Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Direct is still happening next week | Game Mess Mornings 09/09/22

Good to hear. Supposedly going to be announced Monday and shown Tuesday.

All day today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think it's going to be a good one when it happens. Expectations (based on rumours) are through the roof.

It’s gonna happen. Placeholder is live

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I mean, OK. The moderators have spoken but I'd be lying if I didn't sigh heavily and roll my eyes.

Presume Nintendo US livestream will be accessible to Irish audiences?

Of course. It’s just a YouTube stream. It’s never region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pnott

And there it is, at long last. Finally, my fingers can get a rest from pressing F5. 😜 Hopefully it'll be worth the wait since the last one. Lots of new games, not ports, remasters, re-releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I'm not paying attention to anything happening but unless there's something scheduled for this time with regards the queen, it seems strange they skip the livestream and just post the video 20 mins after it ends.

But seems Europe and America are still showing it so can still see it through those.

And to translate, this starts at 3pm our time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, let's get Ninty Direct Bingo started!

Metroid Prime HD

Metroid Prime 4

GC Game remasters, singly or in packs?

A variety of remastered Zelda titles

Bayonetta 3

Half-Life/ Portal 3!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is this first-party?

If not, then I as always, I will simply say, as I often do: Silksong.

There should be plenty of new games. The June Direct is the time for most new games and they skipped it this year. Plus they haven't put in their disclaimer of focusing mostly on titles releasing soon.

New Donkey Kong game, new Mario game perhaps. As well as all the recent rumours about Zelda/Metroid Prime/Gamecube. But if they have those rumoured games, then they wouldn't need to show Mario or Donkey Kong yet. They can pad it out with the likes of Bayonetta 3, the new Mario + Rabbids game, Persona 5R, etc.

And there's other stuff supposedly finished, a Fire Emblem game. Where on Earth is Pikmin 4? It was meant to be almost complete on Wii U years ago.

GB / GBC / GBA Addon for the Expansion Pass.

It Takes Two

Arkham Collection

Mass Effect Collection

Silksong Trailer / Release Date (/Shadow Drop?)

Big Sale announcement for Thursday

Breath of the Wild 2 Trailer / New Name

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would Bayonetta get her own Direct before launch?

The rumour about the Direct being this week was right so I guess the Zelda/GC ports are right as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

Some points

- I really really hope it's not Zelda ports (we just got Skyward Sword HD as the last Zelda game) but a new top-down adventure like A Link Between Worlds would be cool.

- First trailer for that Mario movie, I'd say there is a tie-in game to launch with it!

- a few more games to bulk up the rest of year will be good

- I don't think we will get Gameboy games yet. They have given like 15 N64 games. September 2023 for Gameboy games!

Non-Specific Action Figure is going to make his long awaited game debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's mostly what's coming this winter.

Winter is coming 🙂

I'd love a new super polished AAA 2D Mario Game with completely different art direction and new game design to what's gone before.

Open world, Metroid style 2D Mario.

If not that then Switch 2/BOTW 2 ...

Don't want any more stuff from the WiiU. At this stage I've got the 2 HD Zelda's and Yoshi's wolly world keeping the lights on there. 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Gonna go left field and call that Sega will roll out a port of Yakuza Zero for the Switch. It always struck me as a license to print money and the Switch would be well able to handle anything pre Dragon Engine.

• Advertisement

Nintendo Direct 13.9.2022

2 hours to go.

This monstrosity could turn up today.

Nintendo reportedly sitting on 1-2-Switch sequel after it "tested horribly"

It's 3 and a half years since Metroid Prime 4 was rebooted. We've seen nothing and heard nothing, I don't think it's coming to Switch, it never was once it restarted. I could be completely wrong, and it shows up today. But I don't think Nintendo would show Metroid Prime HD AND Metroid Prime 4 in the one Direct. The same as they won't show BOTW2 AND the Wii U ports of WWHD/TPHD.

Like it doesn't make sense what's going on with Metroid Prime. Why would you make a Metroid Prime HD, when they should be concentrating on Metroid Prime 4? Presumably,it would be Retro Studios handling both. Unless, the Metroid Prime HD remaster is to get the new staff familiar with the series, give Switch owners something Metroid Prime, while MP4, slowly comes together on the back burner and for the next platform.

Metroid Prime wowed people with its graphics on Gamecube. I can't see MP4 doing the same on Switch if it goes for a similar graphical style. And at 60fps? It's not happening.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm not so pushed about Metroid Prime HD remasters as I am a new game in the series. I do agree it'd be weird for both to come out at once, but personally I would lean more towards MP4 being the thing that happens.

AFAIK the HD remaster talk so far is just rumours ("unnamed Nintendo insiders" might be legit, or might be the modern iteration of "my uncle works at Nintendo, honest") and however much fun they might be most of them turn out to be clickbait pish - look at all the "SMG2 will definitely be released in December '21 as DLC for SM3DA" stuff that failed to materialise, for example.

Still, only a couple of hours before we find out if we're getting any new Metroid in the next few months 🙂

They showed BOTW2 and revealed Skyward Sword HD in the same direct in the past. Could easily do the same again for Zelda or Metroid.

My wishlist, remaining unchanged for years, is Eternal Darkness (remake or sequel) and Golden Sun 1+2 remade in 2D-HD.

Honestly I’ve so much to play between now and BOTW2 I could go with there being no direct :)

Should be a good Direct. Nintendo are recording the crowds reaction at their New York store. Haven't done that since 2019. It's reserved for the great Directs.

BTW Twitch Stream is a few seconds ahead https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

New Fire Emblem, plus It Takes Two are a good start.

• Advertisement

There was a pretty obvious reason why they stopped having crowds gather in close proximity to each other for the last couple of years...

Advertisement