Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have this pre ordered on Steam, love this series of game. Out 23rd according to Steam

The DC edition of Human Revolution was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What were the main differences in the directors cut? I heard they changed bosses but how so? I only played the base version of the game and thought it was excellent except for the boss fights, so this should at least be more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What were the main differences in the directors cut? I heard they changed bosses but how so? I only played the base version of the game and thought it was excellent except for the boss fights, so this should at least be more of the same.

The Director's Cut changed the boss fights in a way that allows the player to defeat the boss without killing him/her. It also incorporated the Missing Link DLC into the main game, afaik. Details:
    The Missing Link is a DLC that takes place during the main campaign. In the story of the main game, Jensen gets on a ship and hides away in a preservation tank and wakes up a few days later at his destination. The Missing Link DLC features the interim period where the player thought Jensen just slept for the journey when, in fact, he woke up and did some ass kicking. I believe the Director's Cut edited The Missing Link into the narrative so it is seamless and you play the Missing Link as it was meant to be played, i.e. during the main campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What he said ^^

Your stealth build could beat the bosses without resorting to violence. It was a big enough complaint that the DC was made because of it.

Also stupid idea in the 1st place to force you to fight the bosses.

Ah yes, I remember looking up the Missing Link before. Jaysus, talk about cutting out a chunk of the game to charge for it separately.

Anything I've looked at so far of MD, the players or devs are showing guns-a-blazing, I think that's why it looks a bit boring to me. I saw a couple of stealth vids but the majority is all action. I would definitely go the stealth/non-violence route heavily leaning on talking my way into/out of places. Anyone know when they review embargo is up? I'm guessing the IGN German score was announced for gamescom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ah yes, I remember looking up the Missing Link before. Jaysus, talk about cutting out a chunk of the game to charge for it separately.

Anything I've looked at so far of MD, the players or devs are showing guns-a-blazing, I think that's why it looks a bit boring to me. I saw a couple of stealth vids but the majority is all action. I would definitely go the stealth/non-violence route heavily leaning on talking my way into/out of places. Anyone know when they review embargo is up? I'm guessing the IGN German score was announced for gamescom?

It's up tomorrow at around lunchtime I believe.

Funny thinking back how the plan was to release this with all the nonsense tiering of pre-orders and in the end they thankfully saw sense!

Very very excited about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What he said ^^

Your stealth build could beat the bosses without resorting to violence. It was a big enough complaint that the DC was made because of it.

Also stupid idea in the 1st place to force you to fight the bosses.

Yeah, iirc they outsourced the boss fights. Madness. Got my ass handed to me because I went the pacifist's route.

What made it all the more galling was that you got more experience and rewards for going non-lethal.

The boss fights will be under heavy scrutiny in tomorrow's reviews I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Edge, flying free and easy on the basis of print deadlines, has given it a 9.

More importantly, they have written words about it. Such as:
    This confident refinement of Human Revolution's potent, though flawed, proof of concept has resulted in one of the most elaborate video game sandboxes in which we've ever had the pleasure of getting lost

It devotes time to the bosses too, describing debates with some game characters as 'social boss battle'. Apparently there is a more 'traditional' boss encounter too, albeit one 'you can tackle however you like'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In fairness, it's impossible to really do a good stealth video. My stealth playthroughs typically consist of me waiting in one location to check out every ones path, and then moving on, which would be a really really bad youtube video.

Really looking forward to buying this in a years time with all the DLC included.

True i suppose. Trailers for syndicate put me off as our was very actiony but i found it was the best stealth AC in years. Speaking of, might just trade that and the division in for this, should get it cheap enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Missing Link was one of the worst game experiences I've ever had. They take away all of your gear and upgrades and force you to start off from nothing again. You get tons of stuff back but it's so frustrating. I had been playing largely pacifist until then, but I was so annoyed I went out of my way to kill everything that moved. I was delighted that one of the characters actually called me a butcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

How closely tied is it to Human Evolution? I'm quite interested in it but I don't want to have to slog my way through a PS3 game first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pickpocket wrote: »
    How closely tided is it to Human Evolution? I'm quite interested in it but I don't want to have to slog my way through a PS3 game first.

