Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have Terry and Hazard. Instead of bringing in Oscar or Remy, who I simply don't trust to play all the DGW games, I'm thinking of bringing in Ivanovic. Now obviously that means 2 chelsea defenders. Is that a bit mad?!

I could bank and make the decision next week and we might know a bit more about Costa vs Remy, but Chelsea have QPR this weekend, so could be a good time to get Ivan in if I'm going to get him.

For the DGW, Liverpool have good midfield options (Sterling/Cout/Hendo), so I could go for 1/2 of them instead of Oscar/Cesc.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have Terry and Hazard. Instead of bringing in Oscar or Remy, who I simply don't trust to play all the DGW games, I'm thinking of bringing in Ivanovic. Now obviously that means 2 chelsea defenders. Is that a bit mad?!

I could bank and make the decision next week and we might know a bit more about Costa vs Remy, but Chelsea have QPR this weekend, so could be a good time to get Ivan in if I'm going to get him.

For the DGW, Liverpool have good midfield options (Sterling/Cout/Hendo), so I could go for 1/2 of them instead of Oscar/Cesc.

Any opinions?

Chelsea have been leaking goals lately conceding in 4 of the last 5, and in 2 of their last 3 away. Meanwhile QPR are freescoring especially at home and going for it attacking wise as they can't defend. I'd be more confident getting an extra Chelsea attacker than a second defender if piling up ahead of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any opinions?

I'd probably get a Liverpool attacking player instead of another Chelsea defender. Its better to wait just in case of injury too. Sterling/Cout/Henderson looks good to me. Sterling>Countinho>Henderson for points and the opposite way round for value!

FHFC wrote: »
    Chelsea have been leaking goals lately conceding in 4 of the last 5, and in 2 of their last 3 away. Meanwhile QPR are freescoring especially at home and going for it attacking wise as they can't defend. I'd be more confident getting an extra Chelsea attacker than a second defender if piling up ahead of the weekend.

Yes I'm very concious of the Chelsea leaky defence - I have Terry! :roll eyes:

However, I'm thinking more of his potential to return attacking points. As you say, QPR have to go for it, so I'd see them as pretty vulnerable to Ivan raiding down the wing.

Edit: If you were to bring in a Chelsea attacker, who would you go for out of interest?
    Fab: not in great form?
    Remy: as far as I know, there's been no update on Costa, so Remy may not play both in the DGW if Costa is back
    Oscar: haven't seen much of Chelsea recently, but don't think Oscar is in great form? Plus they have Willian/Cuadrado etc who could eat into his gametime.

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd probably get a Liverpool attacking player instead of another Chelsea defender. Its better to wait just in case of injury too. Sterling/Cout/Henderson looks good to me. Sterling>Countinho>Henderson for points and the opposite way round for value!

Yes I was actually thinking I could still get 2 Liverpool attackers.

That would leave me with Terry, Ivan, Hazard, Sterling + Couts/Hendo for the DGW without taking a hit.

• Advertisement

Yes I was actually thinking I could still get 2 Liverpool attackers.

That would leave me with Terry, Ivan, Hazard, Sterling + Couts/Hendo for the DGW without taking a hit.

That looks pretty good for no hits!

Yes I'm very concious of the Chelsea leaky defence - I have Terry! :roll eyes:

However, I'm thinking more of his potential to return attacking points. As you say, QPR have to go for it, so I'd see them as pretty vulnerable to Ivan raiding down the wing.

Edit: If you were to bring in a Chelsea attacker, who would you go for out of interest?
    Fab: not in great form?
    Remy: as far as I know, there's been no update on Costa, so Remy may not play both in the DGW if Costa is back
    Oscar: haven't seen much of Chelsea recently, but don't think Oscar is in great form? Plus they have Willian/Cuadrado etc who could eat into his gametime.

I'll be looking at Fab, but not for this week. I don't think I'd get any of them for this week for the reasons you give and Fab also has the yellow card situation.

Fab has assisted in each of his last two games scoring 5 & 7 btw so his form is improving and I've seen Busts suggest he'll play further forward against QPR and Man U, although I've not taken the time to find out why that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll be looking at Fab, but not for this week. I don't think I'd get any of them for this week for the reasons you give and Fab also has the yellow card situation.

Fab has assisted in each of his last two games scoring 5 & 7 btw so his form is improving and I've seen Busts suggest he'll play further forward against QPR and Man U, although I've not taken the time to find out why that may be.

Arsenal A in the DGW I would think he's nailed to play the #10 role with Matic and Ramires behind him. He's my preferred Chelsea third slot if he can avoid the yellow on Sunday.

Arsenal A in the DGW I would think he's nailed to play the #10 role with Matic and Ramires behind him. He's my preferred Chelsea third slot if he can avoid the yellow on Sunday.

I'm pretty certain I'll be going that way now too, hadn't intended to but its the best way to maximise my DGW players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mourinho has played him as 10 instead of oscar in a fair few of the tougher games this season. Arsenal away is almost definite IMO and a fair chance of UTD at home. Cant see him do it for the qpr game although he did start as 10 against hull recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm not in love with bringing Studge in but do people expect Remy to start every match even if Costa is completely crocked? Drogba started against Villa when Costa was suspended and came on for Remy against Everton with the match 0-0. Drogba also has a fantastic record against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not in love with bringing Studge in but do people expect Remy to start every match even if Costa is completely crocked? Drogba started against Villa when Costa was suspended and came on for Remy against Everton with the match 0-0. Drogba also has a fantastic record against Arsenal.

He's 36 though. I think Mourinho needs to keep Remy on side. He'll be there next season as a squad member.,I don't know if Drogba will be.

I'm 90% decided on going with Remy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Today's announcement means I need to get moving quick.
    I have Costa and Naughton out, leaving only one Chelsea (Hazard) and no liverpool.
    I was planning on replacing Costa this week and Naughton next, which would have left me exactly 11 playing in GW33, but I think I will now do Costa to Gomis and Naughton to Ivan and take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Are folks holding onto Austin for this GW or selling?

I think I want to sell but no idea who for.

Are folks holding onto Austin for this GW or selling?

I think I want to sell but no idea who for.

A lot seem to be switching to Remy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

jimmii wrote: »
    A lot seem to be switching to Remy.

That's really the only option I can see. Berahino (LEI) or Gomis (EVE) worth a go?

Team currently is:

Davis Myhill

Terry PVA Wolly Bertrand Hutton

Hazard Sanchez Silva Sterling Boyd

Austin Aguero Kane

Have 2 FT and 1.6m ITB. Any ideas? Austin to Remy? Or get rid of Aguero or Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster/Myhill
    Terry-PVA-Bertrand-Schlupp-Naughton
    Sanchez-Hazard-Boyd-Eriksen-Silva
    Aguero-Kane-Austin

2FT and 0.7M in the bank.

Can do a straight swap of Austin to Remy and that'll leave 0.0 in my bank. Probably need to ship on Naughton too..

Any feedback appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

How likely is aguero to drop tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

honeybear wrote: »
    How likely is aguero to drop tonight?

He's predicted to go down tomorrow night. Doesn't look likely that he'll go down tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Remy would be the obvious choice but there is no guarantee he's going to get game time as much as some think.

There have been many folk jumping on players this season expecting them to play and then they don't - example Walcott - (will play when fit) Sturridge (won't play in cup defo saved for league) and we've seen time and time again, that what we think will happen often doesn't.

Vardy for example is in form, and gets his game - cheap and will allow you to upgrade somewhere else - like Have fab/hazard and chelsea defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I reckon kun will come good the weekend. I've had him since gw2, confident that if he'd stay fit he would sky rocket me up my money leagues, he did it, then ofcourse he was no longer a differential.

I was singing his praise here on boards as early as gw2, predicted the sergio storm that will no doubt hit our shores again before the season's up. :)

Keep the faith as said previously he's been unlucky, but he's a big game player who has a pretty impressive record vs united. On the other hand, it might not be a bad thing that people are jumping off the kun ship for his owners.

Well capable of bagging a hat trick v anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I've bought Schlupp in for Naughton. Eriksen is still an issue but I'll probably hold him until I see if Fabregas gets another yellow. Don't really know what to do this week, tbh. It's a bit of an awkward one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I reckon kun will come good the weekend. I've had him since gw2, confident that if he'd stay fit he would sky rocket me up my money leagues, he did it, then ofcourse he was no longer a differential.

I was singing his praise here on boards as early as gw2, predicted the sergio storm that will no doubt hit our shores again before the season's up. :)

Keep the faith as said previously he's been unlucky, but he's a big game player who has a pretty impressive record vs united. On the other hand, it might not be a bad thing that people are jumping off the kun ship for his owners.

He is killing me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Got in Remy for Giroud.

Bit of a risk, but I feel Aguero will score at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

How does this tentative plan look for the upcoming weeks

This week: Austin -> Gomis, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Naughton -> Schlupp, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34: Bertrand, Eriksen & Sanchez -> Skrtel, Henderson & Coutinho/Fabregas, -4.

It gives me: Skrtel, Schlupp, Terry, Hazard, Henderson, Coutinho (or Fabregas) for -4.

Decent provisional plan? Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've a 30 point gap to overturn and by holding on to him he has become a differential. Depsite the last few weeks, he'd be my ideal pick as a differential. Rival has made it hard on himself to swap him back in so I'm hoping to see a return to form.

Alanhooly wrote: »
    How does this tentative plan look for the upcoming weeks

This week: Austin -> Gomis, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Naughton -> Schlupp, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34: Bertrand, Eriksen & Sanchez -> Skrtel, Henderson & Coutinho/Fabregas, -4.

It gives me: Skrtel, Schlupp, Terry, Hazard, Henderson, Coutinho (or Fabregas) for -4.

Decent provisional plan? Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

Who are your goalies? I'd be reluctant to sell Bertie, would Mignolet be an option. I know Skertl is good for a goal and if I put you off him he'll almost certainly score.

PARlance wrote: »
    I've a 30 point gap to overturn and by holding on to him he has become a differential. Depsite the last few weeks, he'd be my ideal pick as a differential. Rival has made it hard on himself to swap him back in so I'm hoping to see a return to form.
    PARlance wrote: »

My season is kinda counting on it at this stage too! The fact City are in danger of 3rd or 4th will hopefully mean they will have to go for it.

Same hopefully applies to Liverpool who are in very last chance saloon for 4th, I'm hoping they will hockey Newcastle this weekend.

I'm also hoping Eriksen will come good a bit, someone said earlier in the season about him that he's a player you have to stick with long term as he's so streaky, if you get him in after a good run he's nearly sure to blank a few, and then start scoring as soon as you sell. Since I've not had the luxury of selling him with so many other fires to put out I'm hoping this proves true as they also have to hit hard and hope for an outside chance at 4th with no more slip ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Current Plan:

This week: Austin -> Murray, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Sanchez-> Fabergas, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34 - DGW: Eriksen & Kane(!!) -> Sturidge and Sterling

Thoughts, advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

FHFC wrote:
    Who are your goalies? I'd be reluctant to sell Bertie, would Mignolet be an option. I know Skertl is good for a goal and if I put you off him he'll almost certainly score.

I have Pantilimon & Krul. I think I may even have enough in the bank to keep hold of Bertie but still draft Skrtel in. Not sure if I'd bother with Mignolet. It's going to be a crucial dgwk. I only want to take 1 hit max so ill probably follow a similar plan as outlined but mix & match the players a bit..

Advertisement