Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DJKendo wrote: »
    I'm liking the look of Eriksen --> Fábregas for next week. Him & Hazard the two guaranteed FF points scorers if Costa is out for a lengthy period. I'll wait till next Saturday to make the change after which hopefully Fab will have dropped to 9.1 milly.

Yeah Fab, Haz, Ivan looks the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Who would you bring in for cazorla? Other mids are hazard, Sanchez, Silva and ameobi. Currently thinking (in order):
    Fabregas
    Sterling
    Mata
    Siggy
    Henderson

qwabercd wrote: »
    Who would you bring in for cazorla? Other mids are hazard, Sanchez, Silva and ameobi. Currently thinking (in order):
    Fabregas
    Sterling
    Mata
    Siggy
    Henderson

Fab looks the one alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

spock. wrote: »
    Gomis might be worth a punt for a couple of weeks.

Yep, looks like he is finding his form/confidence and the Swans have a good run coming up.
    I'll look to double/triple up on Chelsea in midfield and defence I think. I'll have no shortage of ££££ anyway.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yep, looks like he is finding his form/confidence and the Swans have a good run coming up.
    I'll look to double/triple up on Chelsea in midfield and defence I think. I'll have no shortage of ££££ anyway.

Its crazy I can't recall any time in the past going with all <9m strikers but not it looks the best way to go. Very strange season. I have 6m in the bank that was meant for Costa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 2 FTs. Either of the following; Giroud in for Austin, Sterling in for Eriksen or K.Davis in for Heaton.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Have 2 FTs. Either of the following; Giroud in for Austin, Sterling in for Eriksen or K.Davis in for Heaton.

Wouldn't go giroud before the blank. None of those really jump out as a must do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Fab looks the one alright.

if he gets booked against QPR he misses 2 games

km79 wrote: »
    if he gets booked against QPR he misses 2 games

Ah sure he'll be grand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Remy is a good differential, might get him in if Aguero blanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sterling? wouldn't be going near any Liverpool players for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Brought Costa in this week, not sure who to transfer him out for. Kane and Aguero are my other two strikers so these are the ones on my watchlist:

Remy
    Pro: Upcoming DGW in GW34; potentially good differential; 2 goals in last 2 games; would allow a defensive upgrade to Ivan for the DGW
    Con: Don't trust him to start every game

Rooney
    Pro: Good form; playing up front again; United have recovered their form
    Con: Tough upcoming fixtures

Giroud
    Pro: Incredible form; Arsenal playing great football
    Con: Blank in GW33

Austin
    Pro: Potentially a return to good form with his performance vs. WBA
    Con: A blank in GW33 and generally tough fixtures for the rest of the season

Weighing those up, I'm strongly considering Remy. Another option is to go for a cheap replacement, switch to 3-5-2 and go for another heavyweight midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm going to do Costa-->Gomis.
    Leaves me with 8.1m in the bank :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster-Myhill
    Terry-PVA-Naughton-Schlupp-Bertrand
    Hazard-Sanchez-Silva-Eriksen-Boyd
    Aguero-Kane-Austin

Have 2 FT and 0.7m in the bank.

The plan was to downgrade sanchez and upgrade Austin to Costa but that idea has been scrapped now... Need to get a replacement for Austin after he has served me well.

Due to Austins rise last night I have enough to go Austin to Remy straight to leave 0.0 in the bank.. Worried about Remy's gametime though...

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sterling? wouldn't be going near any Liverpool players for the foreseeable future

Why not? He really should have score yesterday but still got an assist. Always looks dangerous and will play higher up when Sturidge doesn't play. Also, nice upcoming fixtures; NEW, hull, wba, QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling everyone including myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

sheroman01 wrote:
    Why not? He really should have score yesterday but still got an assist. Always looks dangerous and will play higher up when Sturidge doesn't play. Also, nice upcoming fixtures; NEW, hull, wba, QPR.

Wait until after they play Blackburn on wednesday. If they win, they'll have a blank in gw34.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Seriously tempted to just cut the whole first team. That's how disappointed in them I am. I'll need some serious thinking this week, no more random selections...Hmm...Charlie Adam did something? My red arrow sense is tingling!

right now I'm considering banking it ........eriksen has a good fixture next week and Bentekes possible replacements don't so I think I'll wait assuming no injuries ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Will wait to see how City (Aguero in particular) performs before making any moves. I hope I can bank it this week to have some safety net before GW33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jose is heaping praise on Remy, I'd expect him to start as long as Costa is out. How long Costa is out for is the question. He's only mentioned 2 weeks so far ("For sure a couple of weeks minimum. Let's see what happens.") which could see him back in the middle of the DGW. I suspect he'll be longer and if so Remy is a great option I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Brought Costa in this week, not sure who to transfer him out for. Kane and Aguero are my other two strikers so these are the ones on my watchlist:

Remy
    Pro: Upcoming DGW in GW34; potentially good differential; 2 goals in last 2 games; would allow a defensive upgrade to Ivan for the DGW

Rooney

Giroud

Austin

Weighing those up, I'm strongly considering Remy. Another option is to go for a cheap replacement, switch to 3-5-2 and go for another heavyweight midfielder.

Austin done the business but fixtures and a blank GW, means he's on chopping block
    Would you not consider Gomis? Is high on my list for 2 gw punt
    Then either revert to Costa of Giroud for the run in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Remy and then probably Giroud for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

skippy15 wrote: »
    Austin done the business but fixtures and a blank GW, means he's on chopping block
    Would you not consider Gomis? Is high on my list for 2 gw punt
    Then either revert to Costa of Giroud for the run in

He does seem like a potentially good two week punt, but I just don't trust Swansea enough to maintain decent form (or indeed Gomis, who had a pretty poor return prior to the last two games). But that's also to do with my circumstances - even though I've had a poor run and a slide down the global rankings I've maintained leadership in my main private league, so from here on out I'm looking for the safe options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

He does seem like a potentially good two week punt, but I just don't trust Swansea enough to maintain decent form (or indeed Gomis, who had a pretty poor return prior to the last two games). But that's also to do with my circumstances - even though I've had a poor run and a slide down the global rankings I've maintained leadership in my main private league, so from here on out I'm looking for the safe options.

Issue is with costa injured and sturidge still short match time and potential blank gw 34 not lot great options for third spot (aguero and kane a given).. so either giroud for few weeks with no gw 33 and upcoming double. Or for me gomis then have option of costa/ giroud for gw 34 onwards

Currently thinking of Sterling and Remy (maybe Giroud) in for Eriksen and Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

The Costa injury leaves a tough call for most teams! With him out for at least 2 matches it leaves punt options or one match solution.

I think giroud is the safe transfer on team n individual form but the blank in 33 means u'd have to bench or transfer again! I'm gonna try remy n I was wildcarding for dgw anyway, can fix it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It all depends on the extent of the Costa injury and we have only sketchy info so far. If Costa likely to be out for 3 weeks or more Remy is a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Remy

Rooney

Giroud

Austin

After licking my wounds for the last 48 hours, I started thinking about this as well. I also came up with Gomis (as mentioned above), Sturridge (highly dependent on Wednesday and whenever the hypothetical DGW is), and Vardy (:o). The Arsenal supporter in me just wants to get Giroud in and hopefully leave him there for the rest of the season. The sensible option is probably Remy although I don't trust he's nailed. The fcuk it all punty part of me wants to go Vardy. In spite of his low shots per game (1.2), he's been scoring decently in FPL and has played the full 90 mins the last three matches. He also looked quite good on those MOTDs (I'll admit I haven't watched a Leicester match since Arsenal played them). However Pearson rotates constantly so I don't trust his nailedness and Leicester are shite.

• Advertisement

After licking my wounds for the last 48 hours, I started thinking about this as well. I also came up with Gomis (as mentioned above), Sturridge (highly dependent on Wednesday and whenever the hypothetical DGW is), and Vardy (:o). The Arsenal supporter in me just wants to get Giroud in and hopefully leave him there for the rest of the season. The sensible option is probably Remy although I don't trust he's nailed. The fcuk it all punty part of me wants to go Vardy. In spite of his low shots per game (1.2), he's been scoring decently in FPL and has played the full 90 mins the last three matches. He also looked quite good on those MOTDs (I'll admit I haven't watched a Leicester match since Arsenal played them). However Pearson rotates constantly so I don't trust his nailedness and Leicester are shite.

add Murray to that list if he looks decent tonight......
    and possibly bony after next week
    can forget about bony now too risky

Advertisement