Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HangBlaa

Some of the outlandish wants and suggestions of what Derek should do, who he should drop, and how Waterford should play are just mental.

What is for sure, if KK beat Waterford, it will be Derek's fault.
    IF, we manage to beat KK, then it will be in spite of him.

Also, from the majority of the comments on last Sunday, it is also clear, that most of those bemoaning our current weaknesses, we not even in Thurles on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Waterford Under 21 Hurling Team to face Tipperary tomorrow night at 7pm in Walsh Park has being named!

1. Jordan Henley (Tallow)
    2. William Hahessy (Clonea)
    3. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    4. Darragh Lyons (Dungarvan)
    5. Míchéal Harney (Bunmahon)
    6. Austin Gleeson (Mount Sion)
    7. Conor Prunty (Abbeyside)
    8. Mark O'Brien (Ferrybank)
    9. Colm Roche (Shamrocks)
    10. DJ Foran (Portlaw)
    11. Tom Devine (Modeligo)
    12. Michael Kearney (Ballyduff Upper)
    13. Patrick Curran (Dungarvan) – (Jt Capt.)
    14. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    15. Stephen Bennett (Ballysaggart)

Best of luck to all involved!! #Deiseabú

Will be some night 2morrow if we can win it. Winners play Antrim or Derry in the AI semi final on the 20th August in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Yes McGrath deserves another term if KK beat us unless it's another MF performance, Who will we get that will do a better job?

Yes McGrath deserves another term if KK beat us unless it's another MF performance, Who will we get that will do a better job?

If the under 21s win 2morrow I imagine Sean Power and Paul Flynn will get the job

Don't have the money for a big name like Liam Sheedy (not interested in managing anyone ATM)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

HangBlaa wrote: »

He's the manager, the buck stops with him. So yes it will be his fault. He's the one who has the team playing the way they are - playing into the hands of the better teams.

Answer me this, if Waterford go 3 or 4 points down after 15 minutes against Kilkenny, do you think Waterford could still win the game? The answer is no, absolutely no positivity anywhere in the team or on the bench. I'm a fan of McGrath but he's ultimately responsible for the performances and the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Thought we started both halves against Wexford very well and finished the game strongly when push came to shove. There are two small periods of play in the game which inform the negative. Leading up till half time we shot 7/8 wides in as many minutes and yes that needs to be improved and then in the second half when Wexford and the wind came at us. Yes we struggle playing into a gale and the rain. That gust only lasted 10 minutes and it was straight forward after. I would have hoped like everyone for a goal and just wish we could find a killer pass, Maurice into Paddy early or Aussie into Maurice early in the second half, cats eyes would have seen it.

Still we will have to make do with what we have and are good at. Maybe they'll all go over. The only time we won a semi final they all seemed to go over, 6 points out of the traps against Tipp. Eoin McGrath spinning and shooting from the Cusack stand. The speculative ball finished off by Kelly. That kind of thing.

You need goals to beat Kilkenny and Tipp as I keep hearing. Well if you look at it Tipp have only been knocked out of the Championship by a team other than Kilkenny once since 2010. That was Galway and the score 0-26 to 3-16. Kilkenny have won 4 out of 5 All Irelands. They last lost to Cork in 2013 by 0-19 to 0-14.

The set up is not as crazy as people think. On the Sunday game Brendan Cummins (who Tipped us for the Munster Final by the way) and Henry Shefflin pointed to the flaws in Waterford's system. They showed the goal TJ got against Waterford last year. Well it's not the systems problem when 2 defenders are beaten by one attacker (the best in the country). Also interestingly TJ was the only cat within the 45. The other analysis piece pointed to Pauric Mahony have a go from distance from a free and hitting it wide rater than surveying his options, while not showing him playing another one short to Jamie Barron for a point.

We haven't much hope of beating Kilkenny and that is due to Daragh Fives absence our best player against them last year. His aerial command is a massive loss. Still being written off seems to be the best place for us. We were hyped up after beating Clare (remind you of anyone) only to fall flat. It'll suit us this scenario.

Derek McGrath has done a great job and will do so for a couple of years yet. He has consolidated the breakthrough season of last. I wonder about the trajectory of both seasons though. Last year we built through the year while this year we hit the ground running. Kilkenny Cork Tipp were good, Dublin Galway meaningless games, Wexford Limerick poor, got going eventually against Clare. A massive break in momentum till Tipp and now trying to pick up again after playing a poor team.

Ill be there in Croke Park again to see us playing the Cats, its where you want to be. Some prefer the younger more attractive version on show tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Hands up here, I'm a KK poster and I'm not trying to agitate or troll I just wanted to give ye slightly different perspective on your team and set up. Obviously I don't know your team as well as ye do and normally only see them on the box or live against KK or in Nowlan Park but I still have thoughts, incorrectly or ignorant (hopefully not).

I think Derek McGrath instigating your sweeper system was a very smart and very effective way of ensuring a young team didn't get hammered and get used to loosing. I was at the Wex v Wat game in Nowlan Park a few years ago and ye were slit open so easily it was hard to watch in the end. So he was definitely correct to put the system in place. However I don't think ye or any team can ever win an AI playing that way. When ye play the lesser lights ye can put up impressive scores and ye have. Ye had great support running like last year against Tipp in the League quarter final in Nowlan Park were ye completely blitzed them. I'm not surprised ye're not playing the same support runners this year as that takes incredible stamina and endurance and is a massive ask from any players. I just don't think that work rate can be sustained year on year even with young (or any) lads.

I think Derek McGrath has been right to stick with the system (much as I personally hate it) this year but I don't think he can continue with it after this year. It has served it's purpose and given a bunch of highly talented hurlers lots of great positive experiences of playing Championship which is very hard with such a young group.

I think ye have the players to play 15 on 15 in a similar way to how Tipp, Gal and KK do. You drop players back in defence as needed but you leave your great attacking talent up front to exploit defences when you win it back. Your defence is settled now and but it would need to learn how to deal without the constant sweeper and to just getting the help they currently get with lads funneling back which should still be enough to keep most teams very quiet. Ye might ship a few beatings next year while the lads adjust to this way of playing but I think ye have the forwards and the bench to cause Tipp, KK and Gal much more trouble playing an orthodox style than ye currently do.

This is not being cocky or anything but I would have very little fear of seeing ye're lads running out the tunnel in two weeks time. TBH the only way i can see ye beating us is if we have a very off day and from how I hear our training is going thats not looking likely. I think even if ye bring ye're best performance from the last few years ye still can't beat our Championship side with ye're systemin place. I'd be far more worried about playing if ye got to a semi final playing like ye're U21's did this year.

I normally don't miss any KK games all season but for the first time in over a decade I'm seriously considering not bothering going up as it will be a snorefest. Ye will keep it tight, we will grind ye down but ye will never have a realistic chance of upsetting the applecart we'll win by 4-7 points there won't be a 21pt hammering i can guarantee ye that, McGrath won't allow it.

Can I ask one question of these who posted that they hoped Derek McGrath might come up with a suprise element to Waterfords play that could shock KK into defeat. Can I have an example or two that you could use without comprimising your current defensive set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭blackcard

KK have scored only one goal per game in their last five championship matches.I would give Waterford every chance particularly if their shooting accuracy improves. Waterford will be hard to peg if they manage to take a lead. The KK forwards are nowhere near as talented as they previously had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I assume getting tickets at the gate isn't an issue tomorrow?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

ShamoBuc wrote:
    About as good as they could have expected. Keeps it alive for next week.

I assume getting tickets at the gate isn't an issue tomorrow?

I got 2 stand tickets this evening In supervalu when I assumed I'd only get terrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

As a poster here has already said watch the Kilkennys 1st goal against us from last year.

This goal or an attempt of such had been replicated in previous games and it is a 'play' that Kilkenny use when a ball is played into the goalkeeper who is under pressure.

The midfielders run as fast as they can to the sideline near the 45, a position vacated by the wing back who is back towards his own goal helping out.
    The half forwards go to midfield to cover there and the corner forwards push out too, the full forward stays inside with space on either side if the opposing corner backs are niave enough to follow their men. The corner and wing forwards are ready to turn and run like hell to get in to full forward again to see if a break can be got from the ball they know is being launched in.

So that goal
    - ball dropped short on KK goalkeeper
    - he collects and hits, under a bit of pressure to opposite wing,
    - Mick Fennelly collects, and under some pressure drives the ball in on top of TJ Reid and TdB and Couglan,
    - due to bad defending TJ Reid collects his own break and scores,
    - no other Kilkenny forwards is within acres.

For years Kilkenny suck back the corner forward and wing forwards when the opposition are attacking, only leaving the full and centre forward in place - their wing forwards cover unreal ground.

Once in possession everyone floods forward - often leaving opposition backs in a terrible position chasing back facing their own goal - something you never see KK backs getting caught out doing

Hands up here, I'm a KK poster and I'm not trying to agitate or troll I just wanted to give ye slightly different perspective on your team and set up. Obviously I don't know your team as well as ye do and normally only see them on the box or live against KK or in Nowlan Park but I still have thoughts, incorrectly or ignorant (hopefully not).

I think Derek McGrath instigating your sweeper system was a very smart and very effective way of ensuring a young team didn't get hammered and get used to loosing. I was at the Wex v Wat game in Nowlan Park a few years ago and ye were slit open so easily it was hard to watch in the end. So he was definitely correct to put the system in place. However I don't think ye or any team can ever win an AI playing that way. When ye play the lesser lights ye can put up impressive scores and ye have. Ye had great support running like last year against Tipp in the League quarter final in Nowlan Park were ye completely blitzed them. I'm not surprised ye're not playing the same support runners this year as that takes incredible stamina and endurance and is a massive ask from any players. I just don't think that work rate can be sustained year on year even with young (or any) lads.

I think Derek McGrath has been right to stick with the system (much as I personally hate it) this year but I don't think he can continue with it after this year. It has served it's purpose and given a bunch of highly talented hurlers lots of great positive experiences of playing Championship which is very hard with such a young group.

I think ye have the players to play 15 on 15 in a similar way to how Tipp, Gal and KK do. You drop players back in defence as needed but you leave your great attacking talent up front to exploit defences when you win it back. Your defence is settled now and but it would need to learn how to deal without the constant sweeper and to just getting the help they currently get with lads funneling back which should still be enough to keep most teams very quiet. Ye might ship a few beatings next year while the lads adjust to this way of playing but I think ye have the forwards and the bench to cause Tipp, KK and Gal much more trouble playing an orthodox style than ye currently do.

This is not being cocky or anything but I would have very little fear of seeing ye're lads running out the tunnel in two weeks time. TBH the only way i can see ye beating us is if we have a very off day and from how I hear our training is going thats not looking likely. I think even if ye bring ye're best performance from the last few years ye still can't beat our Championship side with ye're systemin place. I'd be far more worried about playing if ye got to a semi final playing like ye're U21's did this year.

I normally don't miss any KK games all season but for the first time in over a decade I'm seriously considering not bothering going up as it will be a snorefest. Ye will keep it tight, we will grind ye down but ye will never have a realistic chance of upsetting the applecart we'll win by 4-7 points there won't be a 21pt hammering i can guarantee ye that, McGrath won't allow it.

Can I ask one question of these who posted that they hoped Derek McGrath might come up with a suprise element to Waterfords play that could shock KK into defeat. Can I have an example or two that you could use without comprimising your current defensive set up?

I agree with all of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can i put this question to the posters on here, just a simple Yes or No..
    Opinions if you wish please feel free!!!

If Kilkenny beat us as easily as Tipp did.
    Does Derek & co. merit another term in charge??

50/50

If he is to get another term he needs to change things up

Things are not going to get easier in 2017

He might walk away, if so who would get the job ??

Unless we can give the cats a good rattling, his time is up. Last year we won the league final, gave a good account of ourselves in the Munster final and stayed with KK until half time. This year so far we have lost the league final, got annihilated in Munster final, and the approach is even more conservative on the field. That is regress rather than progress.

To say he needs to change his approach if he is stays on is nonsense. He has had 3 years to put his stamp on the team. Why should he even be given the opportunity? Besides, do you honestly think he is going to change the whole approach next year. I can't see why there was a need to give him another term while there was still a year left on his existing term. It didn't makes sense why not just see the 3 years out and see where we are then. I'll reserve judgement until after the KK game but it feels like we are only going to get so far with this system and already we have stagnated

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

There is no example because our defensive set up includes 13 players and sometimes 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What time is u21 throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

JesusRef wrote: »
    As a poster here has already said watch the Kilkennys 1st goal against us from last year.

This goal or an attempt of such had been replicated in previous games and it is a 'play' that Kilkenny use when a ball is played into the goalkeeper who is under pressure.

The midfielders run as fast as they can to the sideline near the 45, a position vacated by the wing back who is back towards his own goal helping out.
    The half forwards go to midfield to cover there and the corner forwards push out too, the full forward stays inside with space on either side if the opposing corner backs are niave enough to follow their men. The corner and wing forwards are ready to turn and run like hell to get in to full forward again to see if a break can be got from the ball they know is being launched in.

So that goal
    - Mick Fennelly collects, and under some pressure drives the ball in on top of TJ Reid and TdB and Couglan,

For years Kilkenny suck back the corner forward and wing forwards when the opposition are attacking, only leaving the full and centre forward in place - their wing forwards cover unreal ground.

Once in possession everyone floods forward - often leaving opposition backs in a terrible position chasing back facing their own goal - something you never see KK backs getting caught out doing

Do we have anything that resembles a play other than pot shots from 100 yards?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 meathhurler48

Whiplash
    You read it well. Except is saw both AIs. So add John Keane, Vin Bastin etc to your list. The rest of your post makes interesting reading. I thought at the beginning of the year that being competitive in an AI SF and winning u-21 would constitute a good year. Just off to Wd now for tonight's game. We could bump into each other and not know it. I haven't given up on Sunday week either. If we attack a bit more we could surprise a few people.

So let's hope our differences are put to bed.
    Up The Deise

Motivator wrote: »

He's the manager, the buck stops with him. So yes it will be his fault. He's the one who has the team playing the way they are - playing into the hands of the better teams.

Answer me this, if Waterford go 3 or 4 points down after 15 minutes against Kilkenny, do you think Waterford could still win the game? The answer is no, absolutely no positivity anywhere in the team or on the bench. I'm a fan of McGrath but he's ultimately responsible for the performances and the results.
    Correct, it will be his fault if they are beaten, but the bit you didn't quote, was the point I was making that IF then manage to beat Kilkenny he will get f&%k all credit some of the posters here will be praising the players for taking things into there own hands.

Do not underesetimate where this Waterford team are, firmly a Top4 team, with a lot more scope to build a grow.

Look at the recent underage pedigrees of Clare and Limerick, a bit ahead of where we are.. Just a bit of perspective.

Motivator wrote: »

Correct, it will be his fault if they are beaten, but the bit you didn't quote, was the point I was making that IF then manage to beat Kilkenny he will get f&%k all credit some of the posters here will be praising the players for taking things into there own hands.

Do not underesetimate where this Waterford team are, firmly a Top4 team, with a lot more scope to build a grow.

Look at the recent underage pedigrees of Clare and Limerick, a bit ahead of where we are.. Just a bit of perspective.

Ropaire wrote: »
    Do we have anything that resembles a play other than pot shots from 100 yards?

My thinking is that Tipp hurt us from short puck outs and also from wayward balls that they picked up in or around their full back line and these balls were launched down on our full back line from open play.

Is the plan now to take the pot shots - if they go over or not you are structured in facing a puck out, push up and try and force then to go long from them as wexford did and hope you win the puck out (wexford must have lost nearly every single one)- Shanahan was a good target man last year - but isn't being hit or staying inside anymore - have we almost abandoned hitting ball into the full forward line altogether?? where you will lose the majority of the balls in anyway and leave yourself vulnerable to a counter attacking move like I mentioned above or countless ones against Tipp in the munster final.

In effect we seem to have almost absolutely given up any chance of of scoring a goal, again further evidence could be the tactic of shoving Austin gleeson in the forward line for periods was not used at all the last day and if we were not feeling that adventurous against wexford then i think against Kilkenny that could now be abandoned.

Obviously games take on lives of there own and it is hard to draw conclusions from one game but for so many potshots to occur to me it was obviously planned so to me it looks like - keep it tight and try and win on points is now even more the plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Big game coming up tonight but people are too busy giving out still.

Will stand tickets be assigned seating for a munster final In Walsh Park or what's the story. Be cutting it fine to get there for 7.
    Best place to park coming from dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭blueflame

JesusRef wrote: »

So that goal

Well having only watched that goal again last night apart from the set up I have a very different opinion on how that goal came about . Firstly we played a quite aimless high ball into the box where Maurice was standing still under the ball with the KK full back who was not interested in playing the ball, just wrestling Maurice away from it. Meanwhile Paul Murphy did as he does best, attacked the ball on his own while Maurice was otherwise occupied wins it and delivers it out the field, where it is quickly played into the danger area in front of our goal. TJ rather then standing still and allowing himself to become embroiled in a wrestling match had peeled out wide getting himself into a position where he could attack DeBurca from his blindside and Coughlan had no option but to blatantly take him out, run and jump with him, or take up a position where he could defend if TJ did outfield deBurca. He chose to run and jump with him. This allowed TJ with all his cuteness to jump into and basically foul deBurca, but was unlikely to be penalised given the added presence of Coughlan in the air, by jumping in with his back he is the only one of the three facing the Waterford goal and is thus odds on for the breaking ball and it is in the back of the net.

The differences.

- Maurice allowing himself to get tangled in a mess before the ball arrives, given the KK defenders the upperhand straight away.

- TJs cuteness in pulling wide and getting himself free of tight marking allowing him to blindside de Burca ( think Coughlan was already on a yellow card also)

- TJs cuteness in using his body (fouling de Burca) and facing teh goal when doing so.

- Coughlans naivety in dealing with such a situation.

This passage of play changed the complexion of the game entirely, a showed the real craft of KK. This kind of play comes with experience and coaching and we need to bring this element to our game if we are to progress to genuine contenders. .

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

garv123 wrote: »
    Big game coming up tonight but people are too busy giving out still.

Will stand tickets be assigned seating for a munster final In Walsh Park or what's the story. Be cutting it fine to get there for 7.
    Best place to park coming from dungarvan?

It's a big "ditch"

AFAIK seats are not assigned. (even though their numbered)

I'd park along the road at entrance to Aldi on the cork road. (turn up at tthe maxol). its only a 10 min walk to the field. you could spend that in traffic going up around closer.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

It's a big "ditch"

AFAIK seats are not assigned. (even though their numbered)

I'd park along the road at entrance to Aldi on the cork road. (turn up at tthe maxol). its only a 10 min walk to the field. you could spend that in traffic going up around closer.

Capture.png

You could also go in by the Cleaboy Pub an park up there

blackcard wrote: »
    KK have scored only one goal per game in their last five championship matches.I would give Waterford every chance particularly if their shooting accuracy improves. Waterford will be hard to peg if they manage to take a lead. The KK forwards are nowhere near as talented as they previously had.

I don't want to clog up this thread especially when ye have an important game coming up tonight but I just want to respond to this.

Since the start of last year KK have scored 10 goals in Championship so in six games we scored the following goals
    5 v Wex 2015
    1 v Gal 2015
    1 v Wat 2015
    1 v Gal 2015
    1 v Dub 2016
    1 v Gal 2016

However we've only conceded 3 goals in the same 6 games
    0 v Wex 2015
    2 v Gal 2015
    0 v Wat 2015
    1 v Gal 2015
    0 v Dub 2016
    0 v Gal 2016

For a team who are struggling to score goals then this is a huge challenge. A challenge I believe you have the players to overcome but not the right system this year.

We scored on average 24 points to go along with those goals while only conceding only 17.5 points per game

Waterford have played 7 games in the same period and scored the following goals
    3 v Crk 2015
    0 v Tipp 2015
    2 v Dub 2015
    0 v KK 2015
    1 v Cla 2016
    0 v Tipp 2016
    0 v Wex 2016

Waterford have conceded the following in those same games
    1 v Crk 2015
    0 v Tipp 2015
    1 v Dub 2015
    1 v KK 2015
    0 v Cla 2016
    5 v Tipp 2016
    0 v Wex 2016

So ye've scored 6 in 7 games but with the ultra defensive system ye've still conceded 8 goals in 4 of those games and only kept the ball out of the onion bag against Tipp 15, Clare 16 and Wex 16 to me thats not very impressive for your system and actually worse than it thought ye're record would be.

Ye scored an average of 21 points in those seven games and conceded and average of 19.7 points.

Waterford are scoring on average 1.3 points more than the opposition and an odd goal more (8 to 6 over 7 games)

Kilkenny are scoring on average 6.5 points more than the opposition and have scored over 3 times as many goals as our opposition in the 6 games

None of the above proves anything or tells us what will happen in a week and half but they give a good indication that Kilkenny can score goals no matter who they are playing and even without the goals they're scoring plenty of points to win especially when they defend so well from 15 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭blue note

They are interesting stats alright tbiggertycome. But it is interesting to see that in the last 5 games Kilkenny have only scored 5 goals. For a team that is noted above all others for scoring goals it's a bit surprising. The Wexford result skews it a bit because in particular last year they were weak opposition, but 10 overall over the last 2 years. Galway have 7 this year and 14 last - 21 overall. And Tipp have 8 this year and 7 last - 15 overall. It would seem from that that Kilkenny are not the goal scoring threat that they once were.

It's also interesting to see how few goals they are conceding. It seems to me that they're largely going with the same philosophy as ourselves of if we can avoid conceding we fancy ourselves to outpoint you. And nicking a goal would be nice. But if Kilkenny were committing men forward they'd have more than that goal return and more conceded as well.

Unfortunately this doesn't bode well for spectacle next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Best of luck to the U-21 team. Big step up in class here. Looking forward to seeing how the lads not playing senior fare. Colm Roche one of those to look out for

blue note wrote: »
    They are interesting stats alright tbiggertycome. But it is interesting to see that in the last 5 games Kilkenny have only scored 5 goals. For a team that is noted above all others for scoring goals it's a bit surprising. The Wexford result skews it a bit because in particular last year they were weak opposition, but 10 overall over the last 2 years. Galway have 7 this year and 14 last - 21 overall. And Tipp have 8 this year and 7 last - 15 overall. It would seem from that that Kilkenny are not the goal scoring threat that they once were.

It's also interesting to see how few goals they are conceding. It seems to me that they're largely going with the same philosophy as ourselves of if we can avoid conceding we fancy ourselves to outpoint you. And nicking a goal would be nice. But if Kilkenny were committing men forward they'd have more than that goal return and more conceded as well.

Unfortunately this doesn't bode well for spectacle next week :(

You're spot on we are scoring less goals than we have in times past but that has been a trend since about 2013 the one difference I see is that Kilkenny are creating 3-5 scoring chances per game they may not be taking them many of them but their at least creating them I've seen all of Waterford's champ games this year and I remember very few other goal attempts other than the one ye scored against Clare maybe I'm wrong.

We definitely do have lads filtering back when the opposition have the ball. However when we have it there is never more than 6 defenders in our half and at least 5 if not 7 in the opposition half and this is a huge difference in style between the teams.

One thing we both agree on it won't be anything worth looking at and a poor imitation of a proper game of hurling.

Best of luck this evening against them Tipp lads hope he bate them.

Amazing crowd here already. Terrace free for all not broken into northern/Western etc

• Advertisement

Wish we scored more against the wind

Tipperary will be dangerous in the 2nd half

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement