Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The only person I know that got an anomaly scan in the hospital was having twins, everyone else I know booked a private one at 19-22 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

Hi all,

Due Christmas Eve on my first & am just a nervous wreck waiting for my first scan at 12 weeks! Is it normal to be petrified of something bad happening?! I'm just counting down the days & don't want to feel so stressed!

Hope you're all dong really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Smiley11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Due Christmas Eve on my first & am just a nervous wreck waiting for my first scan at 12 weeks! Is it normal to be petrified of something bad happening?! I'm just counting down the days & don't want to feel so stressed!

Hope you're all dong really well!

Perfectly normal. I was crying and shaking in the waiting room for my scan today, and this is my second baby. I was convinced there was going to be no heartbeat, despite the fact I've felt the baby move for days now :o

Thanks ShaShaBear! I feel awful checking my undies at every (frequent) trip to the bathroom! I just find it hard to fathom theres a heartbeat in there already. I'm afraid to get excited yet am already wandering in looking at buggies (unbeknowns to Daddy who can never be told the actual prices of these things!) & feel I'm tempting fate. I'm just looking forward to not feeling guilty & being able to be excited!

Thanks ShaShaBear! I feel awful checking my undies at every (frequent) trip to the bathroom! I just find it hard to fathom theres a heartbeat in there already. I'm afraid to get excited yet am already wandering in looking at buggies (unbeknowns to Daddy who can never be told the actual prices of these things!) & feel I'm tempting fate. I'm just looking forward to not feeling guilty & being able to be excited!

I accidentally bought my daughter's pram when I was only 9 weeks gone :P Granted, we got it second hand at a very, very good price so worst case, we easily would have gotten back what we paid. But I know, the urge to have something physical and exterior to represent the pregnancy is overwhelming. I didn't really feel totally comfortable until I could see the movements on the outside, as I had constant visible reassurance that everything was okay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im due 27th of dec :) went for an ultrasound yest though and the tech said she couldn't see anything as its too early, was left nervous though as I am 7 weeks if you count from my last menstrual period, so thought the embryo would be visible :( but trying not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 32 zoe88

Congrats :) also due December (27th) so a Xmas baby hopefully... Went for an early ultrasound yest but the tech said I was too early and all she could see was sac.. Which has left me a small bit nervous, as I am 7 weeks (counting from last menstural period) but staying positive :)

I declined the early scan as I was nervous but I kind of regret it now as I'm nervous anyway...even if it is too soon I think the physical act of going to the clinic might have calmed & reassured me a bit.

I think you're right ShaSha about the visible reassurance as all I have to go on is a copy of "What to Expect" & I'm trying to go easy on him as this was unplanned & a big shock to him, being 40, so I'm being very gentle! ;)

I declined the early scan as I was nervous but I kind of regret it now as I'm nervous anyway...even if it is too soon I think the physical act of going to the clinic might have calmed & reassured me a bit.

I think you're right ShaSha about the visible reassurance as all I have to go on is a copy of "What to Expect" & I'm trying to go easy on him as this was unplanned & a big shock to him, being 40, so I'm being very gentle! ;)

I booked mine to be reassured but I'm anything but! Its my second baby but so nervous,12 week scan in June won't come fast enough

After the joy of the 12 week scan wears off, you'll be nervous again :o And then when your baby is huge and makes your entire stomach move, you'll still be nervous (if he/she decides to have a nap sometime and you lose your mind poking and prodding and downing coke in the hopes that they'll wake up), when you go into labour you'll be nervous, when you get your newborn you'll be nervous, when you get them home, you'll not be able to sleep a wink as you'll have had the very grounding (but necessary) lecture on cot-death and you'll still be nervous. When that passes, your baby will probably be moving onto solids. Then comes the nerves that baby will choke on something. Then comes the crawling/walking. Then you'll be nervous that baby will fall and crack their poor head :o
    You see where I'm going with this :pac:

• Advertisement

It sounds like we're all in the same boat even without being first timers! Thanks girls because I feel far less like a complete nutjob now! Perhaps my time would be better spent trying to work out how not to eat everything in sight & find a natural remedy for constipation & bloating! At least we'll have the extra boost & reassurance of the early December girls posting about their scans & helping us along the way! :)

It sounds like we're all in the same boat even without being first timers! Thanks girls because I feel far less like a complete nutjob now! Perhaps my time would be better spent trying to work out how not to eat everything in sight & find a natural remedy for constipation & bloating! At least we'll have the extra boost & reassurance of the early December girls posting about their scans & helping us along the way! :)

I'm eating like a horse. Dodged morning sickness this time and last time, but I get hungry often, and if I don't eat I get a migraine, which makes me nauseous, which makes me sick, which empties my stomach, which makes me hungry... and you get me :D
    Boiled eggs with melted cheese is a big thing right now. As are brussell sprouts in Erin savoury gravy. Not with a dinner. Just on their own, for lunch :pac:
    Completely gone off chocolate, and very much about crisps at the minute! Cheese and onion especially!
    As for the bloat, nothing I did helped that - last time or this time. Think it's just a natural part of it. I'm a bit heavier from having my daughter, so when I bloat after a meal I really, honestly look about 6 months gone! At least now I have it announced so people won't feel uncomfortable trying to figure out if I just got really fat or not :pac:

Interesting craving combinations! Mine seem to just be focussed on anything calorific that will make me feel crapper! :D I had lost 1.5 stone before this bombshell dropped & had hoped to lose another half stone before falling pregnant...thats certainly not going to happen now but what harm! I was a smoker until I found out so thats part on the constant ravenous behaviour but I'm trying to give myself a break & I'll take myself to task shortly. I haven't been physically sick either but have had nausea a couple of times...I can't rule it out as my Mum suffered violent morning sickness on us so I'm just thankful for being spared so far. I honestly feel like I have a bucket of cement in my gut & had to open my trousers in work today because the bloating was horrific! Its great that you have "come out" now & can relax in your own skin...I can't wait to be able to put looser pants on this gut! :D

It's the cereal for dinner that's getting me by lol, still have really sore boobs and nausea the odd time so im taking that as a good sign and trying not to worry :)

Interesting craving combinations! Mine seem to just be focussed on anything calorific that will make me feel crapper! :D I had lost 1.5 stone before this bombshell dropped & had hoped to lose another half stone before falling pregnant...thats certainly not going to happen now but what harm! I was a smoker until I found out so thats part on the constant ravenous behaviour but I'm trying to give myself a break & I'll take myself to task shortly. I haven't been physically sick either but have had nausea a couple of times...I can't rule it out as my Mum suffered violent morning sickness on us so I'm just thankful for being spared so far. I honestly feel like I have a bucket of cement in my gut & had to open my trousers in work today because the bloating was horrific! Its great that you have "come out" now & can relax in your own skin...I can't wait to be able to put looser pants on this gut! :D
    zoe88 wrote: »
    It's the cereal for dinner that's getting me by lol, still have really sore boobs and nausea the odd time so im taking that as a good sign and trying not to worry :)

My mum had it quite bad too, but seems I was totally spared last time and this time I have had a few close calls, but they were all hunger-related!
    Bought myself a pair of Harem pants in Penneys and I am literally living in them! They are so comfy, and the waistband is one of the flat elastic ones, rather than the kind that digs in. I can roll the waistband down really easy if the bloat is too much!

Cereal, that's another thing I'm big on! Been at Slimming World so usually I'd just have Weetabix or porridge, but I've been having bowls of Crunchy Nut so big I might as well suck it up and put it in a saucepan :pac:

I was at SW too so I'm just going to face the music tomorrow after skipping last week in the hope that I get a big enough shock to make myself cop on! Those pants sound like heaven & I must have them!!! I had a small bowl of Alpen last night & it was lovely so I had another small bowl filled to the brim with the muesli squashed down under the full fat milk...I have no shame. I need help.

I was at SW too so I'm just going to face the music tomorrow after skipping last week in the hope that I get a big enough shock to make myself cop on! Those pants sound like heaven & I must have them!!! I had a small bowl of Alpen last night & it was lovely so I had another small bowl filled to the brim with the muesli squashed down under the full fat milk...I have no shame. I need help.

I've left and am doing it from home, my consultant was a disaster! Has no clue of the plans and is purely an online presence! Goes pure quiet in group and usually spends the first 45 minutes making an effort to talk to the first two people who weighed in, then has to quickly call out the other results and let everyone leave :pac: First week at home I lost 2lb, and last week got 0.5lbs off. I'd be really happy if I could just maintain this weight (apart from the baby itself obviously) as it's not a huge weight and quite manageable clothes-wise!

I went today because I needed a good kicking & was up 6.5lbs!!!! OMFG!!! I'm only 8 weeks in so thats horrific carry on! I'm blaming my thyroid problems, constipation & those damn cigarettes forcing me to eat constantly anyway...seriously a few of those lbs have to go quickly before this poor kid needs a few extra calories! ;D

I went today because I needed a good kicking & was up 6.5lbs!!!! OMFG!!! I'm only 8 weeks in so thats horrific carry on! I'm blaming my thyroid problems, constipation & those damn cigarettes forcing me to eat constantly anyway...seriously a few of those lbs have to go quickly before this poor kid needs a few extra calories! ;D

Ouch! I put on a total of 55lbs with Abigail. I was 11stone to start! Lost around 14lbs the day after birth, and was down to 14st8lbs by the time she was 6 weeks old! Sitting around 13 now at the minute. Obviously now that I'm at 11 weeks, I can't really expect to shift that last 2 stone, but thinking if I can get down into the 12stone bracket and let the baby weight creep me back up into 13, I won't be any bigger! :pac:

Oh jeebus! I was 11st 3lbs 2 wks ago & now I'm nearly rocking the 12's!! Ya if you got into the 12st it'd be great for you cos then you could afford a little bit extra over the next 6 months ;) At least you're cuter this time round & will be more mindful of the weight gain. Of course its inevitable but we can control it with a bit of cop on...clearly I've lost the rag altogether in the last fortnight but I'm going to try to pull it back now for the next 4 weeks because I don't want to feel like utter crap because I've eaten myself that way! I hope I don't sound self absorbed or vain because obviously the baby is my priority but I've never been skinny & put a lot of work into the weight loss so for my own self confidence I'd love to be able to feel happy in myself & enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible for the duration.

Men have it so easy! :D

• Advertisement

Oh jeebus! I was 11st 3lbs 2 wks ago & now I'm nearly rocking the 12's!! Ya if you got into the 12st it'd be great for you cos then you could afford a little bit extra over the next 6 months ;) At least you're cuter this time round & will be more mindful of the weight gain. Of course its inevitable but we can control it with a bit of cop on...clearly I've lost the rag altogether in the last fortnight but I'm going to try to pull it back now for the next 4 weeks because I don't want to feel like utter crap because I've eaten myself that way! I hope I don't sound self absorbed or vain because obviously the baby is my priority but I've never been skinny & put a lot of work into the weight loss so for my own self confidence I'd love to be able to feel happy in myself & enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible for the duration.

Men have it so easy! :D

Not vain at all, trust me! I was lucky, I had a very, very large bump so it didn't look at all like I put on weight and rather that I was carrying a huge baby! Family put bets on when I went in to get induced and my mother won as the closest weight at 9lbs140z... Abigail was only 8lbs3oz :pac:
    But after she was born, I was so upset with my size! I didn't care about the pouch from carrying her, but without her to stretch me out, everything looked as big as it was!
    Have had a good soup this past three days, and having lasagne tonight for dinner! Got a punnet of strawberries and grapes to get through before they start to go funky as well, and my sister weighs me Friday morning before we head up the town! Hoping to see a pound or 2 off!

God imagine if she'd been the weights higher than your mothers guess! I think I was 9lbs 6oz so I'd say that was no party! My friends son was over 11lbs & I don't know how she did it & was still able to smile! I've always had a bit of a belly so I'm hoping that even if I develop a big bump that theres enough elasticity there already to save me a few stretch marks! ;)

I just had some fruit & porridge (bad constipation..tmi!) & I'm going to attempt a couple of healthy days. I've been advised to get prune juice but the thoughts of taking it are turning my stomach but I suppose something will have to give! The SW lasagne is divine & I also got a recipe for the vegetable pakoras so I'm going to try those tomorrow cos they sound divine & are free!

God imagine if she'd been the weights higher than your mothers guess! I think I was 9lbs 6oz so I'd say that was no party! My friends son was over 11lbs & I don't know how she did it & was still able to smile! I've always had a bit of a belly so I'm hoping that even if I develop a big bump that theres enough elasticity there already to save me a few stretch marks! ;)

I just had some fruit & porridge (bad constipation..tmi!) & I'm going to attempt a couple of healthy days. I've been advised to get prune juice but the thoughts of taking it are turning my stomach but I suppose something will have to give! The SW lasagne is divine & I also got a recipe for the vegetable pakoras so I'm going to try those tomorrow cos they sound divine & are free!

Ive not had any constipation yet, had it very bad last time (although I was much better at taking my iron tablets last time too :pac: ). My stomach is riddled in stretchmarks now, and all down my thighs and bum! Suppose it can't get any worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

Hi All

First time to post here, I'm due 2nd Dec this is my first. I'm just over the terrible stomach/vomitting bug and feel good today. BUT...I've turned into an Anxious Annie.... I have the sore boobs and terrible tiredness and last week like a shot I've started getting evening sickness, can't eat after 6pm, terrible wind cramps, bloating and a little nausea. My sense of smell is the worst thing, can't cope with cleaning products (and I usually love a good hour of scrubbing!) and the smell of one of the dogs is killing me, I can't be near her. My partner thinks I'm going mad, says he can't smell anything!!

If I have a day when I feel alright, I start to worry, why aren't I tired? why aren't I curled up with cramps? Why aren't my boobs hot and sore? I know I should enjoy feeling normal but my mind starts racing and I'm lost then in the world of worry. My first scan isn't for another 3 weeks (that's not helping) I've found it difficult giving my body over to the baby and not being able to understand everything that's going on. There is a history of miscarriage in my family and I'm obviously worrying about that too. We haven't told anyone only my parents, but I'm sure others suspect, I'm waiting for the scan to assure myself that everything is going alright.

I needed to vent, so thank you for reading or scanning through my post.

Still feeling so worried after the tech said it was too early in ultrasound so she couldn't see anything only sac :( have another 4 weeks until 3 month scan don't know how I'll cope waiting that long! Will be near 13 weeks then. Mind is somewhere else at work and I seem to be snapping at my poor 4 year old :( just worrying so much I need to switch off

Oh god girls the scan wait is torture & I always imagined I'd just be elated from the second I found out I was pregnant but its the total opposite so I can relate to how ye're feeling so well. Zoe I really feel for you because you had the courage to do what I was afraid to & didn't get the result you'd have loved & that must have been so upsetting even though everything is probably just fine. A little heartbeat would have changed your whole outlook for the next month so I hope you feel a bit better about it as it gets closer!

Daisy that tiredness sucks! I have some of your symptoms but it sounds like you have it much worse but hopefully most of that will be gone soon at the 12 week mark! I noticed that smell thing for the first time today at work. I normally have a good constitution but had to deal with someone with very poor hygiene & it was so hard to hold my breath! I was bent over empty reaching afterwards & that never happened before! Wouldn't you love to feel like they seem to on tv? To be blooming & overjoyed with everything instead of terrified & thinking the worst? Roll on June so we can all relax a bit (hopefully a lot!) & be more positive! We should really try to distract ourselves from the negative things & think positive because we really have no cause to be this demented right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 YogiBear2015

How is everyone doing since? The tiredness is the biggest problem I have. Wrecked by the time its 10pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

How is everyone doing since? The tiredness is the biggest problem I have. Wrecked by the time its 10pm!

Same here! Bed at 10.30 every night!
    Had my scan on Monday and all was good, very emotional seeing the little peanut! Based on the scan I've got a new due date of Dec 2nd. I don't think it's all sunk in yet!

Dying all day today from a migraine and the munchies all day today! Plenty of ickle bitty kicks over the past few days. 12 weeks tomorrow, so only 6 more weeks until I can book a gender 3D scans! I'm so sure it's a girl, and OH reckons boy! Mind you, I was convinced my daughter was a boy, so maybe he is right :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

zoe88 wrote: »
    Still feeling so worried after the tech said it was too early in ultrasound so she couldn't see anything only sac :( have another 4 weeks until 3 month scan don't know how I'll cope waiting that long! Will be near 13 weeks then. Mind is somewhere else at work and I seem to be snapping at my poor 4 year old :( just worrying so much I need to switch off

Just pay €100 for private scan over next week or so and if 8 weeks due you will see heartbeat. So that should give you reassurance until 3 month scan. Best of luck.

Advertisement