Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

copacetic wrote: »
    I used code nt14 to get 15% off mine via Cotswold (not the 20 I thought I got!) £60 off the performer bundle. I ordered back at start of feb so not sure if still valid. National trust, Ctc etc have 15% off codes if it's not working and should be able to track them down on the web.

Edit so grey performer bundle @ 561 here, cost 340gbp which is coming up as 461.

Further edit (pic)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94550503&postcount=3150

Thanks Copacetic for the discount code. Ordered my watch ,Thursday and got an email confirming dispatch on Friday.

Here's hoping it will arive before ,Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Thanks for the link and codes guys, Just ordered the Fenix 3 Performer GPS HRM for €420.75 all in, not a bad price considering the dollar to euro mess that's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

kao123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link and codes guys, Just ordered the Fenix 3 Performer GPS HRM for €420.75 all in, not a bad price considering the dollar to euro mess that's happening.

How's that ? The HRM version is coming up as STG 400 STG. Take 15% discount and that leaves you with STG360, which, according to xe.net is ~490 euros.

What am I missing ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    How's that ? The HRM version is coming up as STG 400 STG. Take 15% discount and that leaves you with STG360, which, according to xe.net is ~490 euros.

What am I missing ?

You need to go into the Irish option on the site and it is €495 before the discount.

ChristyM wrote: »
    You need to go into the Irish option on the site and it is €495 before the discount.

Yep that's pretty much what I did, apparently it has dispatched today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

ChristyM wrote: »

Ouch!! so someone has fupped up the exchange rate on their web build. How long before they realise this costly mistake?

AKW wrote: »
    Ouch!! so someone has fupped up the exchange rate on their web build. How long before they realise this costly mistake?

SShhhh! say nothing :)

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise there was a Euro price. I just ordered one in euros, will return the sterling one when it arrives😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Damienc1972

Hi
    Just wondering is anybody having problems with there garmin 220. Problem I am having is trying to send work out to the watch it keeps telling me to download garmin express which I have done and they keep changing between modern to classic. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    New to this so not sure I'm doing it right. #drivingmedaft

Hi
    Just wondering is anybody having problems with there garmin 220. Problem I am having is trying to send work out to the watch it keeps telling me to download garmin express which I have done and they keep changing between modern to classic. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    New to this so not sure I'm doing it right. #drivingmedaft

Do you have Garmin Express opened and on the desktop before you start the Send to Device ?

Regarding the Classic/Modern shift, they seem to be doing it in stages. I noticed yesterday that the Workout creation page is now defaulting to modern. I'm not really a fan of the modern look in general, but it definitely works better when creating workouts, teh flow is more natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Ordered the standard performer bundle with the 15% discount (tried adding another 10% discount code, but no dice), and that will be here next week apparently.

I see the Cotswold website states for the Fenix 3
    COMING SOON You can now pre-order this item from us. For orders placed from 18 March 2015 we currently expect to be able to deliver it to you by mid to late April but please note that this estimate could change.

Is that statement out of date.

It is also saying free delivery to Ireland 26th - 31st March, is there normally a delivery charge?

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise there was a Euro price. I just ordered one in euros, will return the sterling one when it arrives��

My Sterling watch arrived last night. It's pretty tasty, but not had a chance to do much with it yet, took me ages to figure out how to set the time manually as I wasn't going to go outside in that weather to look for a satellite :)

wrstan wrote: »
    I see the Cotswold website states for the Fenix 3

Is that statement out of date.

It is also saying free delivery to Ireland 26th - 31st March, is there normally a delivery charge?

Thanks

go to http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/ie to get the euro price.

I'm not sure how much delivery normally is.

My Sterling watch arrived last night. It's pretty tasty, but not had a chance to do much with it yet, took me ages to figure out how to set the time manually as I wasn't going to go outside in that weather to look for a satellite :)

Hey PaulieC, I'm just wondering if you got a tracking ID for your order?, I got a mail saying mine has been dispatched but there is no tracking ID for it.

thanks in advance.

kao123 wrote: »
    Hey PaulieC, I'm just wondering if you got a tracking ID for your order?, I got a mail saying mine has been dispatched but there is no tracking ID for it.

thanks in advance.

Yes, once it was dispatched I got a mail from the transit company ,UK Mail. the e-mail address is list_reportservices@ukmail.com, check your junk mail folder maybe ?

For reference, I got the dispatch mail from Cotswold on Friday at 3:30 and the watch was delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday morning at about 8:00, i got the PM text at 9 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, once it was dispatched I got a mail from the transit company ,UK Mail. the e-mail address is list_reportservices@ukmail.com, check your junk mail folder maybe ?

For reference, I got the dispatch mail from Cotswold on Friday at 3:30 and the watch was delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday morning at about 8:00, i got the PM text at 9 last night.
    If (like me) you ordered from the Irish site with delivery to an Irish address, it probably went by courier (DPD according to their website), so should be delivered in the next day or two. I also got my dispatch email on Friday at 3:30pm. Parcel Motel is faster than direct courier... Who knew?

*Edit*: My order page now says that it was shipped by 'Metapack'.

If (like me) you ordered from the Irish site with delivery to an Irish address, it probably went by courier (DPD according to their website), so should be delivered in the next day or two. I also got my dispatch email on Friday at 3:30pm. Parcel Motel is faster than direct courier... Who knew?

*Edit*: My order page now says that it was shipped by 'Metapack'.

couldn't wait ? :o

couldn't wait ? :o
    Once I compared prices across geographies, I realized that the Cotswold price was actually extremely good, and may not stay that way. This was the nail in the coffin. :pac:

Anyone want to buy a 910xt? Only 11 thousand genuine miles on the clock. :)

it take a bit of time to reprogram yourself after using the 910xt, but it's a lovely piece of kit. I had an average 9.8 cm vertical oscillation earlier. And it awarded me three badges !!

Now if I could only figure out how to get the music controls to work, I'd be laughing.

Mine arrived by courier today and it looks pretty damn good.

I ordered it last Thursday through the Irish option on the website and got confirmation of dispatch on Friday.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it!

• Advertisement

Lo and behold it arrived this morning, it's a very nice watch indeed, it makes my trusty battered and worn 410 look ancient.
    Now I probably need to take two days off work just to figure out how to use it.

Once again thanks to the providers of the link and the discount code...

Now I had better go use it!

Just FYI in case anyone is looking:

Cycle Supertore in Tallaght have them in stock for 444/463 (standard/HRM versions). That's a decent price for a B&M store. Also very decent when you see the equivalent prices for the 920 XT (481/518).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What discount code are people using for cotsworld?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What discount code are people using for cotsworld?

nt14

From copacetic (on a one man mission to bankrupt Cotswold :D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's giving 10% off alright,

Mine got it's inaugural spin this afternoon. Very impressed so far. I had hoped the new HR strap might remove any spikes, but for the first mile I was averaging 180-190bmp as usual. A little disgusted with the marathon predictor figure it gave me (3:00:04), based on my calculated V02max of 55, but expect it will drop over the coming weeks (or the watch is going in the bin. :)).

Good stuff, I'll be well impressed if you guys don't report any bugs or quirks with it over the next few days and weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mountain Rescue

Thanx for all the help on the tread,just ordered it now from Cotswold for €445,i couldn't find it cheaper.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Good stuff, I'll be well impressed if you guys don't report any bugs or quirks with it over the next few days and weeks.

I can't get the music controls to do anything and can't see anything online about it ��

• Advertisement

I can't get the music controls to do anything and can't see anything online about it ��

I can't help you there, my phone isn't compatible with the bluetooth smart technology (HTC One M7), so I have no idea about these settings.
    I'll report back when I get myself a Samsung Galaxy S6!

Advertisement