Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I finished Mankind Divided last night. Thoroughly enjoyable game and definitely up there (possibly better than) with Human Revolution. The ending, imo, is quite similar to Human Revolution in the sense that:
    The Illuminati are still pulling the strings and have yet to be exposed
    , but Mankind Divided promises to now take Adam Jensen to the main enemy. I am a fan of slow-burner, complex, political conspiracies (not the tinfoil kind, more like the Clancy/LeCarré sort), so this feels like the start of something much bigger. Perhaps something along the lines of a Mass Effect trilogy. I started New Game+ and I enjoy being a total death machine! :D According to Steam I put in 31 hours, but I did take my time and explored everywhere. Very satisfied, a strong follow-up to HR and it has left me wanting more.

9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Azza wrote: »
    I got 20-25 hours out of the single player campaign and am on a second play through so I reckon I more than got my value's worth out of it. Felt just as long as HR to me. Although the ending did feel very abrupt.

If you've ever played the original you'd realise how short changed we were.
    One boss fight, a half finished story does not constitute a full game to me.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Blazer wrote: »
    If you've ever played the original you'd realise how short changed we were.
    One boss fight, a half finished story does not constitute a full game to me.

Beat the original 3 times. Its one of all time favorite video games.
    This wasn't as good as the original but it was still a good game, I don't know what the number of boss fights has to do with constituting a full game, it could of had none or 10....it would not have made an difference too me.

As for the story, the end was abrupt and it left too many plot strings hanging but its biggest sin in my opinion was the story was boring.

But I knew by how far away in the timeline from the original game we are that we were not going get any closure on the Illuminati story line.

Rumor has it that this is the first part of a trilogy and the next two games will be released with much smaller gaps between them now that the developers have an engine nailed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boring, that was my major complaint about it, I just didn't care about any of the characters in it. I was playing GTA v at the same time and story wise it was miles better and involved me a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with this?

I played through the section previous to this
    inside the neural subnet thing
    thinking it was some kind of weird design choice. Wrecked my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Lads,

I'm on PS4 just bought the season pass from psn store but I can't seem to access in game? Has anyone had this trouble? No sign of dlc system rift or praxis points anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Lads,

I'm on PS4 just bought the season pass from psn store but I can't seem to access in game? Has anyone had this trouble? No sign of dlc system rift or praxis points anywhere?

The Praxis Kits will be in the 'Storage' section of your Inventory. I'm not familiar with the PS4 control scheme, but pull up your inventory in-game and in the bottom right corner of the screen you should see an option for 'Storage'. As for the System Rift DLC, I believe you need to go into 'Jensen's Stories' on the main menu to access it.

Might be worth keeping in mind: the extra praxis kits, credits, etc., are one-time use only. The moment you move them from your storage to your inventory they are then bound to that savegame. So, if you start a new game you won't find them in your storage on subsequent playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Falthyron wrote:
    The Praxis Kits will be in the 'Storage' section of your Inventory. I'm not familiar with the PS4 control scheme, but pull up your inventory in-game and in the bottom right corner of the screen you should see an option for 'Storage'. As for the System Rift DLC, I believe you need to go into 'Jensen's Stories' on the main menu to access it.

Thanks man, however I've just noticed that system rift dlc is delayed until the 27th in EU There goes my Saturday night game plans. Off to pes so :-)

Finished System Rift.
    Its solid if unspectacular. Gameplay wise there is small new hub but the bulk of the mission is infiltrating another large Palisade Bank although this one isn't as good as the one in the main game, its still a fun mission. Its not particular long, probably around 3 hours.

Story wise again its a side story that doesn't really go anywhere but at least Francis is a welcome addition as he has a bit of personality. Even Jensen is slightly less one note when he's interacting with Francis.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems to be available in my Steam store... though the reviews have put me off it tbh!

• Advertisement

At 2-3 hours long it is a bit over priced.

I'd advise waiting for a discount, the question is will you still feel liking playing the DLC when its eventually discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game has crashed 4 times tonight when trying to do the The Last Harvest mission. Enjoyable game but Christ, it is the buggiest thing I've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hey, I was under the impression I would be able to add/remove attachments to/from weapons on the fly, rather than having to bring up the inventory, and customise the weapon from within the inventory. Having to do it via the inventory kinda breaks the flow of the game.

Is there a way to do this in the heat of battle, a la Crysis, and if so how? I'm playing on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Think its Y on the PC for that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you go to the shooting range theres even a long and possibly overly explicit explanation of everything you can customise the guns with :)

But yeah, holding down Y should do it on PC.

Anyone else find the theatre in Dvali territory very reminiscent of the Ragnarok nightclub mission in Max Payne 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

member Max Payne 2 :o

member Max Payne 2 :o

no no member 80's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Where's the best value for this for the xbox one at the moment.

Just finished human revolution again so looking to go straight into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The ending ...
    was a bit crap. Little conversation in your home followed by some news that didn't really seem to summarise what you did throughout the game very well. Yawn.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    The ending was kinda ****e. I get the feeling they are trying to establish a trilogy so that they can release a few games that follow on from Mankind Divided's story. There were lots of threads that never were resolved. There was a lot of references to Rabi'ah but the player never got to visit it for example - and there was no further interaction with the Jinn after the intro mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

13.99 for the regular version on psn sale. Just picked this up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jones wrote: »
    13.99 for the regular version on psn sale. Just picked this up

You was robbed. Only 6.49 for a physical copy in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

You was robbed. Only 6.49 for a physical copy in Argos.

I hate physical disks though I'm too lazy to keep getting up and changing the disk (sad I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Amazing how little love this game gets. A Criminal Past is probably the best DLC that I’ve ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Travesty that the deus ex ip is now dead after the embracer fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Yeah felt like they had really developed great gameplay mechanics although the story was a bit of a mess (some of it due to the fact that the game was the middle part of a trilogy). Pity that’ll it’ll not be built upon.

The Palisade bank in the main game, the System Rift and A Criminal Past missions were superb.

Advertisement