Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

I'm in the same boat annoyedgal... I've just accepted that it'll most likely be a 2016 baby at this stage. Back to consultant tomorrow for a quick look but hes not as bothered as I am bout it being a big baby & I'm back again on the 29th to make the plan. Daddy is delighted though as hes concerned about bubs being the team runt in sport so at least one of us is happy to wait another 10 days for some action! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I suppose on the plus side Smiley we probably won't be in over Christmas! Have to look for positives in this situation!

Anyone else overdue and p@#sed off! No signs of anything stirring here except bump finally dropping a bit. Induction feels inevitable at this stage but still a week away as hs let's you go 14 days over.
    So so envious of all the December mums so far. Hope your well doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hang in there ladies. I'm still in shock that it's all over and I have my wee woman here. Second time round and everything seems to be easier. Maybe we're more relaxed or something.
    I was 4 days over due this time and 10 days over last time...they have to be the longest days of our lives!
    Sending you all 'peace and calm' (my mantra through the labour) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Anyone else overdue and p@#sed off! No signs of anything stirring here except bump finally dropping a bit. Induction feels inevitable at this stage but still a week away as hs let's you go 14 days over.
    So so envious of all the December mums so far. Hope your well doing great!

Ah it's so tough going overdue! I was in the January 2014 group, I was due the 4th and remember thinking that no matter what, at least I knew he'd be born in January, if not before then! (He was 11th January in the end.) It's hard being due towards the end of the month and seeing everyone else go before you!

I had a scan the morning I went into labour, at that stage the doctor said there was no sign of anything starting anytime soon and his head hadn't fully engaged, so she booked me in for induction a week later. My waters broke just a few hours later, and he was born that night! (No sweep or anything that might have set things off.) It could happen for you any time now. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Your right Diamond Doll, think it's hard being at the end of the month, it's a psychological thing going into January! Just seems so far away at this point but as you said could happen anytime. I'm walking like a demon here. Might try a hill walk tom as read that can get things going ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks guys. Your right Diamond Doll, think it's hard being at the end of the month, it's a psychological thing going into January! Just seems so far away at this point but as you said could happen anytime. I'm walking like a demon here. Might try a hill walk tom as read that can get things going ☺

Definitely don't give up just yet! I was convinced I was for another induction at a week over! Especially since they don't induce over the weekend, I had until Friday 11th and went naturally on the Tuesday morning! Didn't do anything, woke up with what I assumed were Braxton Hicks and was due for a sweep anyway. Car broke down in floods, had to knock a stranger out of bed at 8am to give an ambulance directions!! :o We got to the hospital at 9.30 after leaving home at 7am and they told me I was 8cm at 10. And before 11.30 she was out! :pac: Had no idea I was in labour and STILL can't believe I went naturally without trying any of the old reliables! And only a week previous the midwife attempted a sweep and told me there wasn't a hope of me going any time soon!

Wow Shasha that's such a great birth story! Can't believe you were 8 cm going into hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Right I'll send you a PM of what seemed to get things going for me ... I'm not willing to post it publicly! :D Might be worth a try!

Wow Shasha that's such a great birth story! Can't believe you were 8 cm going into hospital!

Neither could I! Its utterly amazing how quickly my body just decided enough was enough and I was none the wiser!

• Advertisement

Well as predicted my baby waited until January to make an entrance! Was 11 days over on new years eve and had a hospital appointment where I was told I was totally unfavourable and would need to be induced.
    Went for an accupuncture session at 3.00 and my waters broke at 9.00 pm that same eve!
    Was sent home to allow contractions to start and back in new years day on labour.
    Little man born at 7.00 pm on New years day! Had a good labour but few difficulties after with fever and retained placenta so five days later we made it home! He's a little star and was well worth the wait . Hope all the December mums are doing great!

Well as predicted my baby waited until January to make an entrance! Was 11 days over on new years eve and had a hospital appointment where I was told I was totally unfavourable and would need to be induced.
    Went for an accupuncture session at 3.00 and my waters broke at 9.00 pm that same eve!
    Was sent home to allow contractions to start and back in new years day on labour.
    Little man born at 7.00 pm on New years day! Had a good labour but few difficulties after with fever and retained placenta so five days later we made it home! He's a little star and was well worth the wait . Hope all the December mums are doing great!

That's great news, congrats!!! :D

Advertisement