It's set after it. Here are recap videos for the first game

It's set after it. Here are recap videos for the first game

Brilliant. Thanks!

But if you get a chance, give it a shot. ;)

(seriously though, on easy, avoiding side missions and guns blazing, you'd fly through it.)

sheep? wrote: »
    (seriously though, on easy, avoiding side missions and guns blazing, you'd fly through it.)

I think I will actually. It's dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If you actually play it you'll see it's not like that at all. I played the vanilla version of the game recently, moving to the DLC after I had finished the game and it's quite obvious it was developed separately. The weapon and aug stripping that Zillah mentioned is one thing but there's also some fairly obvious environmental design differences across many of the areas that differ quite drastically from the main game. Even the boss fight at the end has more in common with the reworked encounters featured in the Directors Cut. Add to the fact that none of the events in the episode are referenced later in the game, even in the DC once it had been reintegrated into the game, and we're left with a fairly obvious bit of standalone content.

Of considerably more interest are the areas that were simply cut due to budget constraints. Upper Heng Sha in particular could have been a sight given the glimpses of it we see in the cutscenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My copy from thegamecollection has just been dispatched so hopefully I have it by Sunday

I caved and ordered mine this morning from GC aswell, also just dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I also bit the bullet and ordered from the game collection. Peeked at a view scores last night mainly the previously mentioned edge score. It swung me to go for it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Review embargo is up.

PC Gamer - 88.
    Eurogamer - Recommended.
    GameSpot - 8.
    GamesRadar - 4.5/5
    Polygon - 8.5
    IGN UK - 9.2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sheep? wrote: »
    I caved and ordered mine this morning from GC aswell, also just dispatched.

Same here, just cancelled my Amazon order from last year. GC were cheaper too, placed the order an hour ago and it just shipped. I'll be using them in future and ditching Amazon for games.

Can't wait to get stuck in now, love my cyber punk games and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Falthyron wrote: »
    Review embargo is up.

PC Gamer - 88.
    Eurogamer - Recommended.
    GameSpot - 8.

pstrophies and xboxachievements.org sister sites gave is 88 "Impressive"

So far I'm happily shocked of the high scores as all the release material so far looked like a copy and paste of the last game but more run and gun. I love the Deus Ex series and was thinking they might have messed this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Falthyron wrote: »
    Review embargo is up.

PC Gamer - 88.
    Eurogamer - Recommended.
    GameSpot - 8.
    GamesRadar - 4.5/5
    Polygon - 8.5
    IGN UK - 9.2

This is good news to get after the No mans sky flop.

Mostly 8's, must be garbage, will wait til it's on sale for a fiver :cool:

Most reviews seem to be singing the same tune, minor niggles that don't ruin the game and stuff that didn't work last time fixed. Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Will grab it after I come back from America but the reviews seem like it is a slight improvement on Human Revolution which is great! Looking forward to playing it, will be a nice distraction when I go back to Uni!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Most reviews seem to be singing the same tune, minor niggles that don't ruin the game and stuff that didn't work last time fixed. Sounds good to me.

Ill definitely be picking it up at some point,loved the last one,but ive one hell of a backlogue to get through..including Doom and UnCharted 4..so will have to wait..

Not usually pushed on video reviews as they can give a good bit of things away but glad I watched a couple for this.

I checked with Gamestop and they are offering 32 euro for both Division and AC Syndicate. They are selling Deus Ex for 75 and TGC is selling it for €42.60. Did ye use parcel motel or regular post? Might just order from them and keep my 2 games!

• Advertisement

Feck it, just ordered with TGC. Came to a total of €43.70 incl delivery and £1 off with discount points. Small bit better than €75 :)

Advertisement