Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

We went in for the 20 week scan, and said we did not want to know the sex nor indeed did we want to know if anything was seriously wrong [as from our POV why would you, when you cant do anything about it except worry, and its only an educated guess anyway]..

..and nurse was like "ok......then why are you here?" :D

Anyway, things are all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Don't. Know if anyone is thinking of a 3d scan. We went to blackrock and brought my mam with us. Was amazing, getting to see him in real time was unbelievable, my mam was made up too at getting to see her grandson. Unbelievable experience, would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

stuchyg wrote: »
    Don't. Know if anyone is thinking of a 3d scan. We went to blackrock and brought my mam with us. Was amazing, getting to see him in real time was unbelievable, my mam was made up too at getting to see her grandson. Unbelievable experience, would highly recommend it

I got two the first time and one this time (but would love to go again this time as never got to see baby's face in 3D).
    It really is a fantastic experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hi ladies. 27 wks tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing Braxtons Hicks already? not painful but extremely uncomfortable!!

Hi ladies. 27 wks tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing Braxtons Hicks already? not painful but extremely uncomfortable!!

Yup, I'm definitely getting them too. Still not painful but a damned sight more uncomfortable than the first time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurac19

Hi girls does any of you know any pages on Facebook for Irish mammys to be to share information ect. Been trying to find one ages now can't seem to find one anywhere

What about the newborn and toddler forum here, many years of folk sharing info and knowledge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Laurac19 wrote: »
    Hi girls does any of you know any pages on Facebook for Irish mammys to be to share information ect. Been trying to find one ages now can't seem to find one anywhere

Letterkenny babies is very good for sharing info, asking for advise ect even if your not in the region

All quiet here too [also posting on November thread, both far more quiet than other due month threads].

My better half is due right at the end of November, but we are both convinced that baby will actually arrive in December.

Starting to look at getting some of the key things one needs this weekend.

How is everyone else doing?

All quiet here too [also posting on November thread, both far more quiet than other due month threads].

My better half is due right at the end of November, but we are both convinced that baby will actually arrive in December.

Starting to look at getting some of the key things one needs this weekend.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm getting too big for my maternity clothes. Apparently they don't make over-the-bump jeans for bumps as big as mine! :(
    As I'm sure your missus would tell you, that's enough for a two-hour sob in bed with the curtains drawn.
    30 weeks on Monday - still no sign of my last scan date!
    On the plus side, got everything I want bought except for bottles, and they are coming into Aldi cheap today so that's me done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

I hear ye with the big bump...mine is enormous! I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and feel like I'm full term. I've a low lying placenta so will be given another scan at 34 weeks. The other night in bed I had a very strange movement that caused me to wake up, I think either the placenta moved or my bump dropped. Either way I've been feeling a lot more baby kicks and movement.
    This is my second baby and all we've bought is another cotbed. I'm not getting another pram until baba is here as I want to get a double one and I want to try the two of them in it to see how we get on :-) I have my eye on the Phil and Teds Navigator. The wheels look good, especially for country roads. I'll buy a well looked after second hand one if I can or maybe one in the January sales!
    I don't post very often but check in from time to time. Hope all the Mammies and Daddies to be are doing well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

26 weeks and going well except for constant broken sleep! Wakening up a lot during the night and flattened then in work the next day.
    Bought a second hand glider chair for the bedroom and ordered travel system today! They'll keep it in storage until closer to the time. Won't buy anything else for awhile. Hope everyone keeping well!

How is everyone doing? My doc is talking about inducing me a week early now due to my second labour being what they call "spontaneous labour" not sure how likely it would be to be happen again though?

How is everyone doing? My doc is talking about inducing me a week early now due to my second labour being what they call "spontaneous labour" not sure how likely it would be to be happen again though?

I've no idea what a spontaneous labour is?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

I must be really naive as I thought most labours were spontaneous! Those doctors certainly know how to confuse you!

Smiley11 wrote: »
    I must be really naive as I thought most labours were spontaneous! Those doctors certainly know how to confuse you!

I assumed a spontaneous labour was a natural one where you go on your own :P
    In fact, a quick Google says that's exactly what it is - naturally occuring labour with no intervention.
    Why on earth would they want to induce you early for having one of those? Is that not the goal :confused:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I assumed a spontaneous labour was a natural one where you go on your own :P
    In fact, a quick Google says that's exactly what it is - naturally occuring labour with no intervention.
    Why on earth would they want to induce you early for having one of those? Is that not the goal :confused:

My second labour my waters broke suddenly & I barely made the hospital in time to have her!! Infairness I wouldn't mind going that quick again :D

My second labour my waters broke suddenly & I barely made the hospital in time to have her!! Infairness I wouldn't mind going that quick again :D

Yeah, in fairness that sounds about as ideal as it can get under the circumstances. I can't possibly imagine why a doctor would want to put your body and baby under unnecessary stress because you had a stellar previous labour! :confused:

Yeah, in fairness that sounds about as ideal as it can get under the circumstances. I can't possibly imagine why a doctor would want to put your body and baby under unnecessary stress because you had a stellar previous labour! :confused:

same here.would rather not be induced. Had no symptoms before my waters broke either. perhaps he thinks I'll go as fast this time round.

same here.would rather not be induced. Had no symptoms before my waters broke either. perhaps he thinks I'll go as fast this time round.

I had my waters broke as part of a planned induction when I was 2 weeks over with my first. Only actually found out recently that "technically" I wasn't induced at all, since I wasn't given anything to bring on contractions. I had contractions straight away but didn't notice because they felt like when baby used to stretch out and make everything go all tight like when a big bum would be sticking out :D
    3 hours of these, and I got my first "uh-oh" pain. 2 hours later I was pushing and a half an hour after that she was out.

Midwife told me that I could expect another speedy labour as well - a girl can dream :o

• Advertisement

I had my waters broke as part of a planned induction when I was 2 weeks over with my first. Only actually found out recently that "technically" I wasn't induced at all, since I wasn't given anything to bring on contractions. I had contractions straight away but didn't notice because they felt like when baby used to stretch out and make everything go all tight like when a big bum would be sticking out :D
    3 hours of these, and I got my first "uh-oh" pain. 2 hours later I was pushing and a half an hour after that she was out.

Midwife told me that I could expect another speedy labour as well - a girl can dream :o

My waters broke at home & pain came very fast by time I got to hospital & they checked to see how far I was dilated baby's head was on the way out. ended up giving birth in the emergency room 2 mins later. she was 6lbs so it was an easy birth infairness. had scan last wk & this baby weights 3lbs 12oz so seems she'll be bigger. My first daughter weighted 9lbs 6 :eek:

Apparently its called Precipitate labour & not spontaneous lol silly doctor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

My friend had a spontaneous labour also and it did happen to her again - quicker than before but 5 days before her due date. Are u far from hospital? She lives 40 mins / 1 hour away. I would avoid any kind of drugs / intervention unless you see it as absolutely necessary. Induction can be painful... Then mother needs epidural and so on... A friend of mine was induced using a pessary in September. She's had two sweeps, lost her mucus plug and baby came within 8 hours (2nd baby) but she was also 9 days over...the pessary she said was much gentler than the drip for inducing.
    How quickly did your last baby arrive? Also are the two pregnancies close together? My baby came at 33 weeks and came pretty quickly... 6 hours from start to finish but that wouldn't be considered spontaneous. I'm not traveling from now as I'm 10 days off when last man came... Getting anxious!!!

My friend had a spontaneous labour also and it did happen to her again - quicker than before but 5 days before her due date. Are u far from hospital? She lives 40 mins / 1 hour away. I would avoid any kind of drugs / intervention unless you see it as absolutely necessary. Induction can be painful... Then mother needs epidural and so on... A friend of mine was induced using a pessary in September. She's had two sweeps, lost her mucus plug and baby came within 8 hours (2nd baby) but she was also 9 days over...the pessary she said was much gentler than the drip for inducing.
    How quickly did your last baby arrive? Also are the two pregnancies close together? My baby came at 33 weeks and came pretty quickly... 6 hours from start to finish but that wouldn't be considered spontaneous. I'm not traveling from now as I'm 10 days off when last man came... Getting anxious!!!

first baby took 16 hours second baby less than an hour from my waters breaking. I'm about 15 mins from the hospital. my midwife has advised me should it start I'm to get into a taxi immediately and not wait around for my husband ha

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Am 30 weeks and huge try a pair of maternity dungarees they are so comfy and i bought a maternity support girdle heaven! Dugarees not very flattering but who cares

Hey everyone, our thread is very quiet these days! Hope everyone is well and getting ready for our month!
    Finally started washing baby clothes with a view to getting the bag sorted this wkd. Due on the 20th and would love to be done and dusted by Christmas but not very hopeful! Finishing work in a week and have been blessed with a fairly decent 3rd trimester so far! Sleeping fine and good energy levels, please may it continue until d -day!

Its like a ghost town!:) Glad to hear you're doing well & getting ready in earnest! I'm shattered the last couple of days & can't wait for it all to be over now! I had a great pregnancy though so hopefully this is only a temporary blip! I have a scan Tuesday so hoping to get signed off then as going to work has been a massive hurdle lately the more cumbersome I've become! Its so hard lugging around all the weight!
    I can't wait to finish up & start getting organised properly. I have the bag done a few weeks but need to make a few adjustments. I'm also planning a cinema day, dvd day & spa day seeing as this is the last month of my life that I'll have to myself...scary thought! :eek:

Hope everybody is doing well anyway & getting excited! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Hi ladies,
    39 weeks here, was in the clinic today and they think I'll be gone by next week! Had a sweep :eek::eek::eek: and just had bath with clary sage so hopefully won't be waiting too much longer!

Oh you're so lucky Jules! Its great to have had the sweep cos at the very least its the beginning of the end! I'm only 36 weeks & the next 4-6 weeks seems like an eternity! Clary sage? I've never heard of that, is it a labour booster?

• Advertisement

So jealous too Jules, You might be the first one to kick off with the December babies! What hospital are you going too? If holles street offer me a sweep at 39 weeks I think I'd jump at the chance!
    Smiley, your spa day sounds lovely! Going to plan a few nice things for maternity leave too while I have the chance. As long as it doesn't involve stairs ! They are becoming a major obstacle!

Advertisement