Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PaulieC wrote: »
    Do you have any more details on that, AKW ?
    More here.

Also this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Picked up on it in the Garmin Talks group on Facebook

Worked a treat. Easy to install and worked a treat. The fact that the HRM has updatable firmware really impressed me. Just one more update needed to swing Polarboy around to the other side ;)

You can see the data on this treadmill run from last night https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/965003664

I didn't look at the watch throughout, just messed around with the paced and that on the treadmill. But in the last 3 mins or so I was flicking through the screens to see the displays. I wear watch on the left wrist and unwittingly started landing heavily on the left. Interesting to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you have a footpod too or does all that come from the chest strap?

I didn't think I need one, I still don't think I need one, but I want one to get all those charts and figures.

Is there a reason you don't have elevation correction switched on? (edit, never mind, I see that if the watch has a barometer in it then it's disabled as a default)

All from the chest strap. The internal accelerometer gives the pace information which is why it gets to be choppy on a treadmill. Unless you stay consistent with arm swing and not looking at watch the pace will vary.

Of course you need one! :D

I never think about elevation. I must recalibrate the altimeter from a point just to keep it uptodate.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

The cadence/pace/distance comes from the accelerometer on the watch, right?
    I've run on the treadmill without the hrm-run and get the basic info without the run dynamics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Hmmm...what are peoples thoughts on the Fenix 3 versus the 630?
    I was set on either the 235 or 630 but now am starting to lean back towards the Fenix 3 again....

Hmmm...what are peoples thoughts on the Fenix 3 versus the 630?
    I was set on either the 235 or 630 but now am starting to lean back towards the Fenix 3 again....

@thetubes - yes I think you are right. The stage 1 run dynamics of ground contact time comes from the HRM for sure. I thought cadence came from the HRM too but that may be secondary to the wrist accelerometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

TheTubes wrote: »
    The cadence/pace/distance comes from the accelerometer on the watch, right?
    I've run on the treadmill without the hrm-run and get the basic info without the run dynamics.

I've tried watch only, watch with run hrm and watch with run hrm + footpod and it's only with the addition of the footpod that I get consistent treadmill data that matches my expectations.

Guys,
    does the beta firmware include Lactate Threshold, Stress Score and Performance Conditions as part of the Running Dynamics?

• Advertisement

Guys,
    does the beta firmware include Lactate Threshold, Stress Score and Performance Conditions as part of the Running Dynamics?

Cona wrote: »
    Guys,

No but I hope it comes down in the next beta version.

AKW wrote: »
    Of course you need one! :D

Well then I'll have to get one. I have one of the older basic chest straps from my 305 which I thought would do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well then I'll have to get one. I have one of the older basic chest straps from my 305 which I thought would do me.

there's your problem...you need new advanced things to be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I just saw the Garmin Fenix 3 in Great Outdoors. It was €511.99. At this price, I presume it was the sapphire model - though Great Outdoors are never the cheapest anyway. D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    I just saw the Garmin Fenix 3 in Great Outdoors. It was €511.99. At this price, I presume it was the sapphire model - though Great Outdoors are never the cheapest anyway. D.

Current RRP is €542 for the HRM bundle and €665 for the Sapphire HRM bundle
    €491 for the watch only version or €614 for Sapphire watch.

It may have been the regular model, Garmin themselves sell it for a little ove €490.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mr abbey

Does anybody know is it possible to use this watch with GC for the golf functions?

Doesn't seem to be much information online for it. Will it connect with phone to give front/middle/back distances etc.

Fenix 3 is available on Wiggle for 385, which is a pretty good price.

Anyone interested in a used fenix 3 ?

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in a used fenix 3 ?

You going all integrated?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    You going all integrated?

Disintegrated. Was looking at a bike specific unit, so downgrading to a cheaper running yoke. I like the look of the 230 and heading to the States next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Anybody have battery performance issues with their Fenix 3?

Some snazzy new models being announced at CES. A model with wrist HR and also a sapphire model with titanium finish (which is really quite stunning). Prices ? Both can be yours for a mere $800.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/05/garmin-varia-vision-and-sport-watches/

Some snazzy new models being announced at CES. A model with wrist HR and also a sapphire model with titanium finish (which is really quite stunning). Prices ? Both can be yours for a mere $800.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/05/garmin-varia-vision-and-sport-watches/

Can you throw a few in your suitcase :)

wrstan wrote: »
    Anybody have battery performance issues with their Fenix 3?

What time of issues are you having, I only had one that I can recall where the battery drained very quickly, but after a reset and firmware update I've had no issues since.

When I have it connected to my phone via bluetooth it does go through the battery quicker, so I only switch on bluetooth if I need to sync via the phone.

I leave my bluetooth on all the time now, as it uses BLE I haven't noticed much of a difference regarding battery drain. But mainly because I like getting the notifications on the watch.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I leave my bluetooth on all the time now, as it uses BLE I haven't noticed much of a difference regarding battery drain. But mainly because I like getting the notifications on the watch.

Just a FYI, my wife wears the 920 and recently received a burn on her arm like an allergic reaction to a bracelet which turns out to be from the watch. She had BT on permanently with notifications and I think it is a burn from the electronic field or whatever BT are using. Not sure about the fenix where the transmitter is located but just monitor - may be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    What time of issues are you having, I only had one that I can recall where the battery drained very quickly, but after a reset and firmware update I've had no issues since.

When I have it connected to my phone via bluetooth it does go through the battery quicker, so I only switch on bluetooth if I need to sync via the phone.

Sounds like a similar experience. I had a drain from 100% to <20% in about 14 hours with no activity the other day. However a reset seems to have sorted it out (I hope), it's gone from 100 to 77% including a 10 mile run over the last 20 hours.

• Advertisement

sconhome wrote: »
    Just a FYI, my wife wears the 920 and recently received a burn on her arm like an allergic reaction to a bracelet which turns out to be from the watch. She had BT on permanently with notifications and I think it is a burn from the electronic field or whatever BT are using. Not sure about the fenix where the transmitter is located but just monitor - may be nothing.

Very odd, would it be an allergy to a metal in the band? I've read that Fitbit users had similar issues which turned out to be a reaction to nickel in the band, http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/11/fitbit-acknowledges-latest-devices-are-causing-rashes-advises-to-give-your-wrist-a-rest/

Advertisement