Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Hard to see it without both Mahonys but really really hope Ballygunner win next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Hard to see it without both Mahonys but really really hope Ballygunner win next Sunday.

Hope you're right ML but both are huge losses. If only to quieten that stray Nostradamus that's on here from time to time wouldn't it be worth anything!!!!
    Bed of luck to Ballygunner in their quest I hope its a successful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

archieknox wrote: »
    I hadn't realised it had gone that dar but I knew something wasn't right when I spoke to a Lismore man at their u21 game against Commeragh Gaels. I asked the question how come Seánie Barry was full forward and not in goal and I was informed that a certain player decided he was injured when he heard Derek was attending the game and could only play in goal!! To say that this person was fuming was an understatement as they only had 15 players and had to abide by his demand! If what you say is true then there seems to be certain rules for some more than others. Do keep us informed Alf.

In fairness now this player has a huge history of injuries! I believe he is due to undergo another procedure on his hips soon so would make sense to play in goals and not be training surely?

DiscoStew wrote: »
    In fairness now this player has a huge history of injuries! I believe he is due to undergo another procedure on his hips soon so would make sense to play in goals and not be training surely?

I don't disagree with you on that I believe he has had another operation last week so maybe people are a bit hard on the guy. I can only go on what I was hearing during the game. We have our own worries in our place without getting tangled up in others! But if the discipline side of it was an issue I don't think injuries can be blamed for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NHL

Sun 14 Feb- Waterford vs Kilkenny- Walsh Park
    Sat 20 Feb- Cork vs Waterford- Pairc Ui Rinn
    Sun 06 Mar- Tipperary vs Waterford- Thurles
    Sun 13 Mar- Waterford Vs Dublin- Walsh Park
    Sun 20 Mar- Waterford vs Galway- Walsh Park
    02/03 Apr- Quarter Finals/Relagation Playoff

NFL

Sun 31 Jan- Wiclow vs Waterford- Aughrim
    Sat 06 Feb- Waterford vs Louth- Dungarvan
    Sat 27 Feb- Carlow vs Waterford- Carlow
    Sat 05 Mar- Waterford vs Wexford- Dungarvan
    Sun 13 Mar- Antrim vs Waterford- Belfast
    Sun 27 Mar- Waterford vs London- Dungarvan
    Sun 03 Apr- Waterford vs Leitrim- Dungarvan
    Sat 23 Apr- Final- Croke Park

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NHL

Sun 14 Feb- Waterford vs Kilkenny- Walsh Park
    Sat 20 Feb- Cork vs Waterford- Pairc Ui Rinn
    Sun 06 Mar- Tipperary vs Waterford- Thurles
    Sun 13 Mar- Waterford Vs Dublin- Walsh Park
    Sun 20 Mar- Waterford vs Galway- Walsh Park
    02/03 Apr- Quarter Finals/Relagation Playoff

NFL

Sun 31 Jan- Wiclow vs Waterford- Aughrim
    Sat 06 Feb- Waterford vs Louth- Dungarvan
    Sat 27 Feb- Carlow vs Waterford- Carlow
    Sat 05 Mar- Waterford vs Wexford- Dungarvan
    Sun 13 Mar- Antrim vs Waterford- Belfast
    Sun 27 Mar- Waterford vs London- Dungarvan
    Sun 03 Apr- Waterford vs Leitrim- Dungarvan
    Sat 23 Apr- Final- Croke Park

3 home games very winnable and our recent record with Cork says we'll have nothing to fear there. Very happy with those fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 putitup

Looking forward to the league already , should be good , it will be interesting to see what Derek will come up with this year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Going to be in New York this weekend ; anyone with GAA contacts there who might know if Munster Club final can be seen in The Big Apple !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

How come we always get Dublin at home? When was the last match we had in parnell? It would be much handier for me!

blue note wrote: »
    How come we always get Dublin at home? When was the last match we had in parnell? It would be much handier for me!
    even as part of Croke Park double header would be good. please god we dont play them again in a relagation playoff in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Going to be in New York this weekend ; anyone with GAA contacts there who might know if Munster Club final can be seen in The Big Apple !

Forum on hoganstand about it just search Irish bars in new york you should get something. I did in July and pretty sure they mentioned ones in all the boroughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

If your staying around woodlawn where all the Irish are you might have some chance of seeing it somewhere. Other than that you might have to cut your losses on this one. Cant exactly see it being on the big screen in madison square garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

Yeah there is a bit of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭lim4ev

What's the feeling down waterford way re the club munster final next weekend?should be tight i'd imagine are the 2 o mahony's out? if so nap will be favourites i'd guess.To be honest don't know a lot about Ballygunner other than the fact that they'd have some serious talent as they're always there or therabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

blue note wrote: »

I was thinking you were putting the playoff last year in the mix and that made it look like we have played them at home more often than we really did. But you are quite right, this will be the fifth game in a row against Dublin in Walsh Park - six if you include the playoff. I don't know why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Dickler

lim4ev wrote: »
    What's the feeling down waterford way re the club munster final next weekend?should be tight i'd imagine are the 2 o mahony's out? if so nap will be favourites i'd guess.To be honest don't know a lot about Ballygunner other than the fact that they'd have some serious talent as they're always there or therabouts.

The truth is that if Ballygunner get a result on Sunday with the players they have available it will be nothing short of miraculous.
    To put it perspective they beaten by the Clare champions in the first round last year. The Clare lads didn't have nearly enough to go any further and now Ballygunner face a very experienced and skilful Na Piaraigh without both Mahoneys, Hutchy, Kirwan and young SOK.
    It would surely rate as the clubs greatest achievement if they pulled this one off.

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    The thread is reminiscent of the back pages of the sun newspaper with these guys.. all they seem interested in is rumors and bitching about lads. People give posters like Mickotallow a hard time for his heartfelt comments and genuine passion which speaks through his insightful comments.In my opinion he is one of the only posters on this thread who has an interest in the local scene of the gaa and grassroots scene within the county. Typical townie crap all this rumours, they hear something at a match from a fella, think they have heard something "in the know" and post it online.

Bang on. In in the"public interest".

Jaysus that Micko lad disappeared off the face the earth. He must have taken the final defeat shocking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Any word on management changes for the coming year at club level? Will Joxer hold on to his position with Dungarvan? Will Denis Walsh stay with Ballygunner? Who will take on the task of attempting to bring Lismore back up?
    There is always transfer rumours this time of year and from watching the intermediate relegation final all didn't look well in the Tourin camp? Will the Fives stick with them? Lot of talk of a move with their father supposedly after joining a neighbouring club.

Hope I won't be lambasted for "gossip" but seen as its a Waterford GAA discussion page it seems fair to discuss these topics.

Any word on management changes for the coming year at club level? Will Joxer hold on to his position with Dungarvan? Will Denis Walsh stay with Ballygunner? Who will take on the task of attempting to bring Lismore back up?
    There is always transfer rumours this time of year and from watching the intermediate relegation final all didn't look well in the Tourin camp? Will the Fives stick with them? Lot of talk of a move with their father supposedly after joining a neighbouring club.

Hope I won't be lambasted for "gossip" but seen as its a Waterford GAA discussion page it seems fair to discuss these topics.

Down with that sort of thing Ted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

Bang on. In in the"public interest".

Jaysus that Micko lad disappeared off the face the earth. He must have taken the final defeat shocking bad.

Still here my friend. But seeing as the club scene is over I've chosen not to get involved in rumours and innuendo. This is a GAA discussion page not a gossip column.
    Yes I did take the county final defeat badly but that's just cos I was disappointed we didn't win. Despite what people may say here we had a chance at start of second half to put our stamp on the game and didn't take it.
    Our lads gave their all and I feel that as a group of players we could not have asked for more and should be very proud of them. Next year we will probably be tipped for relegation again but we will just carry on doing what we do without anyone takin any notice of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Well Disco, definitely much to play out but, Joxer is due to be ratified this Friday with Dungarvan, but with the caveat of our former U21 Manager being foisted on him as a selector. Can't see big Jim liking this but maybe Archie might know more.

As for Ballygunner, bald eagle has definitely designs on taking them over again next year but Denis Walsh getting the lads to a Munster final wasn't in the script. So as you know with the Gunners, with so many egos and so many power plays always in in the mix, nobody knows what will happen.

The players in Lismore want Dave Bennett back and I'd say it's fairly nailed on that he will, with a bit of help from another former Lismore player, but there might be a bit of double jobbing going on here.

As for Tourin, there is so much strife going on both within the player set up and the backroom team anything is likely to happen but loads of rumours about Cappoquin looking to get some gains.

Oh yeah, one more thing, it looks like Flynner has been overlooked by the County Board for the U21 job in favour of Derek.

To quote yourself "Hope I won't be lambasted for "gossip" but seen as its a Waterford GAA discussion page it seems fair to discuss these topics"

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    Well Disco, definitely much to play out but, Joxer is due to be ratified this Friday with Dungarvan, but with the caveat of our former U21 Manager being foisted on him as a selector. Can't see big Jim liking this but maybe Archie might know more.

As for Ballygunner, bald eagle has definitely designs on taking them over again next year but Denis Walsh getting the lads to a Munster final wasn't in the script. So as you know with the Gunners, with so many egos and so many power plays always in in the mix, nobody knows what will happen.

The players in Lismore want Dave Bennett back and I'd say it's fairly nailed on that he will, with a bit of help from another former Lismore player, but there might be a bit of double jobbing going on here.

As for Tourin, there is so much strife going on both within the player set up and the backroom team anything is likely to happen but loads of rumours about Cappoquin looking to get some gains.

Oh yeah, one more thing, it looks like Flynner has been overlooked by the County Board for the U21 job in favour of Derek.

To quote yourself "Hope I won't be lambasted for "gossip" but seen as its a Waterford GAA discussion page it seems fair to discuss these topics"

Anyone know of any other managerial appointments? What's happening in DLS next year?
    Ballyduff should be interesting with the Murray's moving from Cappoquin. Has the father gotten involved with Ballyduff aswell?

Anyone know of any other managerial appointments? What's happening in DLS next year?
    Ballyduff should be interesting with the Murray's moving from Cappoquin. Has the father gotten involved with Ballyduff aswell?

Only one of the Murrays gone there I believe Micko. And yes the father has been made a member there aswell. He had to be a member of a club if he's to take up his position as minor hurling selector next year. I can see DLS getting their house in order for next year,they must be distraught at how easily Ballygunner got to a Munster club final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And I'm closing this again temporarily. Once again people are failing to read the clear mod note in the first post.
    Can't be bothered to go through the thread at this hour so it'll remain closed until one of us can read through it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Right I'm reopening this thread now.
    Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the thread regularly descending into tit for tat insults between posters. From now on, it won't be a card but a ban straight away for anything like this. The mod warning is clear in the first post but yet people still ignore it.
    Also, I'd like to remind people of the ban on discussing players'/managers'/officials' private lives without any substance. You can be getting into libelous territory there. So a zero tolerance policy will be enforced as well.

And it's ridiculous that I have to constantly point this out, but report any posts you feel breaks the rules.

so were without Stephen Bennett and Pauric Mahony for the league next year.

any word on who the 2016 captain will be. id give Noel Connors a go

Is Shane Bennett playing in the fitzgibbon next year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,515 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ballygunner up against it on Sunday I fear. Fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so were without Stephen Bennett and Pauric Mahony for the league next year.

any word on who the 2016 captain will be. id give Noel Connors a go

Is Shane Bennett playing in the fitzgibbon next year ??

Moran captain

Shane bennett playing freshers lit. They are in final next week

KevIRL wrote: »

A miracle if they pulled it off.
    But here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

KevIRL wrote: »

Its a very tall order for them, especially with the 2 mahonys missing and considering the talent Na Piarsaigh have in their ranks 9 to 4 is about fair. But they showed against the Glen Rovers they have other players who can step up to it too. Looking at the teams left in the other provinces there's no world beaters there, they would have a good chance of the All Ireland should they win Munster, but of course that's getting ahead of ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement