Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

With all the excitement about the 3d collection, Mario Kart and 3d World, I'm not seeing much talk about Mario 35! Looks like absolute carnage and exactly the type of thing that the Online service needs!

Mario for the Zoom generation. Does look very interesting and original ... Wonder why it's for a limited time. Too much cost for Nintendo servers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmmm, looks like those missions to get Mario pins aren’t available in our region. That’s irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Can't believe its been a year since the last Direct.

I loved Sunshine but had a game breaking autosave that blocked my progress due to restarting on limited health bar. So really looking forward to it, jumping on those springy wires and loved that backpack hovering.

Mario 35 looks brilliant, Allstars out today. 18th Sept release date for 3dAll-stars. And yes Galaxy 2 missing is off but likely DLC or new enhanced online service next year.

Lastly I preordered Physical 3D and Karts and Game & Watch ... Yikes least they ship 1 each month.

Now what's the November Flagship Game going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

chrislad wrote: »
    Hmmm, looks like those missions to get Mario pins aren’t available in our region. That’s irritating.

Noticed that as well.

Just got the full Direct watched. I was trying to tell how they were doing the pressure in Sunshine but seemed to be the one pressure the whole time. I notice they keep the old icon for the 'X' that looks like the gamecube button. No need to change it.
    Wonder if you can use touchscreen for Galaxy in portable mode.
    Was looking for the Wii U features in 3D World like blowing on platforms.

I was watching like a kid with the argos catalogue before Christmas, "I want that, I want that..."

109.99 for one of those Home Circuits Karts?
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/nintendo-switch-pre-order-games/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-mario-edition-nintendo-switch/p/193053
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/nintendo-switch-pre-order-games/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-luigi-edition-nintendo-switch/p/193054

kevin2me wrote: »

Lastly I preordered Physical 3D and Karts and Game & Watch ... Yikes least they ship 1 each month.

Where did you get the Game & Watch?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where did you get the Game & Watch?

Nintendo UK store has em up for 45 stg, happy hunting.

Least they didnt charge 90 if it! 45 is fair enuf

Nintendo UK store has em up for 45 stg, happy hunting.

Least they didnt charge 90 if it! 45 is fair enuf

I really shouldn't be asking. But it does look nice.
    Though what's the USB-C cable crap? I want to use my watch batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are they really going to force us to use the joycons to play Galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I may have pre ordered the 3D All Stars and the Luigi version of Mario Kart Live from Smyths. Bye bye money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

With all the excitement about the 3d collection, Mario Kart and 3d World, I'm not seeing much talk about Mario 35! Looks like absolute carnage and exactly the type of thing that the Online service needs!

Looks like it could be the game to break my tetris addiction. Same format. I wonder why it's only available for a limited time?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are they really going to force us to use the joycons to play Galaxy?

What's wrong with that? Joy cons are basically a more modern version of the wii controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

If you have a switch lite you'll need to buy a set of joy-cons to do the aerodynamic stuff

Possibly touch screen? Or maybe they'll have options

I may have pre ordered the 3D All Stars and the Luigi version of Mario Kart Live from Smyths. Bye bye money.

#metoo

Can't find the game and watch on Nintendo.co.uk it says check local stockists for availability. It comes with a USB-c cable so I'm hoping more games can be added? Still it's very cool.

If you have a switch lite you'll need to buy a set of joy-cons to do the aerodynamic stuff

They would have to make it playable with the lite and the pro controller wouldnt they? It's 60 quid so surely they have put some work into it to make it compatible with all options.....i hope.

iamtony wrote: »
    #metoo

Can't find the game and watch on Nintendo.co.uk it says check local stockists for availability. It comes with a USB-c cable so I'm hoping more games can be added? Still it's very cool.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-merch-accessories/game-watch-super-mario-bros./12690781.html

there u go. ooh ya usb cable could mean hackable!

Thanks, I've order on that but I've never had success before from them. I've used parcel wizard so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My first "console" When I was 4 was a Nintendo Game and Watch. 1 game called parachute, I got another later called octopus and then the big one the double screen Donkey Kong. I still have them and they work.

So very tempted by this if for nothing else than the memories.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm intrigued by the extra content in 3D World, as well as it being adapted to Switch-native controls (having missed the Wii U train I've only played it in emulated form which isn't the same).

To my surprise, I'm also pre-ordering 3D All-Stars. I don't know if I'd revisit Mario 64, but I'm overdue a replay of Sunshine and I never actually finished Galaxy. Shame Galaxy 2 isn't in there, but oh well. Possibly we'll get a 3D All-Stars 2 further down the line (Super Mario Galaxy 2/ 3D Land/ ???).

Now, if only I hadn't tried to pre-order with Shopto, who have failed to place my order twice but managed to put not one but two holds on my card, so I have to wait before placing a pre-order direct with Nintendo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Will the 3d Allstars be a physical copy this month?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Listings on the Nintendo store and other stores I checked say 18th September as release date. And that it won't be sold after March 31st in physical form, at which point it will no doubt become the realm of scalping b@stids on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

iamtony wrote: »
    They would have to make it playable with the lite and the pro controller wouldnt they? It's 60 quid so surely they have put some work into it to make it compatible with all options.....i hope.

I really hope so, I've never played these games and really looking forward to them but if I can't play galaxy fully/properly on my lite then it's no deal Ninty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yep, it says its cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Late to the party

HOLY EFFIN SHTBALLS!

Oh, christ if I don't my hands on that 3d Allstars I'm gonna lose it.

Is this really happening?

This is literally the best thing ever!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My first "console" When I was 4 was a Nintendo Game and Watch. 1 game called parachute, I got another later called octopus and then the big one the double screen Donkey Kong. I still have them and they work.

So very tempted by this if for nothing else than the memories.

I've a nice little G&W collection going, and this will look lovely in with them!
    No way this is going to be staying in the box though, can't wait to play it!
    Parachute and Octopus, don't have those yet, but they are great fun still

64.99 in Smyths for G&W

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Fysh wrote: »
    Possibly we'll get a 3D All-Stars 2 further down the line (Super Mario Galaxy 2/ 3D Land/ ???).

Thats what im thinking too, to have 3d all stars as just a limited release is just crazy, so im thinking they will just release other versions of it down the line, or knowing Nintendo, sell them all separately :(

So doing this for Mario's 35th. what does it mean for Zelda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Majoras Mask 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

CastorTroy wrote: »
    64.99 in Smyths for G&W

It's now down to €59.99, matching GameStop. I really like it as a collectible, but I'm not sure if it's worth that much to me.

Advertisement