Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mark Henry's job title is WWE brand ambassador so I'll take grain of salt with anything he says on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mark Henry was also on a $1m dollar a year 10 year contract when he was rookie and crap for 7 of those years and I'm pretty sure he didn't care how his ego was seen popular or not behind the scenes with that paycheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mark Henry was also on a $1m dollar a year 10 year contract when he was rookie and crap for 7 of those years

Only 7??
    :p

ERG89 wrote: »
    Only 7??
    :p

I was being generous crap until his retirement angle is what I really meant :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah the Hall of Pain angle was good in fairness. His run as WH champ was fairly decent imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

from his run as ecw champion onwards i thought he was great

i actually always thought his casket match with taker got crapped on for no real reason when it was a good solid match

sky88 wrote:
    i actually always thought his casket match with taker got crapped on for no real reason when it was a good solid match

Taker had an absolute belter of a match with Angle the previous month. As a comparison to that which was fresh in people's minds it was more like a dated early 1990's era Undertaker match vs big men i.e. not very good at all

The thing is Henry was making huge money for little effort compared to guys literally breaking their necks to earn a fraction of the money he was making.

Those guys that broke their necks earned the right for wrestlers today to speak up for themselves if they feel they need to ego or not.

He isn't the man to tell younger wrestlers off for speaking their minds and having what he preserves as an ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Was Henry really on a 1 million per annum 10 yr Contract?

I thought that was Big Show's initial deal with WWE back in 99.

They signed Henry in 96 when they weren't exactly flush with cash to pay for big money contracts. They couldn't afford Bret's deal at the time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was Henry really on a 1 million per annum 10 yr Contract?

I thought that was Big Show's initial deal with WWE back in 99.

They signed Henry in 96 when they weren't exactly flush with cash to pay for big money contracts, they couldn't afford Bret's deal at the time.

Yea i think they mentioned it his WWE doc about how much he was signed for

• Advertisement

Yea i think they mentioned it his WWE doc about how much he was signed for

In that time it was nearly WCW level crazy as WWF weren't very profitable until EOY as of April 1999 iirc and he never made a difference to their bottom end during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Necro wrote: »
    Ah the Hall of Pain angle was good in fairness. His run as WH champ was fairly decent imo.

He was really good in his last few years. Hall of pain absolute gun stuff. He also cut a superb "retirement" promo with Cena.

You look at that reign and then look at bland **** like Corbin and Drew. :(

Also great promo after winning his title.:)

Supposed lars comments on a forum and big e reply

https://twitter.com/chainsforalice/status/1125975711322333185?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Supposed lars comments on a forum and big e reply

https://twitter.com/chainsforalice/status/1125975711322333185?s=20

Diplomatic response from Big E.

The Sponsors/Money Men have spoken so Vince will take notice now.
    “Dear Loyal Consumer,

Thank you for reaching out to Mars Wrigley Confectionery with your comments.

We learned of Lars Sullivan’s comments recently and share in your shock and disgust. As a values-based company, we find his behavior abhorrent and unacceptable. We have engaged the WWE to discuss this situation and seek to understand what actions they will take to swiftly address this matter.
    We hope this information is helpful and wish you a great day!

Your Friends at Mars Wrigley Confectionery”

Wrestler Silver King dies after 'collapsing in ring at London show'

The former WCW star, who starred opposite Jack Black in 2006 comedy Nacho Libre, had been performing at the Roundhouse in Camden.

Former WCW wrestler Silver King has died after reportedly collapsing in the ring during a show in London.

The 51-year-old, who starred opposite Hollywood star Jack Black in the 2006 comedy Nacho Libre, had been performing at the Roundhouse in Camden on Saturday evening.

Organisers of the Lucha Libre show confirmed his death as tributes poured in for the Mexican, whose real name was Cesar Barron

According to Camden New Journal, Silver King's co-performers did not initially realise there was a problem after he collapsed following a kick to the side of his body.

He was turned over and counted out but when he failed to recover, a team of medics rushed on stage, the newspaper said.

Fans chanted "Silver, Silver" before the audience was told there would be a short break but the venue was cleared out shortly afterwards, it was reported.

A member of the audience told the Camden New Journal: "It seemed to be part of the show at first but then he didn't get up - and then the medical team was on the stage.

https://news.sky.com/story/wrestler-silver-king-dies-after-collapsing-in-ring-at-london-show-11717703

Very sad to hear. He's also Dr. Wagner Jr's brother too.

Jesus that’s terrible rip

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I can't believe the ref or juventud didn't realise there was something wrong. It's terrible sad that if people had acted quicker he might still be alive. RIP Silver King.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw the video. Shocking response. Amateur hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sounds a similar reaction to the perro aguayo jr incident.

Remember how during the Hall Of Fame ceremony when Itsoeasy was reading into Seth & Becky being sat together, well good sir, you were right all along, as Seth has officially confirmed it on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Remember how during the Hall Of Fame ceremony when Itsoeasy was reading into Seth & Becky being sat together, well good sir, you were right all along, as Seth has officially confirmed it on Twitter.

What did Seth say? I seen Becky tag him in the tweet alright

MrMac84 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1127936093012340736

the guy in the background looking creepily on at them is gas think its the social media guy always see him in youtube videos

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yeah I saw the tweet involving herself and Beth and edge. What’s Seth said ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I saw the tweet involving herself and Beth and edge. What’s Seth said ?

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1127936093012340736

Ah I’ve seen what Seth posted. Well that’s that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How long before WWE use for a story, start tonight :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement