Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

*Boxing Spoilers*

The WWE Universe lost a member:
    https://twitter.com/MichelleDBeadle/status/594736649289904128

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/594730860294893569

Michelle ignored Tyson's Hall of Fame induction and Steve Austin is her favourite Wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She has a bit of a point IMO, but I'm not defending her. Not two months ago was Triple H's wife tweeting about feminism and giving women a chance to succeed in the industry, and here he is worshipping a perrenial woman abuser.

Still, Beadle is an ignorant headcase and you're dead right with that last line, a tremendous hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Speaking of Lana they could be worried if they use CJ with those pics of her floating around of her with that name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sure it all depends on how useful you are to WWE in the present time. They could see past that.

There's this news too:

SEFOaHY.png

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/10/heres-something-you-didnt-expect-the-vince-mcmahon-center-for-women/

Very worthwhile gesture obviously prefer this over Susan G. Komen

• Advertisement

Such is their lack of depth Ambose and Harper is headlining their B Live Event lineups also ZAYN VS ROWAN:
    * Neville defeated Bad News Barrett

* The Primetime Players and Jimmy Uso defeated The Ascension and Heath Slater

* Damien Sandow defeated Bo Dallas

* Sami Zayn defeated Erick Rowan

* Ryback defeated Rusev with Lana

* Charlotte defeated Naomi with Tamina

* Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston with Big E lost against Tyson Kidd and Cesaro by disqualification in a tag team title match

* Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper in a No DQ match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reporting on him being an abuser and his history of violence against women got her and another female reporter banned from MGM Grand last night.

If she turns up at next years WM or HoF whatever journalistic credibility she wants to use in her reporting will be lost after that tweet to HHH imo.
    https://twitter.com/MichelleDBeadle/status/594535502159556608

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/594536450667974656

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Christ. It wasn't a placeholder. Straight from the official account. They've actually given him a WWE 2K15 Create-A-Wrestler theme, but stuck 'allelujah' in their again anyway for some reason. Maybe so you know it's him and not "Paddy the Rebel".

There's a Reddit rumour going around that Vince is going blind. Whether it is blind blind or he is just too stubborn to wear his glasses who knows. His peepers have to going he's 69 years old.

From the Roman Reigns doc:
    JointFailingAmericantoad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say it's Vince just being stubborn and refusing to wear his glasses, he's just goofing around with Brock in the Roman Reigns doc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Some may say that he's been blind in some ways for a very long time...

He counter theory is that it was just super sunny. Brock is wearing shades for example.

I just think he was recovering from his injections:
    CEQMDmtW8AM7sZs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    There's a Reddit rumour going around that Vince is going blind. Whether it is blind blind or he is just too stubborn to wear his glasses who knows. His peepers have to going he's 69 years old.

From the Roman Reigns doc:
    JointFailingAmericantoad.gif

His eyes have looked a bit Shawn Michaelsie for a while - like he has cataracts coming in or something

They edited out the curb stomp too:

cbgbnd.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Remind me again, why are we pretending that move never existed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Because in an age where the NFL is being sued for 100's millions of dollars due to repeated concussions and WWE have a very public tragedy in the recent past associated to them and concussions, having their new champ and a guy who has gotten mainstream publicity use a move where he stands on another persons head while driving it into the mat isnt wise from a publicity pov. Also its called the Curb Stomp and everyone knows the movie its associated with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Are they taking it off him O_O

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are they taking it off him O_O

It got taken off him a few weeks ago. Shame I really like the move but I can understand the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Surely the time to take the move off him is before deciding he's going to use it to win the title at Wrestlemania. Its not like anything changed between then and now.

I suppose going back to calling it Peace of Mind wouldn't have been good enough. Its a real shame cus he had gotten it over, looked excellent especially against Lesnar.

What is he using as a finish now?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

they will bring it back in a year or two dont worry :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Clemantis wrote: »
    What is he using as a finish now?

This mess of a pedigree/DDT move. Completely ludicrous and an empty gesture to remove a move in a worked sport where the opponent's head is a foot off the mat and controls how he hits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

A bad bump and you're concussed,are they gonna ban bumping soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe because it's Goldust, but I read that as "Perverse"

bradlente wrote: »
    A bad bump and you're concussed,are they gonna ban bumping soon?

I hear they're going to go the route of Tag Rugby, grab three tags off your opponent and that counts as a pin. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I couldnt care less. Sandow has enough talent to get over with his own character and he is capable of being so much more than a Macho Man imitation.

Also Ive seen this before with Jay Lethal and its nothing new either. Sandow will be most likely saddled with this gimmick and it wont go anywhere. Any good work he did with The Miz will be undone in a few weeks.

WWE creative really cant think of anything better for him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I utterly hate that after months and months, Sandow achieved zero progression, character wise, and is right back to where he began pre-Miz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

I dunno,I'd usually agree that it'll go nowhere but Sandow's done brilliantly with everything he's been given,starting to think no matter what he's given he'll make it work,guy just knows how to make chicken salad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement