Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yeah that 3D collection is out in 2 weeks and it seems to be limited run :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Inject that Mario HD collection right into my veins, quite frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I saw the tweet. I read it twice. I looked for a date/time.

"Wait, what? It's there now!".

Totally down for the HD collection and nice that is going to be some additional 3D World content as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Right. I think we now understand the 1 year gap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fantastic!

The only query I have is how Mario Galaxy would play on a Switch Lite without the joycons. It's been years since I played it - anyone foresee issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

February 21, 2011 was the 25th anniversary of LoZ. I demand parity!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

This is really real isn't it I'm not dead or dreaming

SUPEMARIOALLSTARS WOOOOOHOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I really wish they did a full HD remake of Mario 64 (along with the extra content from the DS version) but if they did that it would probably be for a full priced version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That mario kart home circuit is going to be an instant buy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So happy with that, I really can't wait for that 3D collection...

You can never have enough Mario imo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In quick succession, I will buy them all, as they are released, no questions really.

Just had a quick blast of Lost Levels there, a wee bit of slow down on it, specifically noticed towards the end of 1-1 and the start of 1-2 can't remember that from the OG SNES version, was probably prevalent on the NES original...

I am not sure if it's the emulation or what, but I'm sure it will be sorted with an update....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've some catching up to do. Will watch this later.

Edit: But it was about time we heard some news.

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the last real Nintendo Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Honestly thought any talk of this back in April was fools talk I'm wondering is there something huge planned for March as this is available until then maybe a Switch Lite XS or a Switch XL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure finished them all already.

I'll be buying them, won't I?
    Wonder how much Bowser's Fury adds.

I do want that Game + Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I want it all yeah yeah, I wan it all and I wan it now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm in the lucky position that these are all new games to me. Switch is my first Nintendo system. Looking forward to this. Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mario Allstars today????? Holy sh1t.

That Mario kart live will be an instant buy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭plibige

Biggest disappointment is Galaxy 2 not newing included. I heard enough rumours that it was just the 3 that I wasn't expecting Galaxy 2, but I was still hoping.

sligeach wrote: »
    I've some catching up to do. Will watch this later.

Edit: But it was about time we heard some news.

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the last real Nintendo Direct.
    don't bother you'll find something to be annoyed about:pac:

Sorry had to do it:D

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just had a quick blast of Lost Levels there, a wee bit of slow down on it, specifically noticed towards the end of 1-1 and the start of 1-2 can't remember that from the OG SNES version, was probably prevalent on the NES original...

I am not sure if it's the emulation or what, but I'm sure it will be sorted with an update....

I'm on world 4-3 haven't noticed anything except the controls needed getting used to. And i swear I'm not using the rewind feature:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

I'm in the lucky position that these are all new games to me. Switch is my first Nintendo system. Looking forward to this. Great news!

Wow - you are a very lucky person. Actually, anyone who hasn't played many Mario games is in for a real treat.

I'd count Mario 64, Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D World to easily be my favourite video games of all time. Really. BOTW is probably my favourite game. But it's not an in your face high octane pure fun video game, which the Mario games are.

I hope they play as well as they did on their original platforms. I'm assuming the joy-cons can easily replace the Wiimote for Galaxy.

Plus, you get a music player. Galaxy has the most incredible soundtrack. Gusty garden galaxy, buoy base galaxy, beehive galaxy, it goes on and on ... you will be blown away.

Also, (2D) Super Mario Allstars on Nintendo Switch online. This was the version I first played. Plus SM3 on the original NES has a weird scrolling flickering issue ... which is not on the Allstars version. Class !

I going to get the 3D Allstars physical as it's got Sunshine on it which I've never played. Plus Galaxy in HD should look even more fantastic. This still is an incredible looking game even in SD. Also, for some reason it's a limited edition. Anyway ... looks great ! And it's out in a couple of weeks.

Probably will get the new 3D world if the new "Bowser's fury" part is worth it. If you haven't played 3D world ... it's just brilliant fun. It'd be nice if they'd convert the 3DS Super Mario 3D land as well ... but you can't have everything. Also, the music is just gorgeous in this game. e.g. Ant tropper hill theme. Plus the whole "Circus" feel to the game. Also you get to control multiple Marios and Cat mario. It's just a ton of fun. (edit) plus those captain toad levels. And multiplayer done well. Also, Goombas on ice :) It's fun, and then it gets more fun. And then it's gets seriously fun. :):)

Mario 64 ... got all 120 stars when I played this and loved every minute of this. Wonderful revolutionary game. Hope it still holds up. Wonder will get get 60FPS or ...

Also, wondering where Galaxy 2 is. A wonderful game. But for me, not as good as 1, as the music is just not the same, it does not have a "story" and 1 had a brilliant hub world. Also, it could never be as ground breaking as the first.

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm on world 4-3 haven't noticed anything except the controls needed getting used to. And i swear I'm not using the rewind feature:o

Maybe I'm playing it a wee bit too fast :P

Thought it was my TV and went to switch off game mode and it was already off, tried it with it on and off and no difference, it's definitely there....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

plibige wrote: »
    Biggest disappointment is Galaxy 2 not newing included. I heard enough rumours that it was just the 3 that I wasn't expecting Galaxy 2, but I was still hoping.
    expect Galaxy 2, 3d World, and Odyssey on the next All-stars collection. Probably in 5 years time.

Ok , now that I've calmed down a bit ... do I really want to pay 60 quid for Sunshine and HD Galaxy. :):) Will wait for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Ok , now that I've calmed down a bit ... do I really want to pay 60 quid for Sunshine and HD Galaxy. :):) Will wait for reviews.

Yes, yes you do!

Yes, yes you do!

Damn right ! :)

Covid 19 is the disease and Mario is the cure !

I'm wondering if I can keep it until Christmas.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

With all the excitement about the 3d collection, Mario Kart and 3d World, I'm not seeing much talk about Mario 35! Looks like absolute carnage and exactly the type of thing that the Online service needs!

Advertisement