Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

zico10 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but without setting the watch to miles, is it possible to set the Fenix 3 to auto lap every 1.61km?

Thanks

I haven’t used it myself but the below looks like it should do it.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-5E34E41D-D8CB-496E-839D-BC1F0CBFCC48.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I haven’t used it myself but the below looks like it should do it.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-5E34E41D-D8CB-496E-839D-BC1F0CBFCC48.html

I found that, but I can only adjust the distance by 0.05km, so the closest I can get to a mile is 1.60km. Just wondering if there is a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can set the lap to km, independent to the distance travelled being measured in miles.

Set your units to Kms in settings - system. Then go to the Run app within settings and make sure your auto lap is on and at 1km.

Then go back you your units in the system menu and change it to miles. Now when you go back to the run app you'll see the autolap will be 0.62 miles.

So I'm guessing if you do the opposite to the above, set it to miles and the autolap to 1 mile, change the units to Kms and the autolap will still be the km equipment of a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Hurrache wrote: »
    You can set the lap to km, independent to the distance travelled being measured in miles.

Set your units to Kms in settings - system. Then go to the Run app within settings and make sure your auto lap is on and at 1km.

Then go back you your units in the system menu and change it to miles. Now when you go back to the run app you'll see the autolap will be 0.62 miles.

I've got it now, thanks. I could figure that out on the much simpler Foreunner 110. I'm getting too old for all this technology.

Advertisement