Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

Could still have a “main direct” a few days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't make up my mind whether this is good or bad news in regard to Nintendo holding a main Direct in the next fortnight. I would probably say bad news, but you just don't know with Nintendo. I don't think I'll watch this XC3 Direct, it'll be chock full of spoilers.

They've done game-specific directs in close proximity to general directs in the past so who knows. If they are planning a main direct, next week, they should have flipped the order imo. Do the main direct first, followed by the game-specific one. Show a tailer for XC3 in the main direct with the notice of a dedicated direct to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

A Direct, while welcomed, is not actually needed right now as the majority of the games coming out this year have already received their respective release dates - Xeno 3, Splatoon 3, Pokémon Gen 9. Only one that is missing is Bayonetta 3 and that'll probably be out in October in time for Hallowe'en. There will probably be something Mario ( maybe that rumoured Donkey Kong game?) and Zelda (there is a Zelda-themed game released every year, something along the lines of Link's Awakening Switch remake from Grezzo) coming in the second half of this year.

Things going in favour of Direct next week:

- If GoldenEye IS the next N64 game released for NSO + Expansion Pak in July, then I could see a Direct next week;

- Also Xenoblade 3's release date was bumped up so maybe this Xeno Direct was due to be held in August and has since messed up Nintendo's marketing schedule. This has already been seen with the delayed Collector's Edition;

- Chance to announce DLC updates to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo Switch Sports (really crap name), and Mario Strikers: Battle League Football;

- I really want one, too, so this should definitely count as a point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

[sarcasm] Half-Life 3 incoming for the Switch? [/sarcasm]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A release date for Silksong on Switch? 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You'll have to settle for Half Life Alyx for Labo VR

There's some speculation that the Nintendo UK Store being down from Monday until Wednesday next week, might coincide with an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

Seems coincidental considering there doesn’t appear to be any similar notice on the .com, .de or .fr store.

The next Nintendo Direct ‘will focus on third-party games’, it’s claimed

JOURNALIST SAYS TO EXPECT NEWS ON PERSONA AND A MAJOR PORT DURING THE EXPECTED BROADCAST

It's claimed the major port could be Red Dead Redemption 2 and that it should take place on this coming Tuesday.

• Advertisement

If they keep “predicting” then they’ll be able to claim they were “right”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hoping for a soonish release date for The Outer Wilds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Read Dead Redemption 2 is one of those games I keep going "wow, I wanna play that" then remember it actually looks like a bit of a grind.

RDR2 being ported would be tough. I'm sure that's not the Rockstar game I would suggest porting.

True. Not like the GTA games proved to be Best in Class WRT migration to the Switch. RDR2 might be too much - assuming it isn't a Low Poly mode release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have RDR2 on PS4/5 and Stadia, not sure I'd have the interest to buy it again, especially as it won't look as good as on the formats above

This week...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's bizarre when you think about it how much internet bandwidth and how many news articles are dedicated to speculating about when a giant video game company is going to show a bunch of ads 😆

So third party? Half Life 3 confirmed?

Sure we could start with usual speculation about still showing Metroid or Zelda since they say "focus on" similar to how they say it specific periods and have games from outside of the criteria.

• Advertisement

So that's 2pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Pray to dog for Persona Golden and Persona 3 it has to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

While I would prefer a normal Direct, at least it's a Direct and something to watch. We could still get some first-party stuff developed by third-party companies. I think there was info on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity in one of these partner showcases before as it was released in collaboration with Koei Tecmo. Maybe a new Zelda by Capcom?

I'm expecting the following:

- Bayonetta 3 to get a release date for October;

- Look at that Live-A-Live game;

- Announcement of third-party N64 games (Goldeneye? Rayman?);

- DLC for that new Fire Emblem Warriors game, season pass probably;

- it's been ages since we heard anything about Mario + Rabbids 2.

Even after thinking about it again, I'm actually looking forward to it a bit more now.

Edit: maybe for this year's Zelda-themed game, we might be getting a sequel to Cadence of Hyrule? It would be set in BoTW Hyrule but a smaller 2D version.

Or a remake of Triforce Heroes? - this wouldn't be announced tomorrow, though.

Post edited by tbahh on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pixel Remasters for switch could be announced.

Predictions for today? Mine are the various rumours and leaks we've heard already like Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, NieR:Automata, various Persona games of some sort, etc.

But I think we could see Goldeneye Remastered, maybe a COD game from Activision Blizzard. Don't know if we'll see Bayonetta 3 today, that could be saved for the main Direct. Probably some Hollow Knight: Silksong. Maybe the Pixel games from Square Enix, again they've been rumoured. Will they show Sonic Frontiers running on Switch? Probably not. EA haven't done a lot for Switch lately. A Madden port?

My big crazy prediction(maybe not so crazy) is that Nintendo announce a Switch Pro model that can run all the usual but also exclusive 3rd party games that the regular Switch cannot and some games that will see a boost in performance. Launching around October this year. And then we'll have speculation of what that can do for 1st party games. But that will be for another day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wouldn't be a day ending in y if we didn't have someone suggesting the Switch Pro again... ;) :P

In case anyone is looking for todays direct

Finished watching it. Found myself skipping through most of it. That was... disappointing, putting it mildly. Persona 5 Royal launches 21st October, that was the big announcement, saved right near the end. Also getting Persona 4 Gaiden and Persona 3 Portable.

Pretty decent showing for what it was, a mini, 3rd party focused, direct. Paired with what 1st party stuff we know like XC3, Splatoon 3, Pokemon, and more. The rest of the year has lots to enjoy.

• Advertisement

I didn't know about it until I clicked on this thread, so I saved myself a whole lot of time by going from hope to disappointment in only 60 seconds.

Advertisement