Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's all leading to the main event of Summerslam, Macho Mandow Vs Axelmania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Holy crap that's actually brilliant.

Can't possibly be what they're going for then. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The current feud of Mandow & Axelmania vs the Ascension is pretty gas to be honest.

Savage and Hogan vs The Powers of Pain vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    The current feud of Mandow & Axelmania vs the Ascension is pretty gas to be honest.

Savage and Hogan vs The Powers of Pain vibes.

Its gas will last all of a few weeks. He needs a real gimmick,not one plagiarizing someone elses. I agree hes talented and he will entertain me, but hes capable of far better gimmicks/feuds.

Wonder if we will see changes next week:

ab8ea263c454480522b9b10fa795a9f6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cena get back in the main event programme sooner rather than later.

Also Rollins will be a little concerned that he may be taking some flack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I said a week or two ago I didn't think Rollins as champ was working. I do think he has it tough being assisted by two guys who are a comedy act and being made to look a complete geek whenever Stephanie is around.

He just doesn't have the presence yet imo. I think he will one day.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick the title on Reigns at the PPV. I had been under the impression that Rollins would carry the title until Summerslam where I figured he'd face off against Brock. But if Vince is doubting his ability to pop a rating then history suggests he won't be afraid to go in a radical new direction.

I wasn't interested remotely in the next PPV but these declining ratings suddenly have me very interested to see what way they go.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its sad that this week's Raw was actually very good, but that the focus on New Day, Ambrose being added to the main event, Sami's debut and a bit more focus on CesaKidd will be the parts they work to "fix", while continuing to put a heavy push behind Kane, Orton et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In regards to Damian Sandow. Guy is very talented but like Cody Rhodes, he's saddled with a gimmick that will go nowhere. Comedy gimmicks are never taken seriously in Vince McMahon's eyes. Just let them be themselves, and develop their own characters I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I said a week or two ago I didn't think Rollins as champ was working. I do think he has it tough being assisted by two guys who are a comedy act and being made to look a complete geek whenever Stephanie is around.

He just doesn't have the presence yet imo. I think he will one day.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick the title on Reigns at the PPV. I had been under the impression that Rollins would carry the title until Summerslam where I figured he'd face off against Brock. But if Vince is doubting his ability to pop a rating then history suggests he won't be afraid to go in a radical new direction.

I wasn't interested remotely in the next PPV but these declining ratings suddenly have me very interested to see what way they go.

Not quite sure if Rollins is or isn't working as champ. I watched half of the raw after mania and I've not watched anything since. Been reading recaps and spoilers but that's it. What I do know is that Rollins being made champ was done as an afterthought because they booked themselves into a corner with Reigns. I generally try to be positive about the WWE because after all I only watch it for entertainment but Mania season was a washout and I can't be the only fan left feeling jaded by the whole thing. The Bryan - IC Title push appears dead in the water, the Cena - US title open challenges have been meaningless due to booking him against Rusev at upcoming PPV's, Kane/Show ugh. I've also always been of the opinion that the European tour so soon after Mania is a death knell to any kind of post mania momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

All good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Definitely on the whole European tour thing anyway, having a taped Raw 2 shows later is dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

I thought this week was pretty good and think Rollins is carrying the belt very well,he has tonnes of heat.Who's the last proper heel that's gotten the same reaction he has?I'd have to say Punk (not including Rusev because his gimmick is just heat fodder)

If they put the belt on anyone besides Orton at the ppv I think it'd be madness.Doubt that Rollins is dropping it anytime soon because there's really no other top tier heels besides him right now,they're really in trouble in that sense because everyone's fought everyone else at this stage.

Ambrose would be a wtf moment and as awesome as it'd be to see him get it right now it's as wrong a time for him as it is for Reigns.Neither has a head of steam and Orton is the only one who doesn't really need momentum to be the champ because he's such a regular.

tbh they couldn't be doing much better the way they're presenting things right now.A mid-card Cena and a lot of wrestling on a 3 hour Raw is fine.They need to elevate the likes of Sheamus,Barrett and Ziggler to the title picture and things could get really interesting again around the the time Brock and (hopefully) Bryan get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think Ambrose is bring positioned a little higher up the pecking order so as to be a credible winner of MITB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I think Ambrose cashing in on Rollins would be fantastic

Surely we could see Sheamus win it to make him into the top-level heel that was rumored earlier?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Surely we could see Sheamus win it to make him into the top-level heel that was rumored earlier?

I honestly believed they've cooled on Sheamus already. It looks like he's settled firmly back into the mid card. A feud with cena for the U.S. title might be the best thing for him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bob Backlund reportedly cut a heel promo at the Gagne funeral. I can't think of a more appropriate thing to happen at a wrestling funeral.

Today would have be Owen's 50th birthday:

https://twitter.com/WDNcom/status/596355142917738497

Loughc wrote: »
    I honestly believed they've cooled on Sheamus already. It looks like he's settled firmly back into the mid card. A feud with cena for the U.S. title might be the best thing for him now.
    I would have liked to have seen him resume his feud with Daniel Bryan from 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

WWE and Martha Hart have come to some kind of agreement, and there's finally gonna be a DVD of Owen Hart 's greatest matches, as well as a documentary. Can't wait for this one:
    http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-planning-owen-hart-dvd-documentary/87400/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If that's agreed, I wonder if we'll finally get the HoF induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If that's agreed, I wonder if we'll finally get the HoF induction.

I really hope so. More deserving than a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I would have liked to have seen him resume his feud with Daniel Bryan from 2012.

I would say that was the plan. Til Sheamy injured him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why do people care about the Hall of Fame?

DM_7 wrote: »

Same people who think Tough Enough is legit and think Lita is actually, actually training people. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,114 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DM_7 wrote: »

Because it is a way for the industry to show respect for the legends who have gone before. Wrestling may be fake, but the sacrifices these people make are real so why shouldn't people care about something that is supposed to honour them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Because it is a way for the industry to show respect for the legends who have gone before. Wrestling may be fake, but the sacrifices these people make are real so why shouldn't people care about something that is supposed to honour them.

Yea because James Dudley and Jonny Rodz are super deserving of their places in the HoF. I dont see why ppl get worked up about it every year. Its WWE saying at this particular moment you are in our good books heres a HoF ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw a clip of Sabu's interview on Wrestletalk and he's not a fan of the HoF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

So... that Paige video...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement