Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Going to be bold and post in here. Other half is due very end of November, but alas the November thread is super quiet so this one seems to be where the action is..

Had 12 week scan Friday, and told family and friends this weekend. Its our first after ages trying so very exciting all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Going to be bold and post in here. Other half is due very end of November, but alas the November thread is super quiet so this one seems to be where the action is..

Had 12 week scan Friday, and told family and friends this weekend. Its our first after ages trying so very exciting all round!

I'm due 30th november, so no worries joining us exciting folk ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

How is everyone doing? I'm 12 wks tomorrow & morning sickness has been very bad this week. The tummy cramps have ceased thou I still have very sore breasts. have been getting sciatica pain at night in my back, anyone else experience this?

How is everyone doing? I'm 12 wks tomorrow & morning sickness has been very bad this week. The tummy cramps have ceased thou I still have very sore breasts. have been getting sciatica pain at night in my back, anyone else experience this?

I'm getting the odd spasm that can be quite painful, but nothing really constant! No more sore boobies for me, but terrible amounts of trapped gas (that gives me stomach cramps) and the odd bout of period-type cramping too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

Extremely bloated & constipated here still. My friend said this eases around the 10 week mark so I'm living in hope! Off to the doctor this week to see if she can help!

• Advertisement

Smiley11 wrote: »
    Extremely bloated & constipated here still. My friend said this eases around the 10 week mark so I'm living in hope! Off to the doctor this week to see if she can help!

my bloating and constipation is only easing now at 12 weeks. Plenty or prune juice has helped thou. x

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

well I was following the October thread a few years ago and had a September baby. felt cheated:) so you're welcome here.

got my first appointment tomorrow and telling everyone after that. finding it hard to hide expanding tummy in work. been feeling pretty good so far but WRECKED but that's just because our daughter insists on waking at 5.30/6 EVERY morning.

Well I drank a shed load of water yesterday & walked even though I thought I was going to drop to the ground in a coma! Also went walking today & feel so much better for the first time in weeks so maybe it was the exercise I was lacking.

I take my hat off to those of you who have kids already & are coping so well because we had our nephews on Sunday & my god its tough...especially when getting elbowed into the sore boobs! How do ye do it??!!

Well I drank a shed load of water yesterday & walked even though I thought I was going to drop to the ground in a coma! Also went walking today & feel so much better for the first time in weeks so maybe it was the exercise I was lacking.

I take my hat off to those of you who have kids already & are coping so well because we had our nephews on Sunday & my god its tough...especially when getting elbowed into the sore boobs! How do ye do it??!!

It's surprisingly not as difficult with your own babies :o It sounds harsh, but with someone else's you are aware that they aren't your "problem" and you can resent them depriving you of a nap/snack/peace :pac:
    Abigail's a great age anyway, she gets up around 9am, goes to bed by 8.30pm and has 2 hour-long naps in the day. I nap when she naps and eat when she eats so I've a pretty pregnancy-friendly routine with her included :D

Had my booking appointment with the midwife yesterday, took an hour! Slept in because baba was in her nanny's house and had to rush out without anything to eat. After the second cartridge of blood, I could feel my eyes rolling in my head :pac:
    Got to hear heartbeat though, thumping nice and strong so it was good to know things are still going well after the scan a week ago. No more midwife until the middle of July, so just a GP visit in about a month. Booking the gender scan in about 6 weeks too, desperately excited to see bubs in 3D!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

Hi All

I seem to ranted last week and never got to write anything else since. Tiredness is my big thing, I'm fit for nothing in the evenings around 8pm and my sense of smell, wow, it's terribly annoying... most things are making me gag... even my boyfriend, what ever deodorant he had on the other day, I just couldn't be near him, up until then he thought it was funny but when it happened that he was making me gag, he was very upset. oops
    I'm gone off tea, has this happened to anybody else? and my love for cream crackers has gone up a notch!

Still have sore boobs, get a few cramps and some back pain most days, which are uncomfortable come bed time, lots of tossing and turning. Headaches seem to be the new thing this week, fairly intense headache last night that I took to the bed around 8pm. All in All, I feel I can't really complain, I'm doing good again, after the stomach bug last week, which I wouldn't wish on anybody.

How is everyone else?

• Advertisement

Daisygirl wrote: »
    Hi All

I seem to ranted last week and never got to write anything else since. Tiredness is my big thing, I'm fit for nothing in the evenings around 8pm and my sense of smell, wow, it's terribly annoying... most things are making me gag... even my boyfriend, what ever deodorant he had on the other day, I just couldn't be near him, up until then he thought it was funny but when it happened that he was making me gag, he was very upset. oops
    I'm gone off tea, has this happened to anybody else? and my love for cream crackers has gone up a notch!

Still have sore boobs, get a few cramps and some back pain most days, which are uncomfortable come bed time, lots of tossing and turning. Headaches seem to be the new thing this week, fairly intense headache last night that I took to the bed around 8pm. All in All, I feel I can't really complain, I'm doing good again, after the stomach bug last week, which I wouldn't wish on anybody.

How is everyone else?

Gone off tea, as in the beverage? Would you be a big tea drinker? I went off tea with both pregnancies, but had to force myself to have three mugs a day - if my caffeine levels dwindled, I'd get ferocious migraines, which would leave me getting sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

Yes, tea the beverage... I mostly drink Green Tea but I couldn't handle that and normal tea or lemon tea, aren't working either. I wouldn't have been a big tea drinker but I would like a cuppa in the evening with a chocolate biscuit... I've gone mad on orange juice.

Yes, tea the beverage... I mostly drink Green Tea but I couldn't handle that and normal tea or lemon tea, aren't working either. I wouldn't have been a big tea drinker but I would like a cuppa in the evening with a chocolate biscuit... I've gone mad on orange juice.

Well the orange juice is good, helps absorb iron properly :)
    I'm starving but can't find anything suitable for dinner for 1! Abi is getting spuds and gravy with some brussell sprouts and OH won't be home for dinner, feel like it could end up being biscuits for me :o

Hi All

How is everyone else?

Hiya hun, I've massively gone off tea too!!
    Im the exact same with the sleeping, boobs hurt cant get comfortable & im just exhausted now more so from throwing up.
    I'm off to the doctors now to get a sick note for work & im just too sick and worn out to be going in there the next few days.
    hope everyone else is feeling better
    xxxx

Hiya hun, I've massively gone off tea too!!
    Im the exact same with the sleeping, boobs hurt cant get comfortable & im just exhausted now more so from throwing up.
    I'm off to the doctors now to get a sick note for work & im just too sick and worn out to be going in there the next few days.
    hope everyone else is feeling better
    xxxx

I always say I can take a lot of crap in pregnancy, but morning sickness would cripple me - I HATE vomiting :(
    Power to you for not quitting work entirely and hiding in a hole wallowing in self-pity (exactly what I would do if I even got sick once :pac: )

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I always say I can take a lot of crap in pregnancy, but morning sickness would cripple me - I HATE vomiting :(
    Power to you for not quitting work entirely and hiding in a hole wallowing in self-pity (exactly what I would do if I even got sick once :pac: )

I'm just out and she said i've Hyperemesis gravidarum aka the extreme morning sickness. She wanted me to go up to hospital to go on a drip but I've two other girls so we compromised I'll rest for the next few days and try and drink plenty of water (fingers crossed i keep it down) & see how i am next week.
    At least I'm signed off work for the next week.
    xxx

How's everyone feeling today?
    Hitting 14 weeks on Monday! Plenty of movement, get at least 2 strong pops a day and have heard heartbeat with midwife as well :D
    Starting to show quite obviously despite the extra weight, so it's great to be free and easy with those tighter tshirts again! :pac:
    Still feeling great, just a bit tired and hard to satisfy the hunger!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Having an early scan tom, think I'm somewhere around 10 weeks but unsure so will be good to get some more accurate info. Pretty anxious about it, just really hope it goes well and can relax a bit then and tell the parents. Must be great to be 14 weeks and not keeping it a secret!

It's a great relief alright! Helps that I've a good support network so I'm getting extra help when I'm overly tired and need a rest!

Had early scan today. Due date pushed back a week until 27th Dec! I'm just hanging in there on the Dec 15 thread! 10 weeks tom, all looked well and good strong heartbeat. Delighted! Can relax a little and tell the parents.

• Advertisement

Great to see everybody is doing so well...bar some unavoidable symptoms! Really looking forward to reading about the first scans, mine isn't until Tuesday week but I'm more comfortable now I'm into the double figures in the weeks! I've lost the run of myself completely with eating so have decided June is going to be a healthy month! Biscuits, crisps & ice creams are being banned & replaced by fruit & veg! I've put on completely unnecessary weight so need to reel it in...has anybody experienced similar or got advice on repairing the damage without risk!??

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling today?
    Hitting 14 weeks on Monday! Plenty of movement, get at least 2 strong pops a day and have heard heartbeat with midwife as well :D
    Starting to show quite obviously despite the extra weight, so it's great to be free and easy with those tighter tshirts again! :pac:
    Still feeling great, just a bit tired and hard to satisfy the hunger!

I'm getting movements aswell!! Its very reassuring :)
    My morning sickness finally left me sunday. am feeling much better now thank god! besides back pain i seem to get at night when im lying down.

How is everyone else feeling? xx

Finally I've hit Trimester 2! Can you believe it!?! I know I can't!
    Pops and kicks all over the place, starting to sort of tell when I might get them. With the extra weight, I do have to sit a bit funny to feel it sometimes, but nevertheless :pac:

Very, very, very tired still (silly update emails telling me that stops this week :o ) and went to bed at 7.30 last night and only got up a half-hour ago! Baby is in her grandparents house for two nights (OH's MIL has been in US for three weeks and was dying to spend some time with her).

I am DESPERATE to find out the gender, got a list on Ravelry as long as my arm of baby stuff I want to crochet, but I'd prefer to wait until I get an idea of which neutral colour to lean towards :P

Smiley, as you know, I piled on a fricking tonne weight with my girl. 6 stone or thereabouts. And I'm finding it very hard this time not to let it take over me again. I've got about 4lbs on so far, compared to 13lbs last time at the same stage. And in fairness to me, this last week was pretty poor financially, so we had to make do with a lot of emergency food which wouldn't be slimming friendly :o
    The trick is not to refuse temptation but to remove temptation. Any time you see a deal for diet coke/7-up/orange etc, buy one or two big 2l bottles. Guzzle if you feel like snacking. It's syn free and will make you feel a bit ill and bloated, and you almost definitely won't feel like eating afterwards. Don't buy anything that you know you would eat but shouldn't. If you need little cheats, buy stuff that is less dangerous if binged. Like if you bought one of the share size bags of Doritos to eat, you're looking at over 1300 calories. A 6-pack bag of Quavers is only 540 calories if you eat all 6 bags!

Freezer bag meals are your friends. Beef stew, chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese, Dublin coddle, veg or meat curry, pasta bakes, meat and veg dinner (piece of chicken or beef, prepared veg) and soup mixes can all be put raw but prepped into a ziplock bag, and taken out of the freezer the night before you want it. If you have a big slow cooker, most of them can literally be dumped straight in there when defrosted and left on low to heat up or cook. All you'll have to do is peel a few spuds or boil a pot of pasta.
    If you buy lunch boxes like the one chinese takeaway comes in, you can freeze the leftovers of whatever you cook! It's great for the soups and things like lasagne or bolognese.

Thanks ShaSha for the great advice & huge congratulations on hitting T2!!! I can't wait to get there & start getting excited! I've been working non stop over the last few days so convenience food featured heavily & I honestly think I've put up a good stone in the last few weeks...its been that bad!! I've been really good today so far & am following the Slimming World plan in an effort to take control & stop inhaling calorific food! At least with SW I'm eating fine healthy dinners & plenty of them! Keeping the treats minimal with plenty of fruit & fat free yogurts to stem the sweet food pangs! I put back the special offer 4 pack of Magnums yesterday in Super Valu yesterday so that in itself was a massive achievement! ;)

I also have absolutely no motivation to even go for a short walk which isn't helping so realistically at the moment, I feel like a rapidly gaining weight frump with nothing to show for it so the sooner this scan happens the better so it might give me an ol boost! Enough with the vain self pity anyway! Its great that everyone is doing well & to have this thread for advice & sanity reassurance!

Thanks ShaSha for the great advice & huge congratulations on hitting T2!!! I can't wait to get there & start getting excited! I've been working non stop over the last few days so convenience food featured heavily & I honestly think I've put up a good stone in the last few weeks...its been that bad!! I've been really good today so far & am following the Slimming World plan in an effort to take control & stop inhaling calorific food! At least with SW I'm eating fine healthy dinners & plenty of them! Keeping the treats minimal with plenty of fruit & fat free yogurts to stem the sweet food pangs! I put back the special offer 4 pack of Magnums yesterday in Super Valu yesterday so that in itself was a massive achievement! ;)

I also have absolutely no motivation to even go for a short walk which isn't helping so realistically at the moment, I feel like a rapidly gaining weight frump with nothing to show for it so the sooner this scan happens the better so it might give me an ol boost! Enough with the vain self pity anyway! Its great that everyone is doing well & to have this thread for advice & sanity reassurance!

Can you follow SW while pregnant? A slimming world has actually opened up a minute from my house so i hope to join once i have baby too!!

Has anyone participated in the Domino Scheme or plan to?

You can although personally I don't see the point at the rate I'm going. You need permission from your doctor/midwife & have to eat extra fibre & calcium while maintaining their healthy eating plan. I couldn't stay for class the last time so didn't get to ask the consultant what their stance is on doing the plan or how it works out in general. Shes pregnant herself & looks fab so I'd say using their guidelines is acceptable once you're not desperately trying to lose weight as your pregnancy progresses! I gave up going cos its pointless paying €9 a week to inevitably gain weight. I lost over 1.5 st on it prior to this bombshell but at least I'm not having a surprise pregnancy a couple of stone heavier! I presume women use it mainly as a means of keeping their diet healthy while not gaining any unnecessary weight during pregnancy.

The breastfeeding plan works off the same healthy eating plus a lot of extra fibre & calcium for the duration.

As for after...if I have to run to class laden with baby, buggy & all the accessories in the lashing rain & howling winds I will be going back in February! Its a great plan, full of sensible eating & you can definitely follow it while breastfeeding. There are loads of women with newborns at the classes & you can see the difference in them within a couple of months. Real yummy mummy stuff! :)

You can although personally I don't see the point at the rate I'm going. You need permission from your doctor/midwife & have to eat extra fibre & calcium while maintaining their healthy eating plan. I couldn't stay for class the last time so didn't get to ask the consultant what their stance is on doing the plan or how it works out in general. Shes pregnant herself & looks fab so I'd say using their guidelines is acceptable once you're not desperately trying to lose weight as your pregnancy progresses! I gave up going cos its pointless paying €9 a week to inevitably gain weight. I lost over 1.5 st on it prior to this bombshell but at least I'm not having a surprise pregnancy a couple of stone heavier! I presume women use it mainly as a means of keeping their diet healthy while not gaining any unnecessary weight during pregnancy.

The breastfeeding plan works off the same healthy eating plus a lot of extra fibre & calcium for the duration.

As for after...if I have to run to class laden with baby, buggy & all the accessories in the lashing rain & howling winds I will be going back in February! Its a great plan, full of sensible eating & you can definitely follow it while breastfeeding. There are loads of women with newborns at the classes & you can see the difference in them within a couple of months. Real yummy mummy stuff! :)

Thanks for the post. I did the diet online a few years back before my wedding & was surprised by how quickly i dropped weight although once i stopped i did gain it back.

Yeah I quit group as well as the 9 a week seemed like a bit of a waste but once I have the baba I'm straight back into group for the breastfeeding plan!!

Hope everyone is getting on well. Had 12 week booking appointment in Holles st today. Clinic was so organised, was really impressed! All done in an hour with mini scan and pictures. Quality nothing like the private scans but didn't matter!
    Feeling much better this week, nausea mostly gone and irritability definitely gone down! Tiredness has stepped up though so that's the pay off. How's everyone else?

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hope everyone is getting on well. Had 12 week booking appointment in Holles st today. Clinic was so organised, was really impressed! All done in an hour with mini scan and pictures. Quality nothing like the private scans but didn't matter!
    Feeling much better this week, nausea mostly gone and irritability definitely gone down! Tiredness has stepped up though so that's the pay off. How's everyone else?

16 weeks today! Saw my GP for the inbetween visit on Friday, and it appears I've put on no weight since I was 12 weeks (85kg on doc scales and hospital scales, however my mother's scales say I've put on 9lbs since I got pregnant - still not too bad!)
    Got to hear heartbeat again, and I'm getting very strong kicks daily that Daddy is able to feel as well!
    Booking the gender scan in 4 weeks time - really, really getting a girl vibe! Although last time I got a very distinct boy vibe and it turned out to be a girl :pac: The pregnancies aren't really all that different, the cravings are a tad stronger than last time and definitely far more savory based than last time too!
    No sickness, but still very snappy and tired. I don't snap for no reason, but I run out of patience much quicker with something that would have annoyed me anyway if that makes sense.

Advertisement