Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How long before WWE use for a story, start tonight :p

Seth and Becky vs Andrade and Charlotte coming up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah been pretty obvious for a while, good on em.
    Internet is going mad for them, relationships in the industry don't have the best track record but best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ThePott wrote: »
    Yeah been pretty obvious for a while, good on em.
    Internet is going mad for them, relationships in the industry don't have the best track record but best of luck to them.

A proper power couple now. They seem like a good match from what you can tell from their public, non wrestling personas. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't watch the last Saudi show (not out of protest, just because the first one before it was absolutely terrible) and I don't think I'll miss much skipping this one. Hopefully Taker/Goldberg is quick and painless.
    How long before WWE use for a story, start tonight :p

Wouldn't rule it out and I wouldn't be totally against it. Rare to have two world champions and two of the most popular wrestlers in a relationship. You'd have to make a power couple heel though. It would be something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rare to have two world champions and two of the most popular wrestlers in a relationship. You'd have to make a power couple heel though. It would be something different.

Is Seth as over as Becky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hopefully Taker/Goldberg is quick and painless.

Yikes didn't see that match confirmed until now, what a train wreck that will be. Could see it turning into a tag match after interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think so. There isn't much to split Seth/Kofi/Becky right now but I'd say Seth is still the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sky88 wrote: »

Was expecting a son in law comment after his comments about Becky's mom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pre Mania no, post Mania yes but its like saying El Torito is taller than Swoggle as both along with Kofi haven't much steam atm

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see it's being reported this evening Sheamus may be forced to be retire which is quite sad.

HoF all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see it's being reported this evening Sheamus may be forced to be retire which is quite sad.

HoF all the way.
    Didn’t he have the same thing as edge had ? I can’t remember the medical name for it atm but it’s a narrowing of the spinal cord, or the area around it. Nailed on HOFer if it’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Didn’t he have the same thing as edge had ? I can’t remember the medical name for it atm but it’s a narrowing of the spinal cord, or the area around it. Nailed on HOFer if it’s true.

Spinal Stenosis i think its called.

Ya, i've seen this ailment being mentioned for him for over 12 months now. Surprised to see him last as long as he has. Little wonder he was placed in a tag team with this going on.

Didn't Sheamus break his neck very early on his career too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spinal stenosis, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

These Sheamus rumours have been around for quite a while. Even with a reported concussion post Mania it's strange that he's barely wrestled solo in the last few years so while it might be publically denied but there is likely something to them.

Havent had a chance to read this yet but should be interesting read

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1128286354545291265?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm sorry but this line in the interview is clearly fluff/stroking Vince's ego.
    keep up with the soap opera-like storylines that McMahon and his team craft with great care.

They do not craft their stories with great care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this line in the interview is clearly fluff/stroking Vince's ego.

They do not craft their stories with great care.

I doubt the Variety profile writers hold WWE storylines to the same scrutiny as boards, Twitter etc. :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    I doubt the Variety profile writers hold WWE storylines to the same scrutiny as boards, Twitter etc. :pac:

i doubt they watched a minute of wrestling for this article

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it a fluff piece paid for by the WWE or do they follow up on the John Oliver stuff I wonder.

• Advertisement

It took them a while, but WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100,000 for his recently unearthed comments and will be required to complete sensitivity training.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/05/14/wwe-fines-lars-sullivan-100000-for-past-bigoted-comments/#36238572604e

That sensitivity training will be a waste of time considering that Hogan's back on their books.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It took them a while, but WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100,000 for his recently unearthed comments and will be required to complete sensitivity training.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/05/14/wwe-fines-lars-sullivan-100000-for-past-bigoted-comments/#36238572604e

That sensitivity training will be a waste of time considering that Hogan's back on their books.

We know WWE wouldn't have done a thing if one of their big sponsors hadn't gotten involved.

We know WWE wouldn't have done a thing if one of their big sponsors hadn't gotten involved.

Well thankfully one got involved and forced their hand.

ERG89 wrote: »
    These Sheamus rumours have been around for quite a while. Even with a reported concussion post Mania it's strange that he's barely wrestled solo in the last few years so while it might be publically denied but there is likely something to them.

The sheamus rumours have been around for a bit but they haven't gone away either. The issue that he's supposed to have(I say supposed because I've never heard it confirmed by him) is as has been said spinal stenosis and we've seen the good ways it's worked out with edge retiring before something serious happened in the ring. We've also seen the potential for a serious incident to happen in ring in what happened to sting during his match with seth Rollins at night of champions a few years ago.

i doubt they watched a minute of wrestling for this article

Vince probably told them; going by his promos I doubt he remembers what he had for breakfast :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sheamus is still in Dublin anyways , he was out at Coach Kavannaghs gym earlier

All this is very interesting if true really sounds like it’s a madman on top like we all assume

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

All this is very interesting if true really sounds like it’s a madman on top like we all assume

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

It's an interesting look, clearly Vince hasn't a god damn clue what he's doing.

Just reading some of the points from that link and if that's true then no wonder the atmosphere is reportedly so bad backstage. I mean why would ye bother trying if vince seems to be saying no all the time.

• Advertisement

Just reading some of the points from that link and if that's true then no wonder the atmosphere is reportedly so bad backstage. I mean why would ye bother trying if vince seems to be saying no all the time.

And if trips, Steph and Bruce ain’t getting through there’s no chance anyone will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement