Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ready! Hoping for some nice surprises.

Not bad but not fantastic either.

Grime next Summer is my highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sea of Stars is the big one for me even if it is a year away. Nothing else to really grab my attention there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That fox game doesn't sound appealing. Saying how all cubs mightn't make it to the end alive and it's your fault if they don't. Not exactly something I'd wanna be responsible for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched the trailer; had forgot about that one. Didn't even think it was coming to the Switch. Nice! Never finished The Messenger cos it was too hard and kept its Gimmick hidden too long, but keen to play more from the world/Devs.

Not very giving for a Christmas edition.

9 anticipated indie games that were supposed to release in 2021

Not one made an appearance yesterday!

Was going through the games I currently have on PC and found out I have the original Figment which I don't think I even heard of before the Figment 2 reveal on the Indies Showcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I thought it might be best to post a comment here in case some people weren't aware of the Nintendo Direct and just quickly glance over the Nintendo board without viewing the Nintendo: General Discussion thread. Hopefully it should be good with news of upcoming games and a few new surprise announcements.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think tonights Direct will feature the new Kirby game, Splatoon 3, The Batman Trilogy and some other 3rd party stuff. I really hope they announce Zelda:Windwaker HD for the Switch and possibly the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, those games from the Wii U would sell very well and would love to get the chance to finally play those titles. I would love a new Starfox and F-Zero game but as usual we probably will not be getting those any time soon. Hopefully will see more of either BOTW 2 and Bayonetta 3.

I would also love a new proper Mario game to be announced and not another sports Mario, we've had 2 of those already in the past year. I highly doubt we will get a Mario Kart 9 since 8 is still flying off the shelves.

I think a Metroid Prime 1 remaster is more likely to be honest (rather than the whole trilogy).

Hoping for Silksong updates too. An "available now" notice would blow up the internet (although it's unlikely). 🙂

Would love a gameboy update to Nintendo Online.

Hopefully a shadow drop of one or two of the delayed higher-tier indies like "The Outer Wilds" and/or "Neon White" would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

They've posted a notice that the NSO SNES and NES service will be offline around the time of the Direct. Presumably they'll need that time to upload every GB and GBA game from every region.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I was happy to sit here on the fence and point and laugh at everyone’s hype but then Shigesato Itoi tweeted about tonight’s showcase and now I’ve become part of the problem.

It’s anything other than Mother 1 + 2 coming to the NSO, I’d actually die of the shock but sure it’s going to be a fun few hours.

Can't remember where I read or heard it but apparently a new 1-2 Switch is in the works. Now that would be an interesting "One more thing" 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Initial reveal of 1-2 Switch opened with cowboys and gun footage. Thought it was going to be RDR. Instead...................

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder what will drop immediately after the Direct...

I'm not a big football fan but I'm pretty sure handballs aren't allowed. Unless it's Mario Gaelic!

All makes me think of Nintendo World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Mario Strikers really feels like it should be free to play with the online sub.

Will likely be 60 euro...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh my god

No Man's Sky!

Never played Salmon Run. They were timed events in Splatoon 2 weren't they?

Portal!

And Portal 2!!

Was watching for small print saying it was cloud, but no small print

I'm hoping it's a physical copy too, oh, I already own it for the PS4/5 but I think the Switch version will be a great way to play.

The Wii Sports sequel has missed a trick by not including Golf

Edit: Golf is coming this summer!

This is going to sell a ton more of these consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭bren2001

There ye go

Ok, I laughed at the MK paid DLC news when he first says it, but as part of online expansion works out better. Though I assume you only have the DLC as long as you have the sub?

Can't really fault that. Well played, Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

48 new MK tracks is pretty good. Will definitely pick up the NSO expanded now anyway.

Advertisement