Starts at 6 min.

• Advertisement

Aaaaand, completely forgot this is out in 3 weeks time. Nice! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Speaking of soundtracks....Always thought this was really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone know when reviews are dropping for this ? I hope it's going to be good but looks a bit to similar to human revolution.

According to this, Aug 19th around 2pm out time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What gives with Sony and the late pre loading compared to other platforms. PC and Xbox can always pre load days ahead of PS4. Regardless of the file size Playstation gamers are given 40hrs or less to preload a game. Even with auto download turned on my PS4 I still have to manually start pre loads which is a pain. Especially with the very slow PSN download speeds to add to the woes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

IGN Germany gave Deus Ex: Mankind Divided a
    8/10

I've been looking forward to this all year but anything I've seen of it lately looks very generic and nothing is standing out to make me want it on release day. For me, only games I'm interested from now til November are NBA 2K and the new Tomb Raider so it's not like I have a ton of choice. Will prob still get it but not too excited about it atm.

I'd go with that. It looks grand, is the best I have. Almost Human Revolution 1.8 or something. I'll definitely play it, I love the setting and general story.

Considering I haven't really played or been interested in anything since Witcher 3, I think I might get it asap, so long as I can get a decent price on it somewhere. I'll wait until more reviews come through.

• Advertisement

4gb day one patch. **** saaaaaaake.

Advertisement