Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Does anyone still have Aguero?

Am I mad for still having him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

24.7% of all players. 860514 players.

You are not mad:D

I have my doubts and I don't think I will keep him for long tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Yip I still have him(holds hand up reluctantly).

It might be time to cut loose. His recent record does not look at all good. 2 points in each of his last 4 games (LEI, bur, WBA, cry). Those are teams that he should really have been putting to the sword. The thing is though is that if any player is capable of an explosive GW he is.
    I think his form is more a symptom of the lack of confidence in the Man City team at the moment. It's not one or two players underperforming; it's the whole squad! Losing 2nd spot at the weekend can't have been too good for team morale either. I don't think City will turn that around any time soon either under Pellegrini. I think the time is nearing when I'll have to cut my losses and run. Both Aguero and Silva will be on the chopping block. The money invested in them would be better spent elsewhere.

Palace, Arsenal, Villa, Utd (in form teams) and Chelsea with the DGW are all teams I'll be looking at to draft in replacements for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

FHFC wrote: »
    Now another prominent Jonah goes for one of my options!

Coleman it is so! :D

Well I did captain Benteke this week so my luck might just be changing!!! You might be wise to stick with Bainsey! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Shipped out Aguero for Rooney yday eve,and see Kun lost.1 last night,happy days;)
    Going to capt Rooney for derby match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I want to give him one more chance. From looking at the games, he definitely has goals in him. By all means he isn't playing badly, he's just been horrifically unlucky. There's only so long a player can go through an unlucky patch without questioning themselves however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have 2 free transfer so thinking of doing the following:

Costa ---> Remy
    Ozil ----> Sanchez
    Rose ----> Coleman

That will leave me with enough next week to get Sterling in for Eriksen possibly. The other alternative is Sturridge now for Costa but I don't fancy tying up 11.1 in a striker just back from injury and mis-firing massivily.

Davis

-- Alder -- Terry -- Coleman

-- Sanchez -- Hazard -- Silva -- Eriksen

Aguero -- Kane -- Remy

Myhill, Bruce, Cork, Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2 free transfer so thinking of doing the following:

Costa ---> Remy
    Ozil ----> Sanchez
    Rose ----> Coleman

That will leave me with enough next week to get Sterling in for Eriksen possibly. The other alternative is Sturridge now for Costa but I don't fancy tying up 11.1 in a striker just back from injury and mis-firing massivily.

Davis

-- Alder -- Terry -- Coleman

-- Sanchez -- Hazard -- Silva -- Eriksen

Aguero -- Kane -- Remy

Myhill, Bruce, Cork, Bellerin

I wouldn't do the Ozil to Sanchez one. Arsenal have a blank in GW33 and Chelsea in GW34 so seems a waste of a -4 to be honest. The Sterling transfer is only an option if Liverpool lose tonight. Otherwise they have a blank in GW33 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

I knew Rooney had a decent derby day record BUT agueros is actually better!
    a goal every 90 minutes !!!
    going to keep him anyway and benteke for the week.
    may even play 433 and start bellerin over Silva and bank the transfer????

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I have him.
    You are not mad (I think :)).

I am planning on keeping him for next four fixtures barring injury in the hope he picks up form. He is actually a big differential for me in my league. I didn't think I would be saying that. The problem is I also have Silva, and currently with the form City are in that looks too much.

Also, I have Austin and looking to replace him now. I was hoping to bring in Costa but looking at Remy now depending on a Costa update.

Replacing Austin is more of a priority for me than replacing Aguero. On current form that sounds ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

I have aguero and plan keeping him. Not many big strikers that seem essential; kane giroud in two weeks; maybe costa or sturidge if injury free; rooney tough fixtures
    Problem is the fear of what he could do. Capable of getting two goals against anyone and always captain material.
    I think keeping aguero is a safe option; but if you are chasing its a risk worth taking.
    Silva is on the chopping block tho

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So, when Liverpool lose this evening (and they will lose) - their fixture for GW 33 goes ahead as normal ?

Going to stick with Aguero. He has been very unlucky and the other question is who would I replace him with? There are no stand out candidates - Costa injured, Rooney has poor fixtures - and he is the sort of player who could bang in 3 once the first goes in.

Thinking of saving my FT this week. Would give more freedom in GW33 to replace Sanchez and Austin.

Rikand wrote: »
    So, when Liverpool lose this evening (and they will lose) - their fixture for GW 33 goes ahead as normal ?

IF they lose the GW33 game goes ahead.

I think they will win and then get turned over by Villa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »

I don't see why it wouldn't. Hopefully that won't be the case though! I NEED ME MORE DGW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Plan was to bring Mignolet in this week. Now he conceded 4 at the week-end. I remember people saying here that Skrtel injury was bad news for Liverpool defense. Should I look somewhere else then? Or was it just a one off with Arsenal finishing strong the season?

iroced wrote: »
    Plan was to bring Mignolet in this week. Now he conceded 4 at the week-end. I remember people saying here that Skrtel injury was bad news for Liverpool defense. Should I look somewhere else then? Or was it just a one off with Arsenal finishing strong the season?

Leaving aside the fact that 4 were conceded, it's that fact that Mignolet was at fault for two of them that'd worry me if I was bringing him in.
    He should have saved the free kick imo and he made a bit of a meal of attempting to save the Sanchez shot. It was straight over his head. Powerful shot no doubt but Mignolet never got near it iirc
    Could he be dropped again?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Did Aguero to Rooney last night. Not completely comfortable with this but a gameweek drop from 5,000 to 8500 has focused my mind somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 14m14 minutes ago
    Cesc Fabregas has travelled to Italy to have surgery on his broken nose making the midfielder a doubt for Sundays' clash against QPR #CFC

I'd hold out on the Fabregas transfer till the presser If your planning on bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

G1032 wrote: »
    Leaving aside the fact that 4 were conceded, it's that fact that Mignolet was at fault for two of them that'd worry me if I was bringing him in.
    He should have saved the free kick imo and he made a bit of a meal of attempting to save the Sanchez shot. It was straight over his head. Powerful shot no doubt but Mignolet never got near it iirc
    Could he be dropped again?????

He definitely won't get dropped. He also made 2 brilliant saves at the start of the game and his form has been excellent since his blip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

He definitely won't get dropped. He also made 2 brilliant saves at the start of the game and his form has been excellent since his blip.

Watched a clip of him in training last night and over a few minute period didnt save 1 shot: lambert and balotelli and all those heavy weights made look very poor.
    Agree he is playing well; but could done lot better sat and with him and/or troure there we will concede most matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I've to get rid of one of Gibson or Naughton at least. I think I'll keep Gibson as he's cheap and can just play 4 at the back on gameweek 33. I'm currently thinking of getting in Jagielka (Stones is in my mind too but i'm not as certain that he's a sure starter and seems to be less of an attacking threat and less likely to get bonus points). The alternative choice in my mind is Schlupp, any thoughts? Schlupp vs Jag?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

shano_88 wrote: »
    Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 14m14 minutes ago
    Cesc Fabregas has travelled to Italy to have surgery on his broken nose making the midfielder a doubt for Sundays' clash against QPR #CFC

I'd hold out on the Fabregas transfer till the presser If your planning on bringing him in.

Hmm...

If he misses the next game, he misses the last opportunity for a yellow card to cost him two games.

I've just realised I've no goalie for GW33!

Who is best keeper for remainder of season?

Howard? (Although I'll probably buy Baines and won't double up on Everton defense)

Fabianski?

Heaton?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Howard? (Although I'll probably buy Baines and won't double up on Everton defense)

Fabianski?

Heaton?

I'd be tempted to go courtoius in ur situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd be tempted to go courtoius in ur situation.

Slight chance Cech might get a game or two when it's sewn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

True I have him and I'm going to get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭langer91

I stupidly didn't wait and brought in Costa before all his injury woes.

I have Costa, Arry, and Giroud up front. i've decided to do a -4 and bring in someone for Costa. Can someone recommend a striker to me I dunno who to pick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Fabianski?

Heaton?

I have Panti as my only keeper and might just take the 0. Otherwise, Kelvin Davis, Mignolet(no DGW), or Schmeichel were in my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye will probably happen but the op needs a keeper for 33 and then he has him for the dgw. Depends who his other keeper is As he can play him if Cech gets gametime. The Leicester keeper would be another probably better option .

Advertisement