Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Well since this is the Rumour thread I guess it's ok to post.

There were some leaked nudes doing the rounds on Twitter over the weekend involving these two.

Evans were taken from a gay hookup app while Eddies were allegedly sent to a transgendered wrestler.

No judgement from me. Live and let live but I just think it's weird that this seems to have become a "thing". First Seth and now these guys. Surely if you are a recognisable face this is a risk you take

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't even know the story but it'll be quite a while before anything tops that Kyle Walker one from the weekend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I just googled Kyle Walker video. I don't think I'll go any further with that piece of research.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Booker T saying things without thinking? *shocked*

https://twitter.com/WhatCultureWWE/status/593022228742197248

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »

What on earth was Booker thinking saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Can't imagine he ever meant in the context everyone seems to be putting it under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

It was obviously in the context of the Neville gimmick and getting him over,I thought it was fairly innocuous.JBL's comment beforehand was as stupid if not more so saying Owen was a high-flyer but not in that sort of way,it's pretty idiotic to go near the subject in the context of match action anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep, PC madness again. Only ***hole fans would immediately link the comment to Owen's death, and turn it into a big enough hoopla so he has to publicly apologise. Of course Booker referenced Neville's 'man that gravity forgot' moniker and was praising him for being a better high flyer than the great Owen Hart. It's sad that the complainers, no matter how ignorant and wrong, get so much power.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fitting Catch Phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

rovert wrote: »

Written down it looks awful but said out loud you can see how it was a genuine foot in mouth moment. And it's Booker, i'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that panel over the others any day.

Plus it's actually a great joke.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Any clip of the comment floating about?

I didn't watch Raw and can't find it online

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was edited out of the 90 mintue RAW on Hulu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They missed a trick not having this while Sandow was heel, now I'd say Barrett will win it.

shows just how predictable WWE is nowadays.

Kane being annoyingly good again is my favorite trolling thing in Wrestling right now:

The Observer:

SArVRTW.png

Lana's her theme then so!

Guess Eva Marie has served her time. Time for a new one.

Lana on Total Divas, brah.

Rusev dancing with Santino. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vince: "Baywatch is still a thing, right?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I thought there was a problem in making a Lana a top face as she can't wrestle due to injury?

Then again, never been a problem before. :pac:

Others have raised the point that in November 2013 Meltzer reported a similar big plans for story about Big E Langston and Summer Rae respectively.

Vince is Dug from Up:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Despite millions cancelling the network due to Roman winning the Rumble, its been a good quarter for the WWE.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/93397/wwe-breaks-records-posts-highest-quarterly-earnings-ever.html?p=1
    WWE® Reports Record Quarterly Revenue

First-Quarter 2015 Highlights

Revenues increased 40% to $176.2 million, the highest quarterly revenue in WWE history
    OIBDA of $21.0 million increased $28.2 million from the prior year quarter
    Financial results surpassed the Company's public guidance
    WWE Network reached 1.3 million total subscribers, representing a 99% increase from the prior year WrestleMania (which was held on April 6, 2014)

Much more indepth analysis in the PW insider link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

first quarter results were always gonna be strong, especially with Mania in it (last year Mania fell into Q2).
    they'd want to see the Q2 results before getting too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Network is once again free for new subs next month. Guess I'll just cancel and sub under a different name. No reward for loyalty whatsoever, sums up the entire company pretty well, just ask JR.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/575685-wwe-network-free-again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

martyos121 wrote: »
    Network is once again free for new subs next month. Guess I'll just cancel and sub under a different name. No reward for loyalty whatsoever, sums up the entire company pretty well, just ask JR.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/575685-wwe-network-free-again
    Didn't customers who were with the network for a year get a gift card for the WWE Store though? I think that's a reward for loyalty. I can imagine them doing similar things every year. Plus, it's all about getting people to sign-up. If it works it works, no point stopping using a tactic that is working.

Yeah. Sure some of the lads on here were saying they got stickers and discounts in the WWE Shop without any prior notice of it or anything. The WWE Network is our greatest gift ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ooh stickers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I got a voucher for the US store (20 or 25 dollars, can't remember). Used it to get a Balor shirt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I got a $25 voicher for the wwe shop! That was something at least!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